A Section Premier Section 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

SKOB have played two praccy matches, lost to North Melbourne VFL by four goals and defeated Rochester by a fair margin.

Funnily enough, the best player for North Melbourne was a SKOB boy 👦

I don’t think much can be taken from either game when it comes to our competition, to be honest.
Would have been better off playing either Wangaratta team or Albury if they were going up that way. But gotta take what you can get. Would've liked them play a noble park or balwyn to see how they stack up against EFNL opposition, if they havent already

Would have been better off playing either Wangaratta team or Albury if they were going up that way. But gotta take what you can get. Would've liked them play a noble park or balwyn to see how they stack up against EFNL opposition, if they havent already
Not necessary, they played Rowville last year and won comfortably, Rowville won the flag, SKOB got smashed in the GF. The VFL hit out was pretty good as well.

Rochester is pre-season camp sort of setup, the game is a bonus.

All just getting ready for a long season.

Not necessary, they played Rowville last year and won comfortably, Rowville won the flag, SKOB got smashed in the GF. The VFL hit out was pretty good as well.

Rochester is pre-season camp sort of setup, the game is a bonus.

All just getting ready for a long season.
It will be a very very long season this year.

St Bernards beat an undermanned Collegians.

Practice games are just that, scratch matches.
I can’t comment on collegians but they seemed to have most key players playing. St Bernard’s were very undermanned with over 10 players out from their premiership team last season replaced with reserves/u19s. It Was a great hitout by St B with 9 goals to 1 in the opening term.Will be interesting to see how St B go this year being one of the youngest teams to win a premiership last season. Collegians definitely showed their class at times and coming off a premiership, practice matches would be a very hard motive.
Practice games are just that, scratch matches.

I can’t comment on collegians but they seemed to have most key players playing. St Bernard’s were very undermanned with over 10 players out from their premiership team last season replaced with reserves/u19s. It Was a great hitout by St B with 9 goals to 1 in the opening term.Will be interesting to see how St B go this year being one of the youngest teams to win a premiership last season. Collegians definitely showed their class at times and coming off a premiership, practice matches would be a very hard motive.
I heard Collegians basically played a reserves team yesterday, and we all know their ressies are pretty average.

They looked pretty strong to me, their coach said as much when he baked them 8 goals down at 1/4 time
It wasn’t a Ressies team but like most other teams at this time of year they have a fair few yet to come back over the coming weeks.
St Bernard’s looked handy enough.
Would be surprised if they got caught up in a relegation battle later in the season.
The small number 2 ground it was played on meant for more contested rather than expansive footy as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

STOP THE PRESSES!!! Skobs have got a gun forward from the WAFL. a good size, multiple goal kicker, the "full monty"
Signed, sealed and delivered........so they thought. Until OX got him a teaching job...Are Skobs going off their nut!!!
Absolutely spewing...Be worth standing on the boundary line this sat at TH King...wont be a game for weak hearts and thats just the Lunch......

STOP THE PRESSES!!! Skobs have got a gun forward from the WAFL. a good size, multiple goal kicker, the "full monty"
Signed, sealed and delivered........so they thought. Until OX got him a teaching job...Are Skobs going off their nut!!!
Absolutely spewing...Be worth standing on the boundary line this sat at TH King...wont be a game for weak hearts and thats just the Lunch......
Two XXXXAFL recruits for the price of one!
This is the content I am here for. Good thing A Lynch not playing Coach

XAFL will be happy to have another signing.

Not sure if we have a tipping comp this year, but just in case:

Old Melburnians v Collegians - OM's appear to have recruited well and there is some mail they are confident going into this season. Collegians have lost some pretty important players but were a long way in front of OM's last year. Sticking with the home team just.
St Bernards v Fitzroy - The Dogs are back and while they may be young, they are bloody good and will get this done.
SKOBS v Old Xavs - Based on above posts this could be a ripper. Sticking with SKOBS here.
Uni Blacks v Old Scotch - Haven't heard much from either but will go the Cardinals based on last year's form.
Old Brighton v Uni Blues - Heart say OB, head says UB. I sticking with heart.

Not sure if we have a tipping comp this year, but just in case:

Old Melburnians v Collegians - OM's appear to have recruited well and there is some mail they are confident going into this season. Collegians have lost some pretty important players but were a long way in front of OM's last year. Sticking with the home team just.
St Bernards v Fitzroy - The Dogs are back and while they may be young, they are bloody good and will get this done.
SKOBS v Old Xavs - Based on above posts this could be a ripper. Sticking with SKOBS here.
Uni Blacks v Old Scotch - Haven't heard much from either but will go the Cardinals based on last year's form.
Old Brighton v Uni Blues - Heart say OB, head says UB. I sticking with heart.

Colls over OMs. Colls lost a couple, picked up a couple. OMs loaded up. Sticking to the Premiers. Be very close.
St Berns over Fitzroy. Going to be a tough year for the "Roys"..
SKOBS over Xavs. Should be plenty of heat here.Both teams have a point to prove. Toss the coin.
Old Scotch over Uni Blacks. OS havelost some but not enough to lose this one.
Uni Blues over Old Brighton. Uni Loaded up big time, as per usual. Should be too polished, OB at home, but Uni for me.

Colls over OMs. Colls lost a couple, picked up a couple. OMs loaded up. Sticking to the Premiers. Be very close.
St Berns over Fitzroy. Going to be a tough year for the "Roys"..
SKOBS over Xavs. Should be plenty of heat here.Both teams have a point to prove. Toss the coin.
Old Scotch over Uni Blacks. OS havelost some but not enough to lose this one.
Uni Blues over Old Brighton. Uni Loaded up big time, as per usual. Should be too polished, OB at home, but Uni for me.
Coll
Snowdogs
OX
BLacks
Blues

CollegiansAFL - don’t buy OMs

Snowdogs at Snakepit 🐍

XavsWAFL - holy trinity. Messiah is coach and have snatched the greatest two off season recruits from under the nose of arch enemy

UniBlacks- bit of rain this week. The Main will be its usual bog heap by 2pm Saturday

Braahton one pointers over BluesAFL - No Ayce no Blues

Round 1, always hard to pick most of the games: -

Colls to beat OMs.
St Berns to beat Fitzroy.
SKOBS to beat Xavs.
Old Scotch to beat Uni Blacks.
Uni Blues to beat Old Brighton.

Ben Cousins to pull on the boots for Xavs this weekend! Unsure of which team he'll line up for but I'd say the 2s, although would love to see a 45 year old cousins up against some of local footy's best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back