Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
Good pick up by OMs.

I'm sure Bedford will be upset that as a Whitefriars boy he is choosing to play in Premier division rather than at his school's old boy side in Division 1.
😂 but yes, a very good player. I found Mr Coffield’s comments about travelling with his girlfriend interesting, looks like he may be planning a little sojourn or two in the mid year break. Depth will be key me thinks in 2022.

Uni Blues under Mr Martyn will start favourites, slightly ahead of the Red ‘N’ Blacks.

😂 but yes, a very good player. I found Mr Coffield’s comments about travelling with his girlfriend interesting, looks like he may be planning a little sojourn or two in the mid year break. Depth will be key me thinks in 2022.

Uni Blues under Mr Martyn will start favourites, slightly ahead of the Red ‘N’ Blacks.

Uni Lose will struggle once again in 2022 due to their abysmal depth.

If you rate Mr Martyn so highly then why did your mob throw him over the fence?

What a brilliant article on Master Overman today by the VAFA media team, great to see him continuing their great legacy at the Snowdogs.
Three cheers for the VAFA. Hip Hip, Hooray! Hip Hip, Hooray! Hip Hip, Hooray!

What a brilliant article on Master Overman today by the VAFA media team, great to see him continuing their great legacy at the Snowdogs.
It is a good story, why do I feel you aren't being sincere though?

Lovely story on the Overman family. It is quite similar to that of the Hibbins family at Collegians, Geoff (RIP) being our greatest player, his brother Lex (RIP) also playing in multiple premierships in the 1950s and 1960s alongisde Geoff. Then Lex's son Mark being a multiple premiership player, premiership coach, president and the first Jock Nelson Medallist too. These days, Sam (Mark's son) is our captain and a multiple best and fairest winner, hopefully Sam can taste senior premiership success like his father and grandfather.

I must admit MG as the first suspension of season ‘22 is a surprise. Mr Ford plays chess while young Gold plays checkers…carry on.

On the rumour mill is a WAFL champion heading to the Vafa for the love of the game.

45 /

In other news, I mentioned to a mate as to how quiet the VAFA off-season has been thus far. Is it that players are chasing coin in the country after a couple of COVID impacted years or is it something else?

I must admit MG as the first suspension of season ‘22 is a surprise. Mr Ford plays chess while young Gold plays checkers…carry on.

On the rumour mill is a WAFL champion heading to the Vafa for the love of the game.

45 /
Can we no longer refer to anyone as Mr

In other news, I mentioned to a mate as to how quiet the VAFA off-season has been thus far. Is it that players are chasing coin in the country after a couple of COVID impacted years or is it something else?
Just my view based on goings on at my club but I am hearing of a few retirements from players who might otherwise have gone around for another season or two. Not hearing much about players chasing coin in other comps but rather hanging them up as they are sick of a the grind of a 4-5 month pre-season only to play 11 games across 2 seasons. Despite our so called “freedoms” you would have to be a fool to think 2022 would be all smooth sailing so some natural reluctance to put themselves through this for a third time, especially for the tradies who can earn some $ working Saturday’s. I must admit my own level of interest has also seriously waned. Quite sad after decades spent playing and supporting VAFA footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my view based on goings on at my club but I am hearing of a few retirements from players who might otherwise have gone around for another season or two. Not hearing much about players chasing coin in other comps but rather hanging them up as they are sick of a the grind of a 4-5 month pre-season only to play 11 games across 2 seasons. Despite our so called “freedoms” you would have to be a fool to think 2022 would be all smooth sailing so some natural reluctance to put themselves through this for a third time, especially for the tradies who can earn some $ working Saturday’s. I must admit my own level of interest has also seriously waned. Quite sad after decades spent playing and supporting VAFA footy.

Agree with you on this Jimmyjack. My level of interest in AFL football has diminished significantly of late but I still love my club and the VAFA competition. I do agree that the general interest level in playing football seems to have really fallen off over the last few years and I don't blame blokes for waking up on Sunday morning with a few more dollars in their own pocket whilst not nursing injuries to their bodies that may impact their employment.

Agree with you on this Jimmyjack. My level of interest in AFL football has diminished significantly of late but I still love my club and the VAFA competition. I do agree that the general interest level in playing football seems to have really fallen off over the last few years and I don't blame blokes for waking up on Sunday morning with a few more dollars in their own pocket whilst not nursing injuries to their bodies that may impact their employment.
Do you mean Aussie Rules ?

I have lost a fair amount of interest in the AFL, that's what I meant.
I gave up my AFL membership two years ago. I feel they have lost touch with the grassroots supporters. They say you can go to any normal game which, you could, however; you ended up sitting at the very top level right at the back. When you looked around the ground you saw empty seats in levels one and two and you wonder, why can’t I go and sit there. I enjoy watching the footy of the EDFL and VAFA now over the AFL. I will watch a game of AFL on TV but don’t go to the grounds anymore.

VAFA > AFL.
You are a real part of the club. You help, you volunteer, you play, you know everyone. You are on the ground at 1/4 and 3/4 time huddling it up. You are in the rooms at half time and post game. You have a kick on the ground. You get decent food at decent prices. You crack a beer post game and chat to both sides. You celebrate and commiserate.
We are the best!

VAFA > AFL.
You are a real part of the club. You help, you volunteer, you play, you know everyone. You are on the ground at 1/4 and 3/4 time huddling it up. You are in the rooms at half time and post game. You have a kick on the ground. You get decent food at decent prices. You crack a beer post game and chat to both sides. You celebrate and commiserate.
We are the best!
Except when with have a bye with 9 and 11 teams

VAFA > AFL.
We are the best!

This echoes my sentiments in its entirety. Add to the fact the reserves play before the seniors and it is a sensational day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back