Premiership Coach 2017 AFL lists

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the ratings are spot on, except for a few things.

Rance and Martin should be swapped. Rance should be our highest rated player. Astbury should be roughly the same as Griffiths.

Position wise:

Elton is a Swingman with a naturally better Forward game. Probably have him as a 71 rated Tall forward and a 69 rated Tall Defender.

Short is a Small Defender/Forward.

Butler is a Small Forward

Edwards, Lambert, Drummond and Conca are outside mids.

Otherwise, fantastic job. :)

i like McIntosh - but didnt he play little football this year?

im happy with him at 75 from what i have seen and that can be changed if i see different

Naturally I'd have him as a 77, but little football this year is tough. Same as why Yarran is rated as low as he is, I assume? Happy to have players coming back off extended breaks to be rated a tad lower than they otherwise would be.

I think the ratings are spot on, except for a few things.

Rance and Martin should be swapped. Rance should be our highest rated player. Astbury should be roughly the same as Griffiths.

Position wise:

Elton is a Swingman with a naturally better Forward game. Probably have him as a 71 rated Tall forward and a 69 rated Tall Defender.

Short is a Small Defender/Forward.

Butler is a Small Forward

Edwards, Lambert, Drummond and Conca are outside mids.

Otherwise, fantastic job. :)
Drummond and Conca have been changed - along with Cotch as said previously. Edwards can be changed, but Lambert is an inside IMO
there have been a few people talking about Elton, i am happy to change him
Short can be changed
Butler will be changed

im happy to swap Dusty and Rance. ill do the same with Astbury
Naturally I'd have him as a 77, but little football this year is tough. Same as why Yarran is rated as low as he is, I assume? Happy to have players coming back off extended breaks to be rated a tad lower than they otherwise would be.
exactly. Yarran, JOM etc are all rated lower than usual due to missing football

Drummond and Conca have been changed - along with Cotch as said previously. Edwards can be changed, but Lambert is an inside IMO
there have been a few people talking about Elton, i am happy to change him
Short can be changed
Butler will be changed

im happy to swap Dusty and Rance. ill do the same with Astbury

exactly. Yarran, JOM etc are all rated lower than usual due to missing football

Cheers mate.

Yeah. I assume thats why Hurley is rated as low as he is as well. I actually like it. Makes it a lot more realistic in that regard. Excellent work with the the lists.

Not sure if you know either, but Yestin Eades and Gach Nyuon were delisted for the Bombers.

Cheers mate.

Yeah. I assume thats why Hurley is rated as low as he is as well. I actually like it. Makes it a lot more realistic in that regard. Excellent work with the the lists.

Not sure if you know either, but Yestin Eades and Gach Nyuon were delisted for the Bombers.
i am up to date with the delistings

just havent been updated on those sheets yet (i have a massive one with the player ratings by position, then smaller ones for positions and teams)

and i cant take any credit for these lists - these are all haydo169's doing, thank him not me

ok guys, going to do updated lists for each club on the original posts.

ill put the page number that each team is on, so that they are easily accessible

Adelaide: Page 3
Brisbane: Page 3
Carlton: Page 4
Collingwood: Page 4
Essendon: Page 5
Fremantle: Page 5
Geelong: Page 5
Gold Coast: Page 5
GWS: Page 5
Hawthorn: Page 5
Melbourne: Page 5
North Melbourne: Page 5
Port Adelaide: Page 6
Richmond: Page 6
St Kilda: Page 6
Sydney: Page 6
West Coast: Page 6
Western Bulldogs: Page 6

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'm keeping my eye on this thread and taking into account everyone's issues with the ratings as I'll be editing and swapping/changing alot over the next few months

Cheers for the hardwork, Haydo! I know how taxing it is making new lists. Pretty much nailed it, just a few tweaks and they'll be spot on. Oh, should probably say, Dion Prestia is too high for someone who has played 22 games in 2 years.

