Universal Love Premiership Celebration - December 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like a perfect day for it. Hope it is a great day for everyone.

A few updates on how it is playing out would be appreciated. Go the dees šŸ†
Dogs up by 1 point, Spargo just missed.

Edit: Nibbler just tied the scores.
23 minutes gone in the 2nd.

Did BT say on the broadcast that fans in WA had VFL teams before it became a national comp?
Kind of true. Most keen fans would have had a WAFL team and/or a VFL team when the gun West Australians like Polly Farmer went to the VFL, before the Eagles franchise had been established.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was a bit under the weather but i'm sort of glad i didn't go. I've seen the replay so many times. i reckon the players could've done a light training session with the replay going on in the background. that would've been heaps better.

Enjoyed the day. A unique experience and something we're unlikely to see again.

The replay itself was obviously a bit of a novelty but it was entertaining nonetheless.

The passing of the cup from era to era was the real highlight for me - such a fitting way to conclude this wonderful chapter of the club's history.

On to '22!

The replay itself was obviously a bit of a novelty but it was entertaining nonetheless.

The passing of the cup from era to era was the real highlight for me - such a fitting way to conclude this wonderful chapter of the club's history.

On to '22!

I felt the same way about the replay was still fun, particularly those goals in the 3rd.

On to '22!

Couldnā€™t agree more RE the passing of the cup from era to eta after the replay finished. That brought tingles to the back of the neck.

It was also so good to be at the MCG bars before, during and especially after the event - just being surrounded by passionate Dees fans, celebrating the flag, chatting about all the s**t weā€™d endured, hopes for next year and beyondā€¦. It really was a special day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been smashed by work the last 2 weeks.

Today was my opportunity.

Flew down. Went with mum and dad.

Mum brought a cheese board because whatā€™s a Melbourne game without a cheese board. Club media team even took a photo of it because memes.

Genuinely one of the best days. Something I - we - will never forget.

Yep, amazing day. Looked around when Neale was up on stage and there must have been dozens of people wiping away tears. Garry the ultimate host along with Robbo the entertainer. The cup presentation was fantastic. Great to see so many past players here as well. Had a great chat to Matty Whelan and Titus O'Reilly. Said hi to Fritta and Viney. The replay was fun. Great atmosphere in and out of the ground. A once in a lifetime experience today. Well done MFC. Let's win it in Melbourne next year hey!

Yep, amazing day. Looked around when Neale was up on stage and there must have been dozens of people wiping away tears. Garry the ultimate host along with Robbo the entertainer. The cup presentation was fantastic. Great to see so many past players here as well. Had a great chat to Matty Whelan and Titus O'Reilly. Said hi to Fritta and Viney. The replay was fun. Great atmosphere in and out of the ground. A once in a lifetime experience today. Well done MFC. Let's win it in Melbourne next year hey!
I got a bit teary then. And also when the cup was passed by the players from each era. Beautiful

Was a really fantastic day, had a really chill vibe to it, was amazing being able to share the experience again with fellow supporters. The guard of honour with the cup being passed on by past players was the highlight for me.

Went out on in Richmond afterwards for a few beers and it felt like a weekend arvo after a dees win at the G, dees fans filling every pub, great stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back