Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
Look, I think it has been an issue across all grounds this year, especially as winter has gone on and with essentially two seasons of no footy, plus the added issues regarding surface drainage, but the pockets inside 50 at best ends were not fantastic at all.
A couple of grounds in St Bernard's and Trinity look terrific now. Although I know there'd probably be issues with their schools if the vafa wanted to use them and try rest Elsternwick for the granny

I heard on sat that the condition of the ground played a part in the the severity of Kenny's injury.....foot got trapped in the surface..
I have now watched the replay of the game. CollegiansAFL had four players helped from the field with lower leg injuries. They should be taking the pitiful state of the field up with VAFA in the strongest terms. They camera shows just how shifting the surface was and the total lack of grass cover.
It may well be worse this weekend with predicted rain

Do St Kevins maintain their ground , does Wesley provide a ground for Collegians !

Cant speak for Skobs, but Wesley is a co tenant (for school sports etc) with the VCA and Collegians at the Trott.
Wesley's curator comes down and tends the ground accordingly in the Footy season. Occasionally they
play at the schools Waverley Campus with their blessing...

Cant speak for Skobs, but Wesley is a co tenant (for school sports etc) with the VCA and Collegians at the Trott.
Wesley's curator comes down and tends the ground accordingly in the Footy season. Occasionally they
play at the schools Waverley Campus with their blessing...
The curator at Waverley is one of the best .
The problem is that i believe the outfield at the trott is being destroyed by Parks Vic

The curator at Waverley is one of the best .
The problem is that i believe the outfield at the trott is being destroyed by Parks Vic

When the VCA hand it over after the cricket its not in flash condition, but OK. Parks Vic basiclly dont appear to do anything.

When the VCA hand it over after the cricket its not in flash condition, but OK. Parks Vic basiclly dont appear to do anything.
They as well as the GP have destroyed the park . I was and maybe you were on the Albert Park sporting club group when the GP hit , they have no idea and just let the place run down . All they worry about is fining sporting people for parking there .

Three things for the umpires that lurk on these boards
1. Do not pay the crazy deliberate out of bounds in week 2 of finals
2. The CollegiansAFL runner spends the whole game on the ground. 19th man
3. Braahton ruckman #21 goes up too early in every ruck contest

Otherwise have a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10mm of rain expected over the next few days, let's see what the Elsternwick Park surface holds up like. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Despite my claret and stout allegiances, I admire the system that is SKOBAFL/VFL. Can’t lose it from here, and with the young side too, you hope AFL recruiters are watching and willing to take a punt on a couple of them.

Mr Platinum i was always surprised with your backing of OXAFL. The big stage certainly isn’t their most comfortable setting unfortunately. How they approach next year will be interesting with respect to recruiting and what to do with the disappointments this year.

Despite my claret and stout allegiances, I admire the system that is SKOBAFL/VFL. Can’t lose it from here, and with the young side too, you hope AFL recruiters are watching and willing to take a punt on a couple of them.

Mr Platinum i was always surprised with your backing of OXAFL. The big stage certainly isn’t their most comfortable setting unfortunately. How they approach next year will be interesting with respect to recruiting and what to do with the disappointments this year.
If Critchley from Skobs cant get picked up, none of them will. Jock went up and was found wanting....Skob are the perfect AFL Premier team, plenty of top class players, not good enough to go further. Just ideal.

If Critchley from Skobs cant get picked up, none of them will. Jock went up and was found wanting....Skob are the perfect AFL Premier team, plenty of top class players, not good enough to go further. Just ideal.
Name is Jok FF. And that isn't quite right. Went up to VFL. Did so well he was drafted.... unfortunately it was to the dumpster fire known as Essendon. Ned also seems to have gone ok. Plenty in the current side could play at VFL you would suspect....the AFL; well that is harder to judge.

Name is Jok FF. And that isn't quite right. Went up to VFL. Did so well he was drafted.... unfortunately it was to the dumpster fire known as Essendon. Ned also seems to have gone ok. Plenty in the current side could play at VFL you would suspect....the AFL; well that is harder to judge.
Ps I'll tip the purple men this week. The trilogy must happen

MIO, thats what I said. Jok went up to AFL (drafted) and couldnt cut it. The rest of the team are up there but not AFL (sure some VFL good enough but choose not to ) which is a bonus for Skobs and a positive reflection on the Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back