Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much everything about our team makes me smile since the premiership.

The biggest one, though? Any picture of or reference to Morris / Boyd / Picken (particularly Moz). Premiership players. :'(:'(:'(

No other words will bring as much joy as those were tuned out in that moment of grand final magic

And the Bulldogs are premiers.. Its a quest that will be recounted from here to football eternity - ABC Grandstand, Oct 1, 2016

The biggest one, though? Any picture of or reference to Morris / Boyd / Picken (particularly Moz). Premiership players. :'(:'(:'(

GF23.jpg

Our old veterans. All ex-rookie list and were outstanding in the finals. So great to give those guys a premiership after all their years of fruitless toil.

upload_2017-2-11_21-51-5.png

Bought this one a couple of weeks ago.

I'm about to get it framed.

It will be titled: "AFL Grand Final 2016
It's Over!".

View attachment 335492

It's Over!".
"It's over. It's all over. The drought. The dam wall is busted. It's 62 long years."

Watched the replay one too many times

Last edited:
View attachment 335492

It's Over!".

This will be my enduring moment Dimma.
I have stared at that image many times . How would have Picko been feeling right then and there.
Talk about an adrenalin Rush !
Still gives me one.
Thanks for putting it up again :thumbsu:

I have stared at that image many times . How would have Picko been feeling right then and there.
Still gives me one.
About 13 Dogs premiership players will be at Phillip Island FC tomorrow (Monday 13th) for a lunch, Q&A and a clinic for primary schools.

Living down that way, I'm hoping Picko's there, although he must be doubtful with his injury. Would love him to sign it before it's framed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still gives me one.

I love it, and I think as a club we sooooooo deserved to win an exceptional grand final and we did. This was for the true believers who despite so much pain stuck fat with the club and the team. Those who put up with so much patronising crap from opposition supporters.

Grand Final eve 2015, I went along to the Marngrook Grand Final Footy Show, afterwards walking down Southbank with my doggy scarf showing, I was approached by a Eagles fan who stared in disbelief at my scarf and proceeded to tell me how crap my club was, as he arrogantly walked away i told his back that his team would get smashed by the Hawks in the GF.
So if you are reading this and you recognise yourself in this, thank you, this final bit of arrogance might be what tipped the footy gods in our favour.

I don't understand why people bother arguing with twits on the main board/elsewhere about the significance of our victory.

Who cares if some ignoramus thinks the AFL conspired to give us a premiership. Who cares if a moron thinks the umpires blatantly favoured us. Who cares if some misery guts points to the bye as if it somehow diminishes the achievement.

Nobody can take away the feeling. The experience. The emotions. Letting them do that to you is doing yourself a massive disservice. Ignore it.

There are some people genuinely enjoying themselves, fine. But there are clearly others getting extremely worked up about the whole situation. You're smashing your head against a wall for absolutely no gain. Just leave them to their misery and conspiracy theories and bask in the afterglow of our team's greatest accomplishment.

We're the freakin' premiers. Don't let others sour the achievement for you.

I don't understand why people bother arguing with twits on the main board/elsewhere about the significance of our victory.

Who cares if some ignoramus thinks the AFL conspired to give us a premiership. Who cares if a moron thinks the umpires blatantly favoured us. Who cares if some misery guts points to the bye as if it somehow diminishes the achievement.

Nobody can take away the feeling. The experience. The emotions. Letting them do that to you is doing yourself a massive disservice. Ignore it.

There are some people genuinely enjoying themselves, fine. But there are clearly others getting extremely worked up about the whole situation. You're smashing your head against a wall for absolutely no gain. Just leave them to their misery and conspiracy theories and bask in the afterglow of our team's greatest accomplishment.

We're the freakin' premiers. Don't let others sour the achievement for you.

While I respect this sentiment, schadenfreude is sometimes enjoyable, and as a doggies supporter there sure is a bit of it pent up! (and yes, I recognise that this is perhaps just a slightly more complex way of saying that I enjoy trolling bitter idiots).

While I respect this sentiment, schadenfreude is sometimes enjoyable, and as a doggies supporter there sure is a bit of it pent up! (and yes, I recognise that this is perhaps just a slightly more complex way of saying that I enjoy trolling bitter idiots).
Oh for sure, but in my view it's pretty easy to see the difference between those who are having a bit of a laugh and those that are getting wound up.

