Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:

No Coach is on safe ground (irrespective of contracts) at OXAFL, ever since they had a Coach win an A Grade GF one year and before the next season started, they sacked him
You forgot to mention they have now sacked him as runner as well!

Braahton 1 pointers
Xavs in a cricket score
SKOBAFL
UniAFL
Melbournians
OB by several goals
OX in a tighter contest than many here are predicting.
SKOB, coached by a man who may turn out a better coach than player.
Collegians, UB can’t score without Grimley.
OM’s, who need to pull their fingers out big time.

Mr Platinum. I still back in Xav Richards and Stavrou on their day, as well as young Mr Hams and Mr Robinson. However I do say my faith has waned and was basically non-existent unless it was forced upon me during my schooling days (excuse the pun). Other than when I pray to the footy gods. That being said I have the utmost respect for SKOBAFL and their program. The school itself makes me, sick. Looking forward to the back and forth over the coming weeks.
It’s a worry when Mr Bedford likes every single one of your posts, whilst the SKC school comment is immature at best 👎🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what happened in the OT vs Xavs match? Seems to have stopped in the 2nd quarter. Perhaps an injury? Hope no one was seriously injured.

A great win by the lions led handsomely by David Mirra.

Also, just a side note, it was funny that at half time with a two goal lead, several Uni Blues players were calling Mirra "washed up". 5 goals for the game and 3 in the last including the go ahead goal, isn't bad for a washed up bloke I might add!

In one perplexing move it seemed as though Mirra was destroying his opponent in the last quarter 1v1 but it wasn't until his third goal that Cam O'Shea was sent to double team him. Add to that the fact Ayce was in the goal square in the last quarter for a good 10 minutes when Blues were being monstered in the middle, it seemed a strange coaching ploy.

Full credit to Blues, they had a fair crack and were the best side for 2 and a half quarters but Collegians found another gear in the last quarter as good sides tend to do.

What’s the go with games that are called off? Does OXAFL get the win or are the points split 2 each?
If the game was stopped before half time then they split the points. If it was stopped at or after half time the scores stand.
Bernards gave OM's a mighty scare by hitting the lead a minute before lightning paused the game late on the third quarter

Anyone know what happened in the OT vs Xavs match? Seems to have stopped in the 2nd quarter. Perhaps an injury? Hope no one was seriously injured.
Interesting if it was before half time. Means it affects both xavs and trinity in a big way. T boys would be two points ahead of Uni and Xavs would be a game and a half out of the 4 now. Ladder seems to say OXAFL won

Interesting if it was before half time. Means it affects both xavs and trinity in a big way. T boys would be two points ahead of Uni and Xavs would be a game and a half out of the 4 now. Ladder seems to say OXAFL won
It was called off during the half time break. VAFA rules stand and the game is awarded to who is in front at the point that the game is called (as long as at least 2 quarters have been played).

Time to take another look at the standings and the run home to see who will finish in what spots, and who misses out. Assuming that STK finish on top: -

Current Ladder and the run home
2. Old Melburnians (11W, 5L, 44 pts, 118.11%) -> OX (EP), OB (A)
3. Old Brighton (11, 5, 44 pts, 117.30%) -> STK (A), OM (H)
4. Collegians (11, 5, 44 pts, 110.04%) -> STB (H), OT (A)
-----------------------------------------------
5. Old Xaverians (10, 6, 40 pts, 141.00%) -> OM (EP), UB (H)

I have Collegians finishing second at the end of Round 18, as they play the two bottom sides in the last two rounds, whereas the others all play each other at least once. OM's could fall from second to fifth as soon as this Saturday night depending on margins.

Time to take another look at the standings and the run home to see who will finish in what spots, and who misses out. Assuming that STK finish on top: -

I have Collegians finishing second at the end of Round 18, as they play the two bottom sides in the last two rounds, whereas the others all play each other at least once. OM's could fall from second to fifth as soon as this Saturday night depending on margins.
You should have seen the look on the faces of the Uni B folk after the final siren, having just gone down by 1 point. The genius of Michelangelo could not have painted a more beautiful picture..............

If your predictor proves correct Wesley will be coming into a final on 10 game streak with a 1 point win over Blues and then playing two bottom sides.

You should have seen the look on the faces of the Uni B folk after the final siren, having just gone down by 1 point. The genius of Michelangelo could not have painted a more beautiful picture..............
It was a sight to behold, especially after all the rubbish they said about Mirra.

He came back to bite them on the backside when it mattered most.

Don't get the Schadenfreude-ism here. You "entitled" peeps won have some grace.

Where were you when Xavs were found guilty of an offence of a like nature and given a get-out-of-jail-free card? Blues copped a severe penalty for their transgression.

As for the other matters such as the so-called RMIT connection, that doesn't sit comfortably with me but it was ticked off by the VAFA as I understand it. The "entitled" schools have been using their advantages since Mr. Briza opened his first BF account.

Get over it!

Incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back