Premiers - why move on so fast?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This used to piss me off when the Hawks were winning it and I assume it pissing Richmond supporters off today.

Why do we move on so fast?

I am listening to a sports report and all they are talking about is Gold Coast draft concessions.

Can’t the Tigers have one week of clear air to celebrate and be the centre of all attention?

This used to piss me off when the Hawks were winning it and I assume it pi**ing Richmond supporters off today.

I am listening to a sports report and all they are talking about is Gold Coast draft concessions.

Can’t the Tigers have one week of clear air to celebrate and be the centre of all attention?

Fair point but on the other side of the coin the 10 sides that missed the finals have had 5 weeks of twiddling their thumbs being forgotten about

This used to piss me off when the Hawks were winning it and I assume it pi**ing Richmond supporters off today.

TO piss off Richmond supporters

The game was a flat out embarrassment to the sport. I don't think it gets a mention next year too. Will be the most forgotten about flag in years thanks to GWS

6D902C20-F814-4FC3-A630-A705EF3E37B7.jpeg

Cause we live in a 24/7 internet connected news cycle.

The GF was already old news 24 hours ago, and it is now 48 hours ago so pretty much ancient news with NFL and EPL going as well on 17 supporter bases have already moved on and so must the news.

The most prominent image on the front page is Dustin Martin holding the 2019 premiership cup. If that isn't enough then you have serious problems.
Jesus take it easy clown, that was just updated, replacing a trade scenario image. Wasn't even there until I refreshed the page.

Impact bias: You imagine that a big event will have more of an effect for longer.

Some never move on.

Most people move on fairly quickly.

Some move on immediately.

Because .... one aspect of the game not widely discussed is the TV coverage, audience down nationally despite the huge Tiger Army.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because .... one aspect of the game not widely discussed is the TV coverage, audience down nationally despite the huge Tiger Army.
Audience probably higher than it might have been without the huge Tiger army.

What’s there to move on from? According to the majority Richmond premierships don’t count because MCG, crap game and Mabo vibes.

But that is only interesting to Richmond supporters, there is media which caters for Richmond fans but the overall AFL media don't get clicks appealing to only one (however large) supporter base. Most Tiger supporters who have leave should still be getting smashed not clicking on junk anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back