Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he didn't... lol.

Look at the still frame. He hit him above the knee and also didn't slide in. A simple still frame/screenshot proves the umpires were right and Sydney fans are a pack of deluded sooks.

And every commentator who just assumed it was wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all the Preview, Game Day and Review threads for all the finals bookmarked into a separate folder. Including the What would you do if we won the flag? thread. A few people have reneged on promises! :D

I was supposed to get a tattoo of a Bulldog and also a C for Cubs over my heart when the teams won. I'm too askeered now to get them with my health being what it is. :(

I have never been this gutted about not playing in finals. I was very upset about missing out in 2005, but that is nothing compared to the way I have been feeling for the past three weeks.

Every day I think about this time last year and how much euphoria I experienced as we won each final, and the level of excitement got bigger and greater as the weeks went by. Thinking back about how awesome those feelings were makes me more and more upset about not getting a chance to defend our flag.

I have never been this gutted about not playing in finals. I was very upset about missing out in 2005, but that is nothing compared to the way I have been feeling for the past three weeks.

Every day I think about this time last year and how much euphoria I experienced as we won each final, and the level of excitement got bigger and greater as the weeks went by. Thinking back about how awesome those feelings were makes me more and more upset about not getting a chance to defend our flag.
Also very annoying that 3 of our finals opponents are up there again this year.

As soon as any dimwit in the media suggests something like it being a fluke or it was because of the bye the it grows legs and every other dimwit throws in their "twopenneth". Anybody watching our 4 finals games without prejudice will know it wasn't and we well deserved it. Bevo tried to go with a less taxing game plan this year and hopefully win enough games to make finals (but injuries put paid to that) and then for September we would have seen a return of the "Men of Mayhem".

This whole bye thing is sour grapes and petty whinging.
The only disadvantage one could talk about is to the teams that win straight through to the prelims. So it's to two teams, in prelim week. What was their original advantage? That they had a weeks rest? The jury was always out on this with the debate between a week off being beneficial or does it leave a team rusty? So there never really was an advantage. Now I can understand there to be a perceived disadvantage because the teams have had 1 week off, 1 week on then another week off. I get that, but really it's outweighed:
Firstly the whole season is a disadvantage to certain teams because of the current 22 game fixture.
Secondly, if you're good enough you'll win straight through to the grand final anyway.
Thirdly, the top 4 teams DO have a significant advantage. It's called a double chance.
Fourthly the top 2 teams, who should be going through to the prelims, have extra advantage in they will always have home ground advantage.

It's kind of ridiculous this complaining

Anyway don't want to derail this magnificent thread.

We were unbelievable and we have a lot of the footy community envious of our efforts. One of the greatest finals performances ever.

This whole bye thing is sour grapes and petty whinging.
The only disadvantage one could talk about is to the teams that win straight through to the prelims. So it's to two teams, in prelim week. What was their original advantage? That they had a weeks rest? The jury was always out on this with the debate between a week off being beneficial or does it leave a team rusty? So there never really was an advantage. Now I can understand there to be a perceived disadvantage because the teams have had 1 week off, 1 week on then another week off. I get that, but really it's outweighed:
Firstly the whole season is a disadvantage to certain teams because of the current 22 game fixture.
Secondly, if you're good enough you'll win straight through to the grand final anyway.
Thirdly, the top 4 teams DO have a significant advantage. It's called a double chance.
Fourthly the top 2 teams, who should be going through to the prelims, have extra advantage in they will always have home ground advantage.

It's kind of ridiculous this complaining
No, you're absolutely right.

Sydney, who were the top of the table side, played at home to Geelong, who don't have a great record in finals since 2011. This result should not have been a surprise to anyone.

Our result was a bit of a surprise, I dont think anyone can argue that, but the fact that we'd "surprised" the previous 2 weeks and then "surprised" again in the GF goes to show that we were actually just the best side in September. We just timed our run to perfection, pure and simple. The extra week off talk is just pure bullshit and searching for excuses.

I fear that Sydney will win it all this year, which will diminish our accomplishment, and lend further credence to this bye week bullshit debate.

Adelaide lost the last 2 games of the season. Will the bye week "help them reset" and "turn back their losing momentum" if they win it all?

This finals series will be very interesting to see what sort of narrative is pulled from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott was actually very complimentary on 360 last night about our finals series last year, was definitely not of the belief it was a fluke.

Never thought I'd hear him say that.
Link?

I actually don't mind him on 360. Says a lot of good things and seems a bit more balanced than his brother.

No, you're absolutely right.

Sydney, who were the top of the table side, played at home to Geelong, who don't have a great record in finals since 2011. This result should not have been a surprise to anyone.

Our result was a bit of a surprise, I dont think anyone can argue that, but the fact that we'd "surprised" the previous 2 weeks and then "surprised" again in the GF goes to show that we were actually just the best side in September. We just timed our run to perfection, pure and simple. The extra week off talk is just pure bullshit and searching for excuses.

I fear that Sydney will win it all this year, which will diminish our accomplishment, and lend further credence to this bye week bullshit debate.

Adelaide lost the last 2 games of the season. Will the bye week "help them reset" and "turn back their losing momentum" if they win it all?

This finals series will be very interesting to see what sort of narrative is pulled from it.
Adelaide vs Geelong Grand Final.

If Adelaide win week one which is pretty likely considering what happened last time these sides played at AO it'll mean Sydney will have to run into Adelaide in Adelaide in the PF. Can't see Sydney beating Adelaide in Adelaide twice within two months.

Listening to Carey talking to Dumb and Dumber (JB & Billy) about pressure on the star players to perform in finals made me think of the reason we won last year. We didn't rely on a star to win the games. It truly was team, probably the most team oriented premiership in my memory. Every week we had a different set of top 3 players, every week a different BOG, often hotly debated. When names like Caleb Daniel, Clay Smith, Tory Dickson, Liam Picken, Joel Hamling, Tom Boyd are the reason you win finals you know we lifted beyond levels anyone expected. I noted on Preliminary Final weekend that you only had to compare Dangerwood's 70 touches for no impact on Geelongs chances against Sydney vs our spread of 20 possession games by every midfielder in our side to realise we were the epitome of a champion team beating a team of champions. A fluke would be doing it once. Doing it four weeks in a row is an unbelievable performance fully deserved by a team that couldn't be matched by the Buddys, Cyrils, Josh Kennedys and "insert Plastic Top 10 draft pick heres" of those who faced us relying on individual brilliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And apparently we were 'lucky'. Our finals record was twice as good as any other side. We won all our games bar the Preliminary final rather comfortably - Yes, I know the GF was close until the last 5 minutes, but we dominated most of the game. We kick straight in the third quarter and we win by 35-40 points.

hey guys, i'm trying to chase down the ABC Grandstand audio of the 2016 grand final, any one have it?

I have the DVD with the 7, 3AW, MMM & SEN coverage, but was keen to get the ABC coverage too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back