I love it, and I think as a club we sooooooo deserved to win an exceptional grand final and we did. This was for the true believers who despite so much pain stuck fat with the club and the team. Those who put up with so much patronising crap from opposition supporters.

Grand Final eve 2015, I went along to the Marngrook Grand Final Footy Show, afterwards walking down Southbank with my doggy scarf showing, I was approached by a Eagles fan who stared in disbelief at my scarf and proceeded to tell me how crap my club was, as he arrogantly walked away i told his back that his team would get smashed by the Hawks in the GF.
So if you are reading this and you recognise yourself in this, thank you, this final bit of arrogance might be what tipped the footy gods in our favour.
West Coast might struggle to have a flag reunion in 9 years time. Most if the team might struggle to attend due to on going off field issues. Juddy might not bother to show.
Asterix******

View attachment 335492

It's Over!".
do you mind if i do this too and tell people it was my idea? That picture, especially because it's a somewhat small thumbnail here, captures a view very very similar to mine in the moment. It was the moment life changed. It was the moment the pain ended. I'm happy now

Watched the game again last night.

Dunkley had an underrated GF for a first year baby, and far more than just an underrated finals series, quite a spectacular one in fact.

Moz and Boyd just did everything right bar the Boyd smothered kick in the second quarter which wasn't costly. Such pros.

Our success with ex rookies is amazing. At one stage during the year our backline was full of rookies or discards.

Biggs JJ Boyd Hamling Roberts
Let's compare our back six to GWS's in the prelim.

JJ (rookie draft)
Hamling (DFA)
Boyd (rookie draft)

Roberts (preseason draft)
Morris (rookie draft)
Wood (pick 43)

vs

Tomlinson (pick 9)
Davis (pick 10)
Haynes (pick 7)

Shaw (cost Taylor Adams, who was a pick 13)
Patful (traded for pick 21)
Griffen (I think everyone knows how this played out..)

A champion team beats a team of champio... spoilt first round picks who have had their arses kissed since they were 13.

do you mind if i do this too and tell people it was my idea? That picture, especially because it's a somewhat small thumbnail here, captures a view very very similar to mine in the moment. It was the moment life changed. It was the moment the pain ended. I'm happy now

No worries, Zgope - as long as your people don't ever meet my people :D

Cheque's in the mail, I assume...;)

Man, I gotta stop using these emojis!

Let's compare our back six to GWS's in the prelim.

JJ (rookie draft)
Hamling (DFA)
Boyd (rookie draft)

Roberts (preseason draft)
Morris (rookie draft)
Wood (pick 43)

vs

Tomlinson (pick 9)
Davis (pick 10)
Haynes (pick 7)

Shaw (cost Taylor Adams, who was a pick 13)
Patful (traded for pick 21)
Griffen (I think everyone knows how this played out..)

A champion team beats a team of champio... spoilt first round picks who have had their arses kissed since they were 13.

No, no, let's compare Clay Smith to J.Cameron. Smith kicked 4 goals, had 26 possies, 8 tackles, played like a man possessed and let his footy do the talking. Cameron gobbed off, and... no that's it, he just gobbed off.

I experienced a short period of unemployment years ago due to short sighted employers not recognizing my unique ninja and yodelling skillset. One late afternoon when I woke up, got on my computer it occurred that the internet had actually run out for me.

To prevent a repeat of that traumatic moment and to keep repeated watching fresh and exciting I have been watching the GF in different ways. At different times I have tried watching it with lots of alcohol , sitting on an inflatable unicorn, with a guy that delivered our junk mail, the dog, sitting in my wife’s underpants (the sensible ones) and once with purple cellophane over the screen. I have also watched the game frame by frame and have discovered a few nuggets that I would like to share.

The following photo is the last goal of the game - The man front row on the right of this picture with the pink shirt, arms raised and blowing the roof off is Footscray’s Ross Abbey, son of Angus Abbey who played in that other game in 54. Ross Abbey wore number 30 and presented Joel Hamling with his jumper on debut. When you watch the game again you will see him on screen roaring every time we kick a goal and I love it.

(Not sure what the fella in the black shirt on the fence left corner is doing or where his hands are but it looks like he's very happy with the state of play).

More to come!

pickens goal 2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back