A Section Premier Section 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the one where the brawl spilt into the crowd last weekend?
That was the EDFL and not the EFL (or Div 3 Prelim VAFA where a spectator coward punched a player). Dickheads in ALL comps I'd suggest.

Also massive crowd Saturday and Sunday at NFNL.... but let's not start a p#ssing contest over tribal things and focus on the good footy being played across several competitions at this time of year.

Chump 🏆

That was the EDFL and not the EFL (or Div 3 Prelim VAFA where a spectator coward punched a player). Dickheads in ALL comps I'd suggest.

Also massive crowd Saturday and Sunday at NFNL.... but let's not start a p#ssing contest over tribal things and focus on the good footy being played across several competitions at this time of year.

Chump 🏆
Ok. So there is an EFL and EDFL.
Where is EBFL and ECFL?

Chump 🏆
The dickhead in the Div 3 VAFA game is a well known s**t Footy League player, just as an FYI.

The dickhead in the Div 3 VAFA game is a well known s**t Footy League player, just as an FYI.
Apparently so and I hope he is fully charged and penalised as there is no place for such thuggery in society let alone sporting events. But I was just saying that there are plenty of dickheads in all comps - and I have seen plenty over the journey - at all levels.

Chump 🏆

Apparently so and I hope he is fully charged and penalised as there is no place for such thuggery in society let alone sporting events. But I was just saying that there are plenty of dickheads in all comps - and I have seen plenty over the journey - at all levels.

Chump 🏆
I thought this was the A Grade site? Can we leave Div 3 etc... to Div 3...and beyond.

An absolute picture, staggeringly good. Credit where credit is due....If only the wind can benign on game day.
Correct Flat Footy, HQ is in tip top condition with a great forecast this weekend. Hopefully with the lovely weather forecast there is a healthy sized crowd at all grand finals over this weekend.

Doesn’t mean it’s any good, Rowville, the premier in the eastern league, had their pants pulled down in their last praccy match of the preseason, where they claimed to be full strength.
Having played in both comps, you’re having an absolute laugh if you think GF day at ammo level rivals any local comp for atmosphere. It simply doesn’t. And to think Vermont or Rowville wouldn’t be at the pointy end is absurdity.

Having played in both comps, you’re having an absolute laugh if you think GF day at ammo level rivals any local comp for atmosphere. It simply doesn’t. And to think Vermont or Rowville wouldn’t be at the pointy end is absurdity.
For atmosphere it won't, but for actual footy, Premier is a tier above the other suburban comps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For atmosphere it won't, but for actual footy, Premier is a tier above the other suburban comps.

Similar to the warrior I will back him in on that. Premier gf in efl 2019 was massive - blacky and Vermont. 2 rivals separated by about 3 k. As for better footy that’s subjective and can depend - the old argument of having the best side (or best rep side) of each comp play one another. Ammo players would love playing on big decks like baysie and Ringwood but the tight footy at balwyn Vermont and Blackburn to name a few is a different thing altogether

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Similar to the warrior I will back him in on that. Premier gf in efl 2019 was massive - blacky and Vermont. 2 rivals separated by about 3 k. As for better footy that’s subjective and can depend - the old argument of having the best side (or best rep side) of each comp play one another. Ammo players would love playing on big decks like baysie and Ringwood but the tight footy at balwyn Vermont and Blackburn to name a few is a different thing altogether

The guys we have picked up from Vermont (a few) commented on how nuch bigger some of the Ammo grounds were,
compared to what they were used to.

The guys we have picked up from Vermont (a few) commented on how nuch bigger some of the Ammo grounds were,
compared to what they were used to.
This is a good point FF, but Vermont's ground in particular is a lot smaller than the Trott and most VAFA grounds, especially the schools grounds at Bulleen Road (Old Trinity and Old Carey). Uni is quite a large ground, as is Elsternwick, but then you get the old VFA ground at Camberwell which isn't very big at all, and Toorak Park is also a decent size ground too.

In terms of the difference in the standard of footy, I think the high levels of the EFL premier and VAFA premier competition are very similar, but I think we all know that the Eastern leagues get a far bigger attendance at their finals and grand finals. I saw some footage of the EFL second division grand final a couple of weeks ago, which was the same day when Collegians played Uni Blues and the crowd was literally six deep around most of the ground, let's not kid ourselves, that doesn't happen in the VAFA at all, even on grand final day.

It's subjective but the only measure I can reference was the 3 meetings between the VAFA and EFL in the old Vic metro championships. VAFA won all 3 encounters. One was close but the other the other 2 resulted in comfortable wins. Admittedly this was a few years back but I would suggest that Premier VAFA is stronger now than ever before. While practice game results are not always the best measure, VAFA clubs generally seem to come out on top in matches played between the two competitions. In a season where my club finished mid table in A grade, we flogged an EFL powerhouse in a practice game. They did not kick a goal until the 3rd quarter. In the post game opposition players and officials remarked that they seriously underestimated how good the VAFA was.

But for crowd size, atmosphere and general interest the EFL win that hands down. It’s a very good comp with substantial community support.

Last edited:
Let’s get this thread back on track, Sunday will be a cracker. Here’s a little reminder of last years protagonists and how quickly things can change, for some.

You need to take your chance, there’s no guarantees you’ll be back next year.

Attachments

• IMG_4648.jpeg
    IMG_4648.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 62
Let’s get this thread back on track, Sunday will be a cracker. Here’s a little reminder of last years protagonists and how quickly things can change, for some.

You need to take your chance, there’s no guarantees you’ll be back next year.

Attachments

• IMG_4649.jpeg
    IMG_4649.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 60
I am looking forward to Sunday when Collegians and SKOB fight for the LA Adamson Cup once again like we did in 2017 and 2018. This time, unlike the other two occasions, I hope we are on the winning side when the final siren sounds for VAFA football in 2023. It will be a cracking day for football with

My tip is Collegians will have too much scoring power and win by 13 points with Viv Michie to win the Jock Nelson Medal.

I am looking forward to Sunday when Collegians and SKOB fight for the LA Adamson Cup once again like we did in 2017 and 2018. This time, unlike the other two occasions, I hope we are on the winning side when the final siren sounds for VAFA football in 2023. It will be a cracking day for football with

My tip is Collegians will have too much scoring power and win by 13 points with Viv Michie to win the Jock Nelson Medal.
You’re more and more like Jascave every day.

In other unsurprising news, Donuts has given OB the lemon and sarse and headed back to OX.

You’re more and more like Jascave every day.

In other unsurprising news, Donuts has given OB the lemon and sarse and headed back to OX.
Good luck trusting that bloke. Hope xavs make finals otherwise he will leave again. Wondered why he had been at a few clubs

Braahton 1 pointers to win at Como, stay in their city apartments for the weekend and mad Monday but lose Donati back to OX in 2024
Melbournians to bolster their percentage
WesleyAFL/MiraAFL to defeat ScotchiesVFL at home
Blacks to defeat BLuesAFL as they have 45 player points vs 44 player points 😂
SKOBAFL by one point at The King
Don’t want to say I told you so but this was in place a month ago. OX mafia

Disgruntled Braahton supporter I suggest!?
Nope Hampton Rover who also has lots of mates at old Brighton. Can tell you while the offer may have been too good. There's a way to handle yourself especially after the way he preached this year but good luck to him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back