Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
Apparently accidental bump, ump briefly concussed, player onus will be interesting, you have no idea.

He came back later after being assessed and passing the appropriate concussion protocols. You don't "appear" and "milk" anything while being observed for suitability for Higher Things. That was a stupid and unworthy comment.

The highlight of the day for the boys in fluoro was me winning the aftermatch meat raffle in Umpires Appreciation Week. This Umpire Appreciates the kilos of top quality nosh from the Purples sponsor Peter Bouchier, the pork chops went down a treat for tea on Saturday night!
Lighten up Postie

My lions were simply just not good enough against a really good, well drilled and consistent Old Brighton outfit.

The highlight of the day for the boys in purple was the goal after the half time siren by Viv Michie, which capped off a terrific second term, however the remaining three quarters were dominated by Old Brighton.

The tonners are a terrific side headlined by Hill with able support all across the ground. Elliot Le Grice proved he is the best key defender in the competition by holding David Mirra to just one goal and little impact, although from my vantage point, Mirra was repeatedly held by his jumper by either his opponent or another player in the contest, however these free kicks went sight unseen by the umpires throughout the day.

Full credit to the tonners, they are an incredibly even side and their reserves smashed our reserves too.

Collegians will be looking forward to a trip across the Yarra River to Uni Oval to take on Blues next week. We have a good record of late against Blues away, so let's hope that streak continues, because we desperately need a win to keep in touch with the top 4 in what is shaping to be an incredibly even season this year.
Elliot this week and Conor a couple of weeks ago had the temerity to stand next to Mr Mirra. How dare they! You would shoot Bambi if he tried to spoil the best player in VAFA history.

Fielders to do it easy
Tonners to win if enough players are prepared to cross the Yarra
OMs in the old firm derby
SKOB to salute......blind loyalty
Blue's star power to get them over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbournians to win game Scotchies fights
UniAFL to defeat D Mirra at home
OB to do another number on young Bernies
XavsAFL at home (would love to see team sheets prior to tipping)
CaulfieldAFL just
Labor to a win majority in own right. Vic a rout

Last edited:
Old Melburnians will get the chocolates over Old Scotch at Elsternwick Park
I'm backing my Collegians boys get the 4 points at Uni Blues
Old Brighton should be too classy for the Snowdogs
SKOB will come from Toorak Park victorious over Old Xavs
Caulfield Grammarians to beat Old Trinity, however I'm not confident on this one and am tipping it could be the game of the round

Caulfield Grammarians to beat Old Trinity, however I'm not confident on this one and am tipping it could be the game of the round
I'll take those as well

That Old Brighton statement would have to be the understatement of the year, “should be too classy” 😆
OM’s will run rampant at the park. 50 pts plus win.
Blues, Mr Marto and Mr Crush will be buoyed by last weeks win. Collegians are on the slippery dip to purgatory, probably safe already from relegation, but they have zero depths. Blues by 30.
OB, Bernard’s in for a long year. OB by 80.
OX, need to win, SKOB don’t. These would be the two youngest teams to play each other in their VAFA time. OX getting players back, SKOB losing them, so OX by 30.
Caulfield to smash OT. Caulfield by 50.

Good luck to all teams, hopefully no injuries this weekend.

Last edited:
That Old Brighton statement would have to be the understatement of the year, “should be too classy” 😆
OM’s will run rampant at the park. 50 pts plus win.
Blues, Mr Marto and Mr Crush will be buoyed by last weeks win. Collegians are on the slippery dip to purgatory, probably safe already from relegation, but they have zero depths. Blues by 30.
OB, Bernard’s in for a long year. OB by 80.
OX, need to win, SKOB don’t. These would be the two youngest teams to play each other in their VAFA time. OX getting players back, SKOB losing them, so OX by 30.
Caulfield to smash OT. Caulfield by 50.

Good luck to all teams, hopefully no injuries this weekend.
OM
Blues
OB
OX
Caulfield

Melbournians to win game Scotchies fights
UniAFL to defeat D Mirra at home
OB to do another number on young Bernies
XavsAFL at home (would love to see team sheets prior to tipping)
CaulfieldAFL just
Labor to a win majority in own right. Vic a rout
5/6 tips. A good night for the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back