Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

As good as Boyd's goal, Picken's mark, JJ's run and Jacko's tireless display the moment of the GF for me was Roughead's huge contested mark after the disallowed JJ goal. Sitting in the crowd in disbelief, thinking this could only happen to us, that grab put me back at ease and I could finally let myself imagine this was our time.

I'm with you on this. Was thinking after they disallowed the goal I was about to witness another tragic moment in our finals history to rival the Libber goal and the Riewoldt free. But when Roughy took that grab I yelled " We've got this". Whew.

I'm with you on this. Was thinking after they disallowed the goal I was about to witness another tragic moment in our finals history to rival the Libber goal and the Riewoldt free. But when Roughy took that grab I yelled " We've got this". Whew.
I wasn't that concerned because our players were so relentless that I just felt that the lead would not be relinquished. Incidentally, there was a missed free kick to Rampe a few seconds earlier, so JJ shouldn't have had a shot to begin with!

I wasn't that concerned because our players were so relentless that I just felt that the lead would not be relinquished. Incidentally, there was a missed free kick to Rampe a few seconds earlier, so JJ shouldn't have had a shot to begin with!

You need a visit to the Swans board with that attitude. They will love you. :p

I doubt it, I still think the Wood/Hannebery contest was "play on". Not comparable to actual examples of sliding :)

Every game of football I've ever played or watched, have had a couple of dubious decisions. Ones later in the match get highlighted however. I remember coaching a team of u/18's when we lost on the last kick of the day from an obvious ump error. The kids were moaning and complaining ( justifiably) in the rooms post game, so in my address to the players I suggested the one thing they should learn from the game was instead of blaming ONE decision, ask themselves why they were only 3 points up.

They just don't want to admit the we were tougher, so they blame skullduggery. All their players were struggling in the last quarter. The umpires never call many frees in the GF. Don't agree with it, but has happened for a while now

Found this from an old episode of Footy Classified in 2010 talking about our next premiership window. They got the years right but had a laugh at some of the names
View attachment 339910
s**t we turned a heap of the list over.
Only four left out of those 15.

Would have been hard to script how that turned out.
  • Ward trying to stay but club wouldn't meet his modest demands - ends up captain at a PF side.
  • Cooney in steady decline and ending his career a sad shadow of his brilliant best at a club in disgrace.
  • Griffen the most notorious deserting rat since Barassi crossed to Carlton.
  • Cordy - a first round F/S pick was delisted.
  • Higgins, Everitt, Grant and Hill all with serviceable but generally disappointing careers, and all at other clubs.
  • Jones and Reid flops.
  • Williams forced out of the game due to ongoing injuries, not even 100 games to his name.
  • WB offer nearly a million a year for 7 years to a player who has played only 9 games after a season in the AFL.
  • A 68kg rookie pick (#39) becomes a Norm Smith Medallist.
  • The other rookie pick (#22) - an unwanted small player with dubious disposal - is now a club leader, cult figure and clearly in our best handful of players.
Funny they didn't bother listing club stalwarts Moyd, Murphy and Morris. Must have thought they'd all be retired by 2016.

All up, only 7 players from our 46 listed in 2010 were still on the list in 2016 - Murphy, Moyd, Wood, Minson, Morris, Roughead and Picken.

Only four left out of those 15.

Would have been hard to script how that turned out.
  • Ward trying to stay but club wouldn't meet his modest demands - ends up captain at a PF side.
  • Cooney in steady decline and ending his career a sad shadow of his brilliant best at a club in disgrace.
  • Griffen the most notorious deserting rat since Barassi crossed to Carlton.
  • Cordy - a first round F/S pick was delisted.
  • Higgins, Everitt, Grant and Hill all with serviceable but generally disappointing careers, and all at other clubs.
  • Jones and Reid flops.
  • Williams forced out of the game due to ongoing injuries, not even 100 games to his name.
  • WB offer nearly a million a year for 7 years to a player who has played only 9 games after a season in the AFL.
  • A 68kg rookie pick (#39) becomes a Norm Smith Medallist.
  • The other rookie pick (#22) - an unwanted small player with dubious disposal - is now a club leader, cult figure and clearly in our best handful of players.
Funny they didn't bother listing club stalwarts Moyd, Murphy and Morris. Must have thought they'd all be retired by 2016.

All up, only 7 players from our 46 listed in 2010 were still on the list in 2016 - Murphy, Moyd, Wood, Minson, Morris, Roughead and Picken.

Remember also Biggs and Hamling were cast offs, Cordy, Caleb and Hunter third rounders, Roberts a fourth rounder. Dickson was a rookie as well. So it's not like we had multiple high picks to build a team with.

What better way of spending a Saturday night of drinking, Coming home to watch the GF. What a team we have
I watched it again yesterday for the 27th time. Today I was trying to decide if I'm being ridiculous by keeping track of viewing amount... then when my parents came over for dinner today I made them watch the 4th quarter again with me :D
the.lego_.movie_.warner.bros_.animation.jpg

I didn't see the incident with Rampe as a free. My view was he had the ball and so was able to be tackled, or in this case, pulled back. I guess others had the view hat as he was juggling the ball he did not have "control" and so could not be tackled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched it again yesterday for the 27th time. Today I was trying to decide if I'm being ridiculous by keeping track of viewing amount... then when my parents came over for dinner today I made them watch the 4th quarter again with me :D
the.lego_.movie_.warner.bros_.animation.jpg
Your a good son FROGGR!!

I didn't see the incident with Rampe as a free. My view was he had the ball and so was able to be tackled, or in this case, pulled back. I guess others had the view hat as he was juggling the ball he did not have "control" and so could not be tackled.

It was also quite amazing that Dunks could miss the goals that badly from where he was to even get it to Macrae/Rampe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

there was a missed free kick to Rampe a few seconds earlier

Had his hand on the pigskin, technically he was in possession when the tackle was laid (or rather other arm swung by Macrae)

He is the gift that keeps giving Liam Jones, i had some fun at work last week telling a Carlton supporter that we got Caleb Daniel for Liam Jones!!

Didnt we fob off another player to Carlton with Jones? God he was so good I cant even remember his name?

Last night, I watched the replay of last year's round 15 match. Libba was simply extraordinary in the third quarter.

In contrast, Dean Towers was poo. He cost them the match making several errors, resulting in goals to the Bulldogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back