Cheers for the hardwork, Haydo! I know how taxing it is making new lists. Pretty much nailed it, just a few tweaks and they'll be spot on. Oh, should probably say, Dion Prestia is too high for someone who has played 22 games in 2 years.
that has been mentioned and will be fixed - might become 88 and we will move Steven to 90/91

we will see though

alright, have just finished putting updated positions and ratings for each club.

feel free to go through them and adding any more queries about them. We have 3 or 4 months before these are released!

that has been mentioned and will be fixed - might become 88 and we will move Steven to 90/91

we will see though
I'm more then happy for Prestia to drop down to 88-87. Just looking at it now, we have him rated higher then Rory Sloane and at current time, he is way behind Sloane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positional changes:

Acres > Inside Mid
Stevens > Inside Mid
White > Small defender

Overall changes:

Riewoldt improved 86 (with dual OM/TF rating)
Steven improved 91

Other than that I think you've nailed it which is impressive as the only two overall changed are minimal.

What are your thoughts on Weller and Gresham as Small Forwards? By memory, I thought they both played forward more.

Newnes as a Small Defender would be another change I'd make.

J.Webster I thought was a Midfielder.

Personally think the ratings are quite high as an average, there aren't many 64 or less rated players, I don't know how that interacts with the gameplay, but are you guys going to aim for the target ratings for the game? I feel like that would help a bit with salary cap issues in the first few years possibly, it does slow down trade week immensely

I just made a (out of date albeit) list trying to stick as closely to the target ratings as possible, and it seems to be opening the game up a bit more in terms of being able to afford all players within the cap.

Just something to keep in mind if you guys notice cap issues within a few years?

Mine are not really realistic (I sort of categorised players by a mixture of the official AFL Rankings and my own thoughts) to the players themselves, but I'm testing it out a bit and I'm liking the results. I won't be releasing them either, cos I have made choices like any player who hasn't played a game yet is rated 59 by default. Seemed sorta weird to see players who haven't been tested in AFL footy rated a 75 or something.

Anyway, I certainly don't wanna tell you guys how to do this, it's your thing and I'll be using the lists either way =) mine are just interim to see if the target ratings give a better gameplay!

For your ratings, I reckon Zac Clarke should be rated below Dawson, probably a 76. Dawson's a good spoiler, and if it weren't for giving away stupid free kicks and shoddy passes all the time, he'd be a relatively premium defender.

What are your thoughts on Weller and Gresham as Small Forwards? By memory, I thought they both played forward more.

Newnes as a Small Defender would be another change I'd make.

J.Webster I thought was a Midfielder.
Gresham is a midfielder. Weller plays high half forward/midfield so a duel rating is probably fair.

Newnes is an outside mid with a solid inside midfield rating as well.

JWeb definitely small defender too, would love him to eventually progress into the midfield one day though.

Gresham is a midfielder. Weller plays high half forward/midfield so a duel rating is probably fair.

Newnes is an outside mid with a solid inside midfield rating as well.

JWeb definitely small defender too, would love him to eventually progress into the midfield one day though.

What about McKenzie as a Small Forward and Savage as an Outside Midfielder (Small Defender about 1 or 2 points behind)?

2jf0hva.jpg

Just quickly simmed through another season and probably got the closest and best results so far with these lists. With concerns over the ladder, obviously Collingwood and Essendon are the two who seem a little too high but the rest I am very very happy with. Think I may have figured out how to not have a ruckman win the Brownlow medal every year with Luke Parker winning the Brownlow this season. The closest ruckman to winning was Matthew Kreuzer who was ranked 9th in the Brownlow counting.
Also, pretty happy with that All-Australian team with the likes of Michael Talia and Corey Gregson the only 2 who I'd think would be extremely unlikely to make an All-Aus team ever!.

2jf0hva.jpg

Just quickly simmed through another season and probably got the closest and best results so far with these lists. With concerns over the ladder, obviously Collingwood and Essendon are the two who seem a little too high but the rest I am very very happy with. Think I may have figured out how to not have a ruckman win the Brownlow medal every year with Luke Parker winning the Brownlow this season. The closest ruckman to winning was Matthew Kreuzer who was ranked 9th in the Brownlow counting.
Also, pretty happy with that All-Australian team with the likes of Michael Talia and Corey Gregson the only 2 who I'd think would be extremely unlikely to make an All-Aus team ever!.
how?

Sounds silly but purely making the ruckmen and ruckman. Too many guys like Kreuzer/Ryder are also rated like midfielders as well when we all know that many of them are just ruckman. Only guys like Gawn and Grundy get midfielder like stats each game consistenly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back