Remove this Banner Ad

DCT88

Senior List
Jan 6, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Alright, joined up

There's some interesting midpricers around

Sterling has been upgraded to forward status, a great move imo for the integrity of the competition and will offer more PODs in the forwards department to choose from instead of the same old bland, boring Kane/Aguero/Salah combo that has reigned supreme the last 2 years

A few I think could be worth a punt (not sure on injury/transfer status but look like value)

KDB
Alexis Sanchez
Yarmolenko
Lanzini
Ben Davies
Bailly
Thanks for the tips, my EPL knowledge is not great so I just try to make as much coin as possible in the first ten weeks then try to buy the best players. Did notice KDB very cheap though and agree with your assessment of Sterling's position.

I've always prioritised leagues but ranked 248 in AFL RDT currently so might have a crack at the rankings next year. Once you're 400 points off the leader you're pretty screwed though.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Thanks for the tips, my EPL knowledge is not great so I just try to make as much coin as possible in the first ten weeks then try to buy the best players. Did notice KDB very cheap though and agree with your assessment of Sterling's position.

I've always prioritised leagues but ranked 248 in AFL RDT currently so might have a crack at the rankings next year. Once you're 400 points off the leader you're pretty screwed though.
There's always decent cheapies from promoted sides, gotta keep an eye out on Villa, Norwich and Sheffield United in their preseason friendlies, though I'm probably more familiar with Villas side from the promoted three.

I'm pretty sure Jed Steer from Villa for example could be a cash cow goalkeeper, Jack Grealish also will play alot for them too.

Fantasy footy scout and a few other FPL dedicated sites are useful when looking at players in a starting side.

I'll look at fixturing in the next few weeks, work out who may start well and stuff not just from the top teams. Watford and Bournemouth for example last season had a few who hit the ground running like Holebas, Pereyra, Fraser, Cook etc. West Ham looks to have a decent early draw, only play the Manchester sides early, then 12-13 weeks in they cop Spurs and Chelsea, but they'll have made enough $$$ by then if anyone from West Ham is worth taking.

Rhys Hart

Draftee
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Anyone live in Sydney who’s keen to join an epl fantasy comp? $500 buy in, 20 teams, 10k prize money. We’re having a live auction on Friday 9th August. Let me know if you’re keen 👍🏻

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
It is a pretty low salary cap. Looks like have try to go players that you think a well priced. Looking at going only 2 players over $10,000. Need at least one to have as lock for Captain. Looking at Salah or Kane.
Plenty of value picks around though, start there then try and fit in your 2-3 preferred premiums. KDB at 6.6 or whatever he is is a steal for example.

You'll find the salary cap isn't too bad as players fluctuate in price extremely quickly with the Supercoach/DT price change format, in particular, players who have big scores their 2nd or 3rd week I'd be rushing to trade in just to get their price rise, then once they max in price it's a cheap upgrade to a premium who may have started slowly.

40 trades is more than enough, depending if you nail your side or not, normally takes 15-25 trades to get a full premo side in. Adjusting your side for FA Cup byes is the big challenge in the second half of the season, you do that then you're laughing.

Last year picks like Holebas, Mendy and Pedro were great to start with. I'm sure there'll be a few this year.

Found an EPL Fant League on Sportsdeck that some guy posted invitations to on Twitter if anyones interested - 605081
In - Team name: Hey Giroud

Falchoon Plugger35 Tippaz Bradkli go you pups

If you are all in again, with a few others that have already said they are interested we will have about half the league full already. Will try to convince a few more as well

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
What cheap defenders are people getting? I'm currently deciding between Tuanzebe, Aarons, Elmohamady and Enda Stevens. Not sure if there are other good options. I'm planning to get three cheap defenders and spend more on midfielders and forwards.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
What cheap defenders are people getting? I'm currently deciding between Tuanzebe, Aarons, Elmohamady and Enda Stevens. Not sure if there are other good options. I'm planning to get three cheap defenders and spend more on midfielders and forwards.
Elmohamady still going around?

He'd be like 33-34 now wouldn't he? Not sure if he'd play every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Back