Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
Unfortunately not. We just like to keep on civil in Premier division Mr Ford. Although it would’ve been an honour to be related to one of Mr One, Mr Hogan23 or Mr Gold. I might have to give ancestry.com a look and see if there’s a chance.
At least you haven't got a stupid red arrow

Unfortunately not. We just like to keep on civil in Premier division Mr Ford. Although it would’ve been an honour to be related to one of Mr One, Mr Hogan23 or Mr Gold. I might have to give ancestry.com a look and see if there’s a chance.
Which one was from Box Hill North and played AFL ?

Anyone other than me at Elsternwick last sat arvo. The Colls first qtr was as good as any since beating OSTK at H Trott under lights on a friday night a few years ago.

I happened to be at Elsternwick Park on Saturday to witness a great win for the mighty lions.

Before I start, I must admit that I haven't been to Elsternwick for a non-final since it was redeveloped, but I can comment on it by saying that without a finals crowd, it genuinely feels totally empty and eerie.

Flat Footy is right in saying that the first half, in particular the second half of the first quarter and second quarter was the best half of footy played by a Collegians side since 2018. Mirra was marking everything in sight, Kobi George was getting to everything at ground level, Hibbins, Ong, Michie and Walker (back from Port VFL) were gliding through the middle, cutting OMs to shreds and then when OMs tried to go forward, Luke McLeary, a youngster who has really come on in the last year or so, was mopping up everything across half-back.

The lions still caused a lot of issues in the second half, despite OMs trying to shut the game down a bit, but the lions reigned supreme on Saturday down at HQ.

7 in a row, including wins over all other three sides in the top 4 plus Old Xaverians and it has been a fruitful winter for my boys from the Trott.

I happened to be at Elsternwick Park on Saturday to witness a great win for the mighty lions.

Before I start, I must admit that I haven't been to Elsternwick for a non-final since it was redeveloped, but I can comment on it by saying that without a finals crowd, it genuinely feels totally empty and eerie.

Flat Footy is right in saying that the first half, in particular the second half of the first quarter and second quarter was the best half of footy played by a Collegians side since 2018. Mirra was marking everything in sight, Kobi George was getting to everything at ground level, Hibbins, Ong, Michie and Walker (back from Port VFL) were gliding through the middle, cutting OMs to shreds and then when OMs tried to go forward, Luke McLeary, a youngster who has really come on in the last year or so, was mopping up everything across half-back.

The lions still caused a lot of issues in the second half, despite OMs trying to shut the game down a bit, but the lions reigned supreme on Saturday down at HQ.

7 in a row, including wins over all other three sides in the top 4 plus Old Xaverians and it has been a fruitful winter for my boys from the Trott.

MO failed to mention that the ground was FIRM under foot (centre only damp) and NO wind. Perfect conditions...who would have thought.

MO failed to mention that the ground was FIRM under foot (centre only damp) and NO wind. Perfect conditions...who would have thought.

Yes, there was barely a breath of wind all afternoon, a rarity at HQ and likely to mean that come finals time there will be a gale force wind swirling!

Will be cheering your mob on in September if my OXAFL don’t make it MO. Bit of Collingwood about them at the minute. Keep the momentum rolling.

Will be cheering your mob on in September if my OXAFL don’t make it MO. Bit of Collingwood about them at the minute. Keep the momentum rolling.
Serious Question: Does anyone else have OXAFL missing the finals? How did they get into this predicament?
Most talented list in the VAFA IMHO.

Serious Question: Does anyone else have OXAFL missing the finals? How did they get into this predicament?
Most talented list in the VAFA IMHO.
Talent only gets you so far. Have had injuries to important players for most the season. But that’s no excuse. They may just not have the mindset. Lucky the coach is on a 2 year deal or he’d be gone I imagine.

Talent only gets you so far. Have had injuries to important players for most the season. But that’s no excuse. They may just not have the mindset. Lucky the coach is on a 2 year deal or he’d be gone I imagine.
No Coach is on safe ground (irrespective of contracts) at OXAFL, ever since they had a Coach win an A Grade GF one year and before the next season started, they sacked him

Anyone know what Grimley did to get sent off?

