Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

StnBYfg.jpg

Could anyone other than Dale Morris land back first, with two broken vertebrae, and just get up, walk it off (without coming off the ground), then later land perhaps the most crucial tackle in club history?

StnBYfg.jpg

Could anyone other than Dale Morris land back first, with two broken vertebrae, and just get up, walk it off (without coming off the ground), then later land perhaps the most crucial tackle in club history?
I just said when the replay was on a coupla days ago that was one of the greatest bits of play in our history :thumbsu:

I must be the only person not to have cried. Please tell me there's someone else?

I haven't shed a tear in years though, wedding, child birth. Nothing gets them flowing.
I thought I would but I think just had maybe one sneaky tear. I get a little misty watching the replay too but not a proper cry :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not have as much of my life invested in the Doggies as many of you have and I was half way around the world watching in a room full of Swans fans and neutrals, with only a couple of Dog fans. I was elated and grinning from ear to ear and hugging and high fiving but I did not shed any tears. There were many Swans fans with tears in their eyes, though they were not tears of joy.

I didn’t cry for the games but teared up in the car Grand Final week listening to Mike Brady sing ‘one day in September’ live on SEN. It brought back every childhood Grand Final week, without my team there.

I went to the Prelim at Spotless, drunk the stadium dry (literally), rang up my Sister crying at the final siren with my credit card details and shouted the family corporate tickets to the GF even though we were members (I thought we would miss the ballot).

We all got tickets in the f**king ballot anyway! Oh well, wouldn’t change a thing.

I’m a pretty negative, nervous supporter - like most of us. But watching the Grand Final I always thought we had the better of them and felt relatively comfortable. I still cried at the end and rate it as the greatest day of my life (a bit sad, I know).

Last edited:
I got teary with a lip quiver after the prelim but not full on crying. Grand final I was just elated and in disbelief. Not even close to crying.

When I watch the replay of:
- JJ to Bont prelim goal
- Stringer to Dicko square up to put us in the GF
- Moz’s tackle on Buddy leading to Toyds long bomb
- Pickens pick up and goal after a hectic 2 minutes in our forward line
- Pickens last goal of the GF

I get teary every time. And it’s due to the crowd noise. Footage of these is my happy place when we’re playing crap. And this is what I love the most. We now all have something to go to

Prelim - drained and elated at the same time. Too concerned with lining up the precious GF ticket asap to get too emotional. Excited.
GF - 2 minutes from the end of the game when Picko kicked that goal, it all got REAL and had to really hang onto the feels - a tear or two may have escaped. After that it was just sheer joy.

Cried at the end of Grand Final, started crying when I knew we'd won (I.e. When Buddy shanked that kick and it went into Matty Boyds hands, I knew it was over)

Didn't cry after the prelim, was just wild excitement.

I was more emotional at the end of the prelim compared to the GF.
I got a phone call from work just a few minutes before the end of the match [prelim]. Spoiled it a bit!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back