Media Premiership-Celebration Match: Sin City Swamprats v. Pennsylvania Vampires, at the Port board

Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
On Tuesday, the phone rang at the Swamprats HQ. Everyone at the club was either still drunk or with an awesome and well-deserved hangover. If it was not for our hyper-professional secretary, Chipmunk's message would have never arrived. Her note said:
Chipmunk from the Vampires called. He has send their greetings for our championship. Pennsylvania wants to hold a celebratory match against us, probably on the Port board. It would also work as recruitment drive for us and advertisement for them. Asked us to reach @Millky95 asap.

It took a while and some gallons of dark bitter coffee, but our captain/coach/chairman/dad-joker philreich has managed to answer the invitation. The Rats were in. It was just a matter of adjusting the details. Millky send a proposition in writing, which was promptly accepted:
Thanks for being on board with this, should be some good fun! Since it's a Swampies recruitment drive any player that wants to join up, you get to play them against our mob.

We would only need the final teams by early Saturday morning for the simming. The game could be posted after the Port game. There would be some nice traffic on the board then.

Clubs have also agreed that SarahSmiles will receive recognition for the premiership, but will play for the game for his new club - the Vampires; while akkaps will only participate of the celebrations, since he now plays for the Death Valley Serpents.

With everything settled between the parties, the match thread went up.

You can all follow the game here:

Did you ask permission though?

I would like to hear the thoughts of the committee
He's a Port fan running a game on the Port board for a Port-affiliated club. No different from when the Furies ran games on the Richmond board for mine.

The committee is lining up a Tour of Qooty for everyone else.

He's a Port fan running a game on the Port board for a Port-affiliated club. No different from when the Furies ran games on the Richmond board for mine.

The committee is lining up a Tour of Qooty for everyone else.

I would like to hear TheInjuryFactory's thoughts specifically

Did you ask permission though?

I would like to hear the thoughts of the committee
Everything seems fine in the Port board. No rule has been broken over there.

We have stated clear what is that we are doing, and no one has complained so far — at least, that we have been informed of. I don't know why this should be a problem here.

If we did something wrong, we are sorry. If it is a problem of procedure, it should be simple to fix due the aforementioned circumstances.

Everything seems fine in the Port board. No rule has been broken over there.

We have stated clear what is that we are doing, and no one has complained so far — at least, that we have been informed of. I don't know why this should be a problem here.

If we did something wrong, we are sorry. If it is a problem of procedure, it should be simple to fix due the aforementioned circumstances.

I don't care what you do, we run Furies games all the time on other boards.

Just a little birdie told me some of the committee are melting harder than Dan Andrews watching his re-election chances wash away in a Covid tidal wave

I would like to hear TheInjuryFactory's thoughts specifically
giphy.gif

I don't care what you do, we run Furies games all the time on other boards.

Just a little birdie told me some of the committee are melting harder than Dan Andrews watching his re-election chances wash away in a Covid tidal wave
Do you fear the mall that hosts both stadia of Bears and Rats could be at risk?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back