A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who plays league football is an AFL player, let’s not belittle them.
Agree and I reckon the Bombers were a bit quick to give him the lemonade. With the benefit of another AFL pre-season and I think he might have developed into a solid AFL player. Had some real X-Factor.

Is there a whisper that Hawthorn are looking at Ethan Phillips? Surely if he was going to get picked up it would have been after a dominant 2022 season. Was widely touted to be given at least a rookie contract last year but I thought interest had cooled on the back of a more modest 2023

Last edited:
Agree and I reckon the Bombers were a bit quick to give him the lemonade. With the benefit of another AFL pre-season and I think he might have developed into a solid AFL player. Had some real X-Factor.

Is there a whisper that Hawthorn are looking at Ethan Phillips? Surely if he was going to get picked up it would have been after a dominant 2022 season. Was widely touted to be given at least a rookie contract last year but I thought interest had cooled on the back of a more modest 2023.
Left Port Melbourne as he didn't see eye to eye with the coach. His old man got involved in a heated altercation with their footy manager too. Was obvious he was going to go to Box Hill all along to play VFL in 2024.

Well, it will be good to see Lachie Sullivan in an AFL system full time snd on the list, it’s about time he got some recognition to play at the highest level. He will only keep improving in my view.

Soffa is a bit stiff in my view, but I think it showed he is more than good enough at that level to compete and play well.

As Mr Platinum said; the two sides in 2017 and 2018 that Collegians and SKOB put out on the park had some genuine stars. I don’t think we will ever see two sides compete at VAFA level with that much talent on the park.

Bring on season 2024. I’m sure all the clubs are training the house down etc.

Well, it will be good to see Lachie Sullivan in an AFL system full time snd on the list, it’s about time he got some recognition to play at the highest level. He will only keep improving in my view.

Soffa is a bit stiff in my view, but I think it showed he is more than good enough at that level to compete and play well.

As Mr Platinum said; the two sides in 2017 and 2018 that Collegians and SKOB put out on the park had some genuine stars. I don’t think we will ever see two sides compete at VAFA level with that much talent on the park.

Bring on season 2024. I’m sure all the clubs are training the house down etc.
Just my view but as an independent I would rate the quality on show during the 2019 season as the best I have seen and by some margin. The premiers that year (Uni Blues) had something like 11 players with AFL experience. They comfortably accounted for a very good SKOB side in the decider. Would have won it any other year with that squad. Xavs also unbelievably strong that year, could not even make the GF. Ridiculous amount of talent running around in Premier that season.

We (DLS) got relegated that year and were not substantially different to the 2017 team that played finals. We were not terrible and won maybe 6 games but it was the only season across that 14-year ‘A’ grade stint that we looked uncompetitive against the very best teams.

Just my view but as an independent I would rate the quality on show during the 2019 season as the best I have seen and by some margin. The premiers that year (Uni Blues) had something like 11 players with AFL experience. They comfortably accounted for a very good SKOB side in the decider. Would have won it any other year with that squad. Xavs also unbelievably strong that year, could not even make the GF. Ridiculous amount of talent running around in Premier that season.

We (DLS) got relegated that year and were not substantially different to the 2017 team that played finals. We were not terrible and won maybe 6 games but it was the only season across that 14-year ‘A’ grade stint that we looked uncompetitive against the very best teams.

Good post JJ...Yes, it is easy to forget how good some teams were....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, so many quality kids that get overlooked in the drafts and they're not garunteed a spot at VFL level...perfect chance to sell them playing VAFA as opposed to cashing in at local.
In today's current economical market, who can blame anyone for '' cashing in '' as you suggest in Local Footy. It is a pure individual choice, not a given that you have to, or be better off playing in the VAFA .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back