A Section Premier section 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
This Saturday it is do or die for my Lions against Old Scotch.

Should be a terrific game of football down at the Harry Trott.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
SNOWDOGS
UNIAFL
OXAFL
SKOBAFL
LIONSAFL

Top 4 playing each other is great. The miserly OXAFL back 6 coming up against the three headed monster of the Fields. Expect the Banting Dobosz and Whitehead Eddy matchups to dictate the day. What a game it will be. SKOBAFL and OB will also show a lot as where the two are at.

45 /

Mr Gold

Debutant
Jun 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
SNOWDOGS
UNIAFL
OXAFL
SKOBAFL
LIONSAFL

Top 4 playing each other is great. The miserly OXAFL back 6 coming up against the three headed monster of the Fields. Expect the Banting Dobosz and Whitehead Eddy matchups to dictate the day. What a game it will be. SKOBAFL and OB will also show a lot as where the two are at.

45 /
Mr Angle, nice summation, however I think this weeks games and maybe next weeks, won’t show where teams are at. The break has not been ideal and if anything, I fear injuries off one nights training.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Mr Angle, nice summation, however I think this weeks games and maybe next weeks, won’t show where teams are at. The break has not been ideal and if anything, I fear injuries off one nights training.
I’m a glass half full operator MG. Especially in these times. In my opinion, it will be an injury-less round and champagne football from the top 4, if the rain holds off. But that’s just me. Looking at things from a positive angle, albeit from 45 out. Go xavs.

Keano15

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2009
Glenhuntly Oval
AFL Club
Carlton
Old Trinity v St Bernards - Snowdogs should do this.
Old Melburnians v Uni Blues - This could be close.
Collegians v Old Scotch - Lions at home.
SKOBS v Old Brighton - Home team to kick away late.
Old Xaverians v Caulfield - Betting on 8 in a row.

Hippster

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wesley to get it done.
Snowdogs to bust a move.
Caulfield in a thriller
Uni in a close one
SkobAFL at home by a few

Last edited:

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Terrific game at the Harry Trott on Saturday. At 3/4 time, my Lions were down by an even 3 goals, however kicking with the breeze in the last quarter it was bound for a grandstand finish.

Enter David Mirra, swung from the midfield to full forward, Mirra proved to me despite the Lions sitting in 9th he is the best player in the competition, taking 6 marks and booting 3 goals, including the first of the last in the opening minute. Late on Mirra swung back into defence and took a couple of intercept marks as well.

Kenny Ong, returning to the club after working overseas for the last 3 years and was moved from the wing to inside the centre square at the beginning of the 4th term. He burst away from a stoppage early in the 4th quarter and calmly slotted through his first of the day.

Declan Watson slotted the sealer from 50 metres out with a few minutes to go but sadly went down with a knee injury with seconds left in the match.

Where there is hope there is life and after 23 months without a victory at the Harry Trott Oval, the Collegians boys were in full voice post game signing the song and look to jump out of the relegation zone before the end of the season.

flat footy

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Slight change of direction, what are the thoughts of other posters as to the 2 up, 2 down policy for season 2021?
I believe some of the other leagues have decided to do nothing.

man in outer

Team Captain
Jul 3, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Essendon
Terrific game at the Harry Trott on Saturday. At 3/4 time, my Lions were down by an even 3 goals, however kicking with the breeze in the last quarter it was bound for a grandstand finish.

Enter David Mirra, swung from the midfield to full forward, Mirra proved to me despite the Lions sitting in 9th he is the best player in the competition, taking 6 marks and booting 3 goals, including the first of the last in the opening minute. Late on Mirra swung back into defence and took a couple of intercept marks as well.

Kenny Ong, returning to the club after working overseas for the last 3 years and was moved from the wing to inside the centre square at the beginning of the 4th term. He burst away from a stoppage early in the 4th quarter and calmly slotted through his first of the day.

Declan Watson slotted the sealer from 50 metres out with a few minutes to go but sadly went down with a knee injury with seconds left in the match.

Where there is hope there is life and after 23 months without a victory at the Harry Trott Oval, the Collegians boys were in full voice post game signing the song and look to jump out of the relegation zone before the end of the season.

Great post and glad to see the relegation fight heat up. Top 4 looks pretty set unfortunately.

Flanker28

Senior List
Feb 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just had a look at the Uni Blues team sheet... that's a fair line up of talent they have there. Can anyone explain what's going on down there for that group to be smashed by OM's? It's great to see don't get me wrong, just intrigued what's gone wrong.

Hippster

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Updated Odds..Blues on the slide..

SKOBAFL…$1.60
Claret & Stout…$3.10
Brighton…$4.90
Caulfield…$40.00
Blues…$50.00
Melb..$50.00
1000.00 any others

Mr Gold

Debutant
Jun 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Updated Odds..Blues on the slide..

SKOBAFL…$1.60
Claret & Stout…$3.10
Brighton…$4.90
Caulfield…$40.00
Blues…$50.00
Melb..$50.00
1000.00 any others
I’ll redo the odds Mr Hippster.
OXAFL $1.60
Brighton …$3.10
SKOB…$4.90
Caulfield…$4.90
Blues AFL…$50.00
Melb ..$50.00
1000.00 any others

Last edited:

XXXXAFL

Senior List
Aug 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just had a look at the Uni Blues team sheet... that's a fair line up of talent they have there. Can anyone explain what's going on down there for that group to be smashed by OM's? It's great to see don't get me wrong, just intrigued what's gone wrong.
Furthermore what is wrong with SkobAFL? Played with 22 player points vs Brahton 25 player points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back