Certified Legendary Thread Premiers 2016 - BULLIES DEF SWANS.. WE ARE THE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was more emotional at the end of the prelim compared to the GF.
I was much the same, just so much relief of finally winning a close prelim plus it was my birthday. Great night.

Grand Final I was strangely calm there. Just wanted to soak up absolutely everything about it from the parade to the game. Promised myself I wouldn’t have a drink until after the game as I wanted to remember it all. Just never know if the opportunity will come again so glad I did that.

Remember saying to a mate and my partner who I went to the game with at about 5-6 minutes into the last quarter that we’ll never win a flag if we can’t win this. Very out of character for me to be that confident but it just felt like we were so far on top of them regardless of what the scoreboard said.

Last edited:
I was much the same, just so much relief of finally winning a close prelim plus it was my birthday. Great night.

Grand Final I was strangely calm there. Just wanted to soak up absolutely everything about it from the parade to the game. Promised myself I wouldn’t have a drink until after the game as I wanted to remember it all. Just never know if the opportunity will come again so glad I did that.

Remember saying to a mate and my partner who I went to the game with at about 5-6 minutes into the last quarter that we’ll never win a flag if we can’t win this. Very out of character for me to be that confident but it just felt like were so far on top of them regardless of what the scoreboard said.

Sums up exactly my emotions about those 2 games Lex.
The GF , there was something about that group of players in 2016 that gave me confidence we were going to get the job done despite it being so close.
It is still a mystery to me how a normally pessimistic supporter ( and for good reason ) could be so supremely confident on the big day.

Remember saying to a mate and my partner who I went to the game with at about 5-6 minutes into the last quarter that we’ll never win a flag if we can’t win this. Very out of character for me to be that confident but it just felt like were so far on top of them regardless of what the scoreboard said.

I felt exactly the same, it was getting over the preliminary final hurdle/hoodoo, if we did that we could beat anyone in the GF, Sydney, Geelong, Adelaide it didn't matter who, we would have won, I was unwavering in my belief that we would win the Grand Final.

I think a vital moment that is often overlooked in analysing the GF is Zaine Cordy pulling one out of his arse - kicking our first goal, 40 metres out on the boundary against a swirly breeze.

It settled the boys after we kept bombing it to Grundy, got the crowd involved and gave us some belief after the swans had the better of us early.

Ayce’s brother was very important in the Prelim and Granny.

Surely I can't be the only one who was worried after Bont's lace out kick early was dropped by Boyd? I can't have been the only one thinking that that might have set the tone for the rest of the day.

The rest, as we know, is history, as those two were our best on the day.

I think a vital moment that is often overlooked in analysing the GF is Zaine Cordy pulling one out of his arse - kicking our first goal, 40 metres out on the boundary against a swirly breeze.

It settled the boys after we kept bombing it to Grundy, got the crowd involved and gave us some belief after the swans had the better of us early.

Ayce’s brother was very important in the Prelim and Granny.

I had a great view of it in the pocket, it was pretty ugly off the boot and looked out of bounds , then point post then, point , then GOAL!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely I can't be the only one who was worried after Bont's lace out kick early was dropped by Boyd? I can't have been the only one thinking that that might have set the tone for the rest of the day.

The rest, as we know, is history, as those two were our best on the day.

I was quite certain it was going to be a very bad day for Tom and us when that happened.

Has anyone else noticed when watching the grand final on DVD, after Picken kicks the sealer, there are glimpses of Sydney fans in the crowd smiling. I'd love to know whether they were accepting the game was over in a good natured fashion or whether they were appreciating the history of the occasion.

Picken1.PNG

Here you can see two supporters behind Picken's head having a light-hearted chat and there is another smiling man wearing glasses near the fence.

There's another bloke in the crowd after Picken kicks that goal that nods to the person next to them and says "It's over." Not all of those people you mentioned are necessarily Sydney supporters though worbod. The lady yes but the baldy and the two chatting maybe not.

So a Bulldog prelimary final was not emergency enough for you ?
Lot of Bulldog hearts on the edge that last 10 minutes.

Has anyone else noticed when watching the grand final on DVD, after Picken kicks the sealer, there are glimpses of Sydney fans in the crowd smiling. I'd love to know whether they were accepting the game was over in a good natured fashion or whether they were appreciating the history of the occasion.

View attachment 573174

Here you can see two supporters behind Picken's head having a light-hearted chat and there is another smiling man wearing glasses near the fence.

Speaking as someone who lives in Sydney, they probably just thought the game is scored like golf and they were doing well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back