Jeez I wonder what the Richmond central player did to get 8 matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So looking at the run home: -

2. Old Brighton (11W, 4L, 120.5%) -> OS (h), STK (a), OM (h)
3. Old Melburnians (10, 5, 116.7%) -> STB (a), OX (EP), OB (a)
4. Collegians (10, 5, 110.6%) -> UB (h), STB (h), OT (a)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Old Xaverians (9, 6, 136.7%) -> OT (a), OM (EP), UB (h)

It's conceivable that OM's go 1-3, OB go 2-1, Coll go 3-0, and OX go 3-0.

That would mean that the final order would be: -
2. OB (13, 5)
3. Coll (13, 5)
4. OX (12, 6)
----------------
5. OM (11, 7)

And Collegians potentially able to finish 2nd considering their run home is against the 3 bottom sides.

So looking at the run home: -

2. Old Brighton (11W, 4L, 120.5%) -> OS (h), STK (a), OM (h)
3. Old Melburnians (10, 5, 116.7%) -> STB (a), OX (EP), OB (a)
4. Collegians (10, 5, 110.6%) -> UB (h), STB (h), OT (a)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Old Xaverians (9, 6, 136.7%) -> OT (a), OM (EP), UB (h)

It's conceivable that OM's go 1-3, OB go 2-1, Coll go 3-0, and OX go 3-0.

That would mean that the final order would be: -
2. OB (13, 5)
3. Coll (13, 5)
4. OX (12, 6)
----------------
5. OM (11, 7)

And Collegians potentially able to finish 2nd considering their run home is against the 3 bottom sides.
Certainly looks like OM will need to win beat Xavs to stay in UB are the obvious wildcard......form and club generally have been all over the place. Very hard to tip at the minute but there is no doubting the top end talent. SKOB just need to give their heads down and secure the double chance over the next two weeks.

Stranger things have happened Mr Footy. It will be a great 3 weeks.

Would love an OXAFL v Collegians GF.
There won’t be an OXFL v anyone Grand Final Mr Angle, because they won’t make it.

I’ve been very disappointed reading your latest posts, how you cannot support a fellow Catholic APS outfit is buying me, quite upsetting I may add.

No one will get near the ladder leaders, it’s all over as they go for four in a row.

There won’t be an OXFL v anyone Grand Final Mr Angle, because they won’t make it.

I’ve been very disappointed reading your latest posts, how you cannot support a fellow Catholic APS outfit is buying me, quite upsetting I may add.

No one will get near the ladder leaders, it’s all over as they go for four in a row.
Mr Platinum. I still back in Xav Richards and Stavrou on their day, as well as young Mr Hams and Mr Robinson. However I do say my faith has waned and was basically non-existent unless it was forced upon me during my schooling days (excuse the pun). Other than when I pray to the footy gods. That being said I have the utmost respect for SKOBAFL and their program. The school itself makes me, sick. Looking forward to the back and forth over the coming weeks.

Jeez I wonder what the Richmond central player did to get 8 matches.
Love how more clubs are getting picked up by video after teams have a winge and send their complaints to the VAFA.
Also, amazing how some umpires don't think its a reportable offence at the time and don't even pay a penalty, yet you can cop 2 weeks by video. Don't get me wrong, videos are great for the snipers and the overzealous street fighters and i'm all for cleaning up the game, but getting notified by the VAFA when its too late to represent your club regarding the report is a joke. Also conrats to a certain president of a club who couldn't resist arguing with opposition players when he was goal umpiring, and then taking a swipe at the players who stayed back for a beer after the game. Class Act.

OB Vs OS
OT Vs OX
CAUL Vs STK
COLL
Vs UB
STB Vs OM
OB Vs OS ....Tonners easy. Old Scotch petering out but would be happy with the year. Best 25 went up the other day. Charlie Tallent too low for mine.
OT Vs OX....OX to give an almighty flex
CAUL Vs STK....SKOB to basically confirm top 2 status....Fielders would be disappointed with the season.
COLL
Vs UB.....There is no stopping the purple army on the march (MOTD).
STB Vs OM.....Back to B grade for the dogs.

Bit of a nothing round....next week looks a cracker though.

I would have maybe thought that UB had a chance (because you never know with them), but with Grimley out I don't see it. He's the only UB player to kick 10 goals or more this season. In fact their second most goals this season is from Fasolo with 9 from just 4 games. They just don't have another reliable avenue to goal without Grimley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back