Premiers '06

Remove this Banner Ad

Alexis Logan said:
Hey Guys.

Whilst Im not a Collingwood fan, I believe that the Magpies will win the Premiership this year. Yes its a massive call to make at such a tender stage of the season, however Collingwood have the components of a successful side. Being a Melbourne base team it does give you an advantage as you do not have to travel as much.

However Im of the opinon (and a rather early one) that Collingwood will go all the way in season 2006 and deservedly be premiers. Best of luck next week.

Alexis Logan

While I would like to agree and say we are going to win it, I have my doubts, and we haven't beaten anyone we had our first test for 2006 against Adelaide and fell short, we didn't play the full game. If we can beat West Coast, and at the end of the home and away season and finished in the Top 4 then I think we will have a chance.

I am going to keep a lid on it until Round 22 and then go from there, I do hope we win, but I am a little worried about that.

Good luck to your team, Alexis, the best team will win the game, and I hope in the end it is Collingwood.

Alexis Logan said:
You tool! Im a WC supporter, and Im telling you now the Eagles will loose to the Pies. And Syndey wont even make the finals. Im being deadly serious when I say this, Collingwood are the team to beat in 2006. Adelaide, meh WC even beat them at AAMI.
Got your Collingwood membership yet?:mad:

Lonie_from_50 said:
KEEP A LID ON IT...A tough month coming up...will decide where we are!

BINGO!!!!! next 4 games will tell us where we are! If we go 9-1 after 10 rounds well then we are flag material. I would suppose any loss would come mabye against St Kilda, other than that we can beat West Coast in perth, bulldogs and Geelong. Dont know the 4th game....:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Firstly, to collingwood fans - your team is playing good footy and you have a very good forward structure - but it is too early to say whether you or for that matter any team is a chance for premiership. Just remember a couple of injuries to key players and Magpies will start to struggle. There are many good teams in the comp @ moment - Adeleaid, WCE, Doggies, Geelong, Magpies, StKilda - any one could win depending on injuries and home ground advantage. No offence to you guys but I don't see you winning in Subi, the same way I don't see us winning against you guys here in Melbourne. Good luck though

Secondly, to Alex - mate you are an absolute tool to bag the team you support. We all know, we are a couple of forwards short of winning the biggest prize - even during the trading time there was no forwards in the market for us to get. What Woosha is doing is grooming a forward & thats why players like Jamie Graham, Staker, Lynchy, McDougall, Hansen & Wirra, Hunter etc are made to play forward. This never allows the opposition to know who will be playing where and is harder to match up on. Regarding saying that WCE are crap why don't you go & support Dockers. Finally, a piece of advice - just shut up if you are not happy with your team rather than bagging them

I have no idea who will win the flag this year but I do know that, on talent, if Sydney can do it we can. At this stage you would have to favour the greater talent of West Coast on the ball or St. Kilda over the whole ground or Adelaide in the coach's box.

Mind you, Mr Malthouse was on SEN this morning and a caller (a paid up collingwood supporter / member) asked mick for his permission to allow him to "completely blow the lids off" if they win this weekend.

It was bloody funny, Mick had a laugh and he told him he can do whatever he wants.

Tomorrow night, the Pies will undoubtably futher prove there excellance in season 2006. My mob will be in for a real wake up call. Best of luck

Alexis Logan said:
Should the Pies debut Bryan Straun next week?
Who??? and why..... sorry Logan but without Tazza didn't we just have a lazy 4 goal defeat of our hoo doo rivals.... without Thomas... without Pebbles having much of a touch .... with more than a few skill errors and against old rivals that have been in good form the last two matches... and lets face it... Johnathon Brown is as good as anyone .. including that bloke from west coast whose name escapes me... yeah ok ... ok.. Judd something or rather.... I think the picture is painted..... so who is Straun????????????????????????????

goalseeker said:
Who??? and why..... sorry Logan but without Tazza didn't we just have a lazy 4 goal defeat of our hoo doo rivals.... without Thomas... without Pebbles having much of a touch .... with more than a few skill errors and against old rivals that have been in good form the last two matches... and lets face it... Johnathon Brown is as good as anyone .. including that bloke from west coast whose name escapes me... yeah ok ... ok.. Judd something or rather.... I think the picture is painted..... so who is Straun????????????????????????????

I take it you don't watch the footy show. Strauny AKA Peter Helier (spelling?) is just a character on the show... Alexis just forgot to add the [sarcasm] tags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HotPies! said:
I take it you don't watch the footy show. Strauny AKA Peter Helier (spelling?) is just a character on the show... Alexis just forgot to add the [sarcasm] tags.

Ooopss.... hehe.. just climbing down off my high horse feeling slightly embarassed :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back