EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Only got 113 but went up 6 places lol. I need a loophole option too I think, but on the flip side at least only Bertrand isn't playing at the moment but should be back next game week. It's a shame I have probably missed some players I could have made more money off, Coady especially frustrating as he's lost money. Bernard & Grealish only moderate increases, but they combined for 5pts so need to score to make anything else worthwhile.

Mount, Pukki & Haller all earning some good bacon at least

Tippaz

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
gw4: 109pts
overall: 503rd

KDB(c) = :thumbsu:
Moura DNP(donut) = :thumbsdown:

with Pukki vs ManC, i think he might have peaked at 12.5m
would like to upgrade Giroud too, so a couple of bargain strikers might be my go

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel
Where do you find the break evens?

Roughly

Pukki is 12.5m that equates to a weekly points value of 12.5

12.5 * 3 = 37.5

Pukki needs 37.5 points over 3 games to hold his value, he's scored 20+6 in the last 2, therefore needs 11.5 to hold his price.

Roughly

Pukki is 12.5m that equates to a weekly points value of 12.5

12.5 * 3 = 37.5

Pukki needs 37.5 points over 3 games to hold his value, he's scored 20+6 in the last 2, therefore needs 11.5 to hold his price.

I was today years old when I learned that this makes sense

I got an email the other day saying about a 2 week trial for the assistant coach that gives you projections, break evens etc. It would be worth doing that early on when it’s quite important to sell high & buy low

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel
I was today years old when I learned that this makes sense

I got an email the other day saying about a 2 week trial for the assistant coach that gives you projections, break evens etc. It would be worth doing that early on when it’s quite important to sell high & buy low

The breakeven formula is pretty much as above

I did the price change formula in spreadsheet last year, I could never get it 100% but was always close enough.

If i take Vardy, anything in grey is actual

reading from left to right in grey his average was 7.3 and his current price 7.1, his last 3 games were 4,10 & 12.

I have a prediction formula based on strength of opposition, ie I was predicting 5.5 as he is up against a team that allows a team to score 75% of their average score (probs Tottenham, Man C and Liverpool are closer to 60%.

5.5+10 +12 = 27.5 which is greater than his current price *3 ( 7.1*3=21.3) therefore he will go up in price.

My formula to predict the price rise was roughly the difference between those 2 numbers (6.2), divided by 4 , divided by 3 = 0.5.

add that to the 7.1 = 7.6

as I said, not exact but certainly close enough.

But i think my trading as a general rule was pretty spot on.

Fixture runs in this game are gold, hence the strength of fixture component to the analysis.

Unfortunately this year I did no pre season analysis.

But back in to the swing of things, I'm going to try and reasonably lock in the best forwards and backs (brought in Van Dijk and Robertson this week) & trade the hell out of midfielders based on value and fixture runs.

Ran out of time to check starting line-ups before midnight, ended up with KDB as captain. Bar that it's been a very good week so far

Back