Premiership Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

You blokes are doing gods work, be happy to test and report bugs if needed

I think I've got enough people for the current testing, however this is just the beginning. Once more changes are made we will need people to continue testing the game. As long as you are keeping up to date with the progress and are active at the time, you will be welcome to help.

Unsure as to why the drop down boxes are causing problems for some people. I haven't touched the code since I uploaded the beta though, so I'm still yet to determine why its happening, but I did check if it was an issue for myself and it appears not to be.

upload_2018-4-30_16-15-16.png

hi l would love to help out, l could do the stats if you like. For current afl season and potential draft picks for 2018 draft if you like. Could l please trial the game

Any update on how this pre-beta is going? Doing a fantastic job, just wanting a status update of sorts. :)

I haven't done anything since I released that pre-beta. I will try to do more next week and in the coming weeks, but If I can't, I have a break for the whole of July so I will spend a lot of time then.
would i be able to have a pre-beta code? would love to have a little play

would i be able to have a pre-beta code? would love to have a little play

It's pretty broken at the moment that I would recommend playing PC2011 with the 2018 lists instead as that would be better. Once I start working on this again (looking to be in just over a months time), I will continually upload new versions of the beta for people to try out.

Playing my third season with the test version

played first two seasons as GWS, but got fired after only 6 wins in 2 years.

Took over Gold Coast and just played Match of the Year against Adelaide.

Friday Night Round 18. 1st v 4th. Adelaide v Gold Coast at Adelaide Oval.

Jesse Hanslo kicked the winner with 3 seconds left on the clock.

The catch was that I dropped to fifth after this victory due to other results haha!

upload_2018-6-11_13-33-41.png

Can this be added to the low priority/low urgency list?
Can we get .png image format added for PlayerImages so we could download all the player images from a certain website and then just throw them into the game without having to mess around changing file formats etc.
I believe the code is In PCmain.xaml.vb:

Public Sub DisplayPlayer
If File.Exists(".\Images\PlayerImages\" & strat.SystemID & ".jpg") Then 190
' frmVcard.Player_Silouette.Opacity = 0

Hopefully thats all that needs changing.
Cheers.

It's been around a month since I have posted on this thread, so I figured I may as well give people an update even though there is not too much that has changed. I did say that I wanted to get started on this again towards late June, however I didn't have the time back then and can confirm that I will definitely be working on it from next week onward.

I don't know how long it will take until I can get a public release out, but what I can say is at the moment, it just seems that all I need to do is find and fix numerous small bugs (Yet to find any large problems). I do also want to take a look at changing up the simulation a little, so you guys can have something different to PC2011.

I actually decided to open the latest version of the beta, and will simulate over 10 years to see how everything goes as I have not actually tested past 3 years of a career. If I find anything interesting, I will post it here.

Hey would love to help do some testing, been playing the games for about 5 years now and absolutely love that I found a community for it still alive. Had a bit of experience playing around with a text editor so can help with player stats ECT!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A gem a found in my most recent save. Sorry about the iPhone pics, could be bothered to screenshot. A strange one, only had a peak of 86 when drafted yet posted some rediculouos numbers and ended up playing at 88 overall during his prime. A real nice CV too;

300 games
168 goals
2x Brownlow
5x best and fairest
6x MVP
5x All Australian
6x premierships
2x norm smith

A gem a found in my most recent save. Sorry about the iPhone pics, could be bothered to screenshot. A strange one, only had a peak of 86 when drafted yet posted some rediculouos numbers and ended up playing at 88 overall during his prime. A real nice CV too;

300 games
168 goals
2x Brownlow
5x best and fairest
6x MVP
5x All Australian
6x premierships
2x norm smith

Interesting - can you post his skills/attributes mate. Guessing he has 100 for Hard Ball Gets, then something else that's dragging his IM rating down.

Alright, separate from uncustom's work on getting things playable in the short term, I'm starting to mess around with ideas for a new major version (freeware, non-commercial).

A couple questions:
1) How important to the game is the real time matchday? Curious how many of you were using it, and whether it could be held back from a new version, then reintroduced some time later.
2) How important to you is the newspaper/story driven content? Same deal - considering taking it out for now.
3) With the Newspaper gone, I'd like to redesign the home screen/main dashboard. Some combination of Email, Calendar, Ladder - anyone want to have a crack at redesigning the layout there?
4) Similar for new features that need to be introduced (i.e Free Agency), if someone wants to get discussion going on how those should look & behave?
5) Any other features from PC2011 that you feel can go to scale back and simplify? (team chemistry is one)
6) List of Critical features for a new version?

