Premiership Coach 2017 AFL lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Now with all the player ratings out there. We have a good 4+ months to discuss and argue over which player has been underrated or overrated!
I want to see decent discussion, heads thrown around and stabs in the back to happen.... Well, maybe not to that extent, but I do want to see discussion. Now have at it, team

I feel that Atley and Macmillan should both be Small Defender after the season just gone.
Hansen played as a Tall Forward when he played and I believe Mullett played more forward than back.
going to disagree with all of that, im afraid.
Atley and Macmillan will be pushing onto the wings next season as they dont have anyone else.
Hansen played 5 games and didnt kick a goal...
Mullett 15 games, 1 goal

What about Garner as an Outside Midfielder and Wagner as a Small Forward?

I believe both Daniel and Dahlhaus should be Small Forward's.
Cordy should be a Tall Forward rather than a Tall Defender.
Johannisen should be a Small Defender rather than an Outside Midfielder.
Cordy will play down back next year with Cloke coming in, Crameri coming back and Redpath returning in the middle of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe both Daniel and Dahlhaus should be Small Forward's.
Cordy should be a Tall Forward rather than a Tall Defender.
Johannisen should be a Small Defender rather than an Outside Midfielder.
disagree
disagree
50/50 - JJ is more the attacking half back/wing - hence the OM

I believe Jong, McLean, C.Smith and Dunkley should all be Small Forwards.
I would have Campbell as a Tall Forward but understandable that he is a Ruck.
And Murphy, where will he play next season, forward or back? I have a feeling the Bulldogs will use him as a Small Forward next season.

And Murphy, where will he play next season, forward or back? I have a feeling the Bulldogs will use him as a Small Forward next season.
i moved Smith to a SF. others totally disagree with...
Campbell is a ruck.
Murphy will play defence next season

Agree with Smith as a small forward. Guy can't kick 4 goals in a preliminary final and not be called a small forward. Jong I disagree with, pure outside midfielder and was on the verge of leaving because he wanted more midfield time. Dunkley is an interesting one. Did seem to play more on the wing/half forward in the Grand Final, but he has been forward and kicked a few goals this season. Maybe a double-rating in both areas would do him some good?
Tom Campbell is a pure ruckman but has been played forward due to better ruckman being in the side (Minson, Roughead) and he's the only other bloke on the list who can play that forward/ruck role.

In regards to richmond.

Elton will be a swingman next year. So he can be a tall defender as a priority but will almost certainly play as our third tall. So at the least he should be close to equally rated in the two categories

Cotchin is 100% an inside mid. It's possible he'll get more outside time because of Caddy and Prestia's arrival but he'll still play mostly inside.

Drummond and Conca are both outside mids.
And short is a small defender primarily.

All the rest are pretty good.

As for the ratings, Prestia is way overrated. Espc if you consider him compared to Cotchin.

Batchelor too needs to come down in comparison to Hunt and Markov who both outplay him.

And McIntosh is overrated by 4 points at least. He's gonna be the number 2 wing next year behind only Ellis.

In regards to richmond.

Elton will be a swingman next year. So he can be a tall defender as a priority but will almost certainly play as our third tall. So at the least he should be close to equally rated in the two categories

Cotchin is 100% an inside mid. It's possible he'll get more outside time because of Caddy and Prestia's arrival but he'll still play mostly inside.

As for the ratings, Prestia is way overrated. Espc if you consider him compared to Cotchin.

Batchelor too needs to come down in comparison to Hunt and Markov who both outplay him.

And McIntosh is overrated by 4 points at least. He's gonna be the number 2 wing next year behind only Ellis.
thanks, we will take these into consideration

Positional changes:

Acres > Inside Mid
Stevens > Inside Mid
White > Small defender

Overall changes:

Riewoldt improved 86 (with dual OM/TF rating)
Steven improved 91

Other than that I think you've nailed it which is impressive as the only two overall changed are minimal.
have changed Acres and Stevens from memory.

We are discussing NRoo currently and we will discuss Steven. we have definitely underrated them both looking at it now

In regards to richmond.

McIntosh is underrated by 4 i mean

North Melbourne
Positions:

View attachment 305812

Ratings:
View attachment 305813

Great job so far. The changes i would make.

B Mckay is a key forward.
S Durdin plays both KPF and KPD but for these lists i would say key defender.
Not 100% sure on the next 2, but highlight videos show.
N Hrovat inside mid mainly.
Ahern outside mid mainly. Also can he start on the LTI?
Atley small defender.
Corey Wagner small forward.
Also, Williams ranked 81? I would rank him our 4th best small defender.

I feel that Atley and Macmillan should both be Small Defender after the season just gone.
Hansen played as a Tall Forward when he played and I believe Mullett played more forward than back.

Atley is a genuine small defender. Macmillan switched a bit but played backline mainly this year due to lack of other defenders.

Hasen KPD, Mullet small defender, or outside mid at best.

Great job so far. The changes i would make.

B Mckay is a key forward.
S Durdin plays both KPF and KPD but for these lists i would say key defender.
Not 100% sure on the next 2, but highlight videos show.
N Hrovat inside mid mainly.
Ahern outside mid mainly. Also can he start on the LTI?
Atley small defender.
Corey Wagner small forward.
Also, Williams ranked 81? I would rank him our 4th best small defender.
heard about Ben McKay - that has been changed
ill keep Durdin at KPD
Hrovat is an outside
Ahern is an inside
im 50/50 on Atley - i reckon he is a bit like JJ from the Dogs - can play both but better suited to being the winger
Wagner ill change
Williams played really well at the Pies when i watched him - hence the rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back