Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

bark on you crazy bulldogs

Glad to hear that the premiership has had a positive influence on your life. Many of us share similar stories with grief and loss, but we all share one thing in common - the love for this club of ours.

Bit long...

I'm 27 in a couple of weeks.
Grew up in Melbourne went to private school (was s**t) studied industrial design https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_design. That was great met heaps of cool people. In 3rd year I started drinking in the morning, I was living in a sweet sharehouse in West Melbourne, party house, smoking cones all day etc. but was still pretty happy. Once the booze got me I was drinking first thing in the morning. This would have been mid 2011. I dropped out of uni and just drank and smoked all my savings for about 8 months then had to move home.

Being back home didn't change anything, I was drinking all day, first thing in the morning til pass out at night. Got my system down pretty well money wise. Aldi has $9 goon sacks and thats 4l at about 10% and smoked rollies $10 a day so for $20 a day I could drink and smoke all day.

My mate got me a job at Travel Money OZ basically sat in a booth changing money. I coped at the start by giving my self an hour or so in the morning to get as much booze as possible into myself to make it until lunchtime then go to the bar smash 2 scotch and cokes then that'd be ok(ish) until I finished. Very high functioning alco. My boss was pretty chill and I was good at my job so once I was accepted I started filling a Sprite bottle with goon and drinking on the job. Lost that job about 2 years ago and then back to drinking my savings away. So it got to the point where I was drinking at least 4l of wine a day (https://www.aldi.com.au/en/grocerie...ps/p/albertsons-reserve-crisp-dry-white-cask/ best tasting and cheapest) plus anything else I could get my hands on - red wine (I hate red), 20 y/o shitty port with bits of mouldy cork in it, at parties beers with butts in 'em I'd still drink it, anything. I'd wake up after 6 hours sleep with the shakes, couldn't go anywhere for more than 2 hours unless I knew I could get booze. I never drove which was a pretty responsible thing in retrospect.

In June I'd had enough, I was really sick. Didn't go to the doctor much but I was starting to lose weight (5'9 57kg) couldn't remember what I'd eaten for dinner the night before. It was awful. I didn't really have an epiphany or moment of clarity or anything but I knew I was done so I went for a 10 day detox.

Alcohol withdrawals are f''ek, that pretty much sums it up. They just gave me handfuls of valiums so I can't remember that much of it. 320mg a day was the most from about 2nd-5th day but did it and I haven't had a drink since.

Now all I had was the Dogs. I've got good family and friends but no job, no money, no girlfriend, depressed about wasting so much. The only game in Melbourne I've not gone to in the last 5 years was the Cats game when I was in detox. I LOVE the Bullies.

Earlier in the year we were playing some seriously good footy, A.B. (after Beveridge is what we should call this era, A.B.) our best has been as good as anyone's. We all know the story but I thought after the second Cats game that we were pretty much done.

We won the flag. I was there. That night I got home to everyone and their sister's mate's cat congratulating me. Texts from Gothenberg, London, Osaka, people I haven't seen for years (many due to me being a wino). I was standing outside looking at the stars and something changed me forever. I have felt like myself, like I have an identity. I didn't believe I deserved good things in life until that night. The world makes sense.

Since that day I've reclaimed my life. I start a job cabinet-making on monday, thinking about moving out, getting a tatt on saturday, thinking of giving tinder a go (haven't had a root in years). I don't think it's an understatement to say the Western Bulldogs FC 2016 GF has changed my life.

View attachment 299985

I drank hundreds of liters of booze out of this cup, this is my premiership cup.

bark on you crazy bulldogs

That's some moving stuff. Took balls to share. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grandfather was dead at 26, completely addicted and gone. His addiction has turned up in parts of our family's lives, I do not touch alcohol as I cannot trust myself.

Man a great effort to turn your life around, good luck and never let your guard down.

My grandfather was dead at 26, completely addicted and gone. His addiction has turned up in parts of our family's lives, I do not touch alcohol as I cannot trust myself.

Man a great effort to turn your life around, good luck and never let your guard down.

Put's things in perspective, could've been in jail, robbed while passed out, got the s**t beat out of me and healthwise I'm suprisingly good. Liver's pretty tough and I've put on 10kg since detox so life is gooooooood.

just watched back sackofballs vid of this game. So buzzed from it. I just sit back happy like Antonio Banderas in that gif every time i see everything. another thing i saw was when Schulz comes on stage Beveridge gestures to Bob to go and lift the cup with Easton. Makes me feel good that it's what he wanted. We'll no doubt see Bev get a chance to lift the cup one day again in our polo though :)

Jeez Easton Wood has been inspirational this year. His will in the contest in the air and on the deck throughout the finals was bloody brilliant. His name will be one of the greatest in dogs history

another thing i saw was when Schulz comes on stage Beveridge gestures to Bob to go and lift the cup with Easton. Makes me feel good that it's what he wanted.
Hadn't noticed that, but I'm glad. Was the only tiny sour note from the day (for me anyway), but if it's what Bevo wanted then all good.

What a human being. So incredibly selfless.

Yeah he did gesture over but I reckon he had it in his head that all three would lift it somehow. Bevo should have got under it or something. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I just say this is page 54

I felt like I was going to pass out when I got up to cheer some goals- don't know if it was high blood pressure or what :eek

Is page 16 going to become a thing?
Sure :p

Edit.... hmmm my next 100 post numbers will have 54 in them - after that the next 100 will have 16 in them. Spooky!

Edit edit: "..........after that the next 1000 will have 16 in them." :eek:

Edit edit edit ...... guess it will be 1010 or something :drunk:

Last edited:
Looking through photos of Grand Final day after watching the replay again and found this. It is the perfect photo for a few reasons. Bont with his arms raised majestically like he often does before making the perfect release in traffic, only this time he's holding something a bit different. Libba burrowing in and under lifting his teammates up with the cheekiest rotten grin on his mug, but in midst of all the bravado and loose bloke exterior you can see a trace of tears in his eye socket, this actually means a whole lot.

Jake with BT laughing possibly about how easily he could have slotted that goal instead of setting up Picko. And in the right edge of the picture you can just barely make out Cameron Ling in background totally superfluous yet still trying to bother some poor person, which is exactly his appropriate place in the footballing landscape.

My favorite part (take the leap with me on this), in the cup you can see the reflection of Bont and Libba holding it up, for split second in time it's almost as though it is a living breathing thing as well partaking in the celebrations, pleased to be held a loft by this fine team.

611698224.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back