Alright, separate from uncustom's work on getting things playable in the short term, I'm starting to mess around with ideas for a new major version (freeware, non-commercial).

A couple questions:
1) How important to the game is the real time matchday? Curious how many of you were using it, and whether it could be held back from a new version, then reintroduced some time later.
2) How important to you is the newspaper/story driven content? Same deal - considering taking it out for now.
3) With the Newspaper gone, I'd like to redesign the home screen/main dashboard. Some combination of Email, Calendar, Ladder - anyone want to have a crack at redesigning the layout there?
4) Similar for new features that need to be introduced (i.e Free Agency), if someone wants to get discussion going on how those should look & behave?
5) Any other features from PC2011 that you feel can go to scale back and simplify? (team chemistry is one)

1) I preferred simulating games over using the real time match day system. My main reason was that I felt the stats were much more realistic through simulating rather than playing matches. I feel that there are still a lot of people who use the real match day system though.

2) The newspaper feature wasn't really too important to me. The only time I really used it was to easily go through all the players who retired during the year as there was a direct link to the players profile. If the feature is to remain, I guess more could be added to it such as random events that may occur in a players life that result in them missing games, and displaying the achievements of a player when they retire.

3 & 4) I'm not really good at design, but I am pretty sure there are people here willing to help out.

5) None that I can think of.

6) Free Agency is the most obvious feature that should be added into the game. I would also like to see changes to the simulation to fit how the game is played now. It doesn't really feel realistic having two players in the same team kicking above 80 goals in a season, and then having many with 90-100+. There is a bunch of other issues I could mention including increasing the possession numbers that defenders get and reducing the dominance of key forwards.

A couple questions:
1) Honestly barely used it, often preferred to sim.
2) I always gave it a read tbh, I quite liked it but I’m sure I could live without it.
3) Can’t really help with that. Maybe Fizzler would be keen?
4)
5) Not sure.
6) Just all the rule updates since the last game came out really, ie rookie rules, no sub, future pick trading, etc which I’m pretty sure all fall under question 4.

1) Sim. Almost never used the matchday feature
2) Could take it or leave it
3) I'm useless at that stuff unfortunately
4) Free Agency (as you mentioned), future pick trading, trading of picks during the draft (which is new as of this year), removing the sub
5) Can't say I ever looked at team chemistry. Maybe something about player discipline?
6) As uncustom mentioned, maybe rebalancing possessions and goalkickers?

1) Sim
2) Would love the content to focus on other teams players or something along that ilk to see who's actually playing well after you go through the name players
3) no idea
4)
5) Player discipline, honestly I'd love a more complex team chemistry aspect but I can tell its not something that easy to do. Maybe something can be changed with team finances because it doesn't really add too much because it's not in depth enough to be interesting and can just become annoying.
6) Agree with what uncustom said.

A couple questions:
1) I like the feature but it’s not overly important
2) Same as above
3) I’m keen to do that as you’re aware
4) A few things have changed since 11 so a discussion will be needed
5) I can’t really remember anything I didn’t like in the game tbh
6) Would love to have lower leagues playable. And maybe even a way to add even lower leagues like local for added realism (just thinking out loud here)
And having club jumpers on the team screen would be cool, as well as making it easy to mod (ie: making all the image files easily accessible and editable)

1) I pretty much exclusively sim matches.
2) I use it rarely, end of year retirements, maybe a few game results. If some more random events happened linked to newspaper articles I may use it more.
3 and 4) I suck at design but know good stuff when I see it :) I'm sure someone would love to have a crack at this.
5 and 6)
Pretty much just updated rules, drafting, free trade etc. Maybe reworked tribunal and possibly different training//player development rates.
Could you put the highest rating stat of the player on the player position on the Team Selection screen? ie. I would like to be able to see the inside mid rating stat on my centre/rovers, tall forward rating on my full forward, small defender rating on my back flanks etc. maybe listed on the players jumper under their number or next to them or something.
In regards to Player Contracts can you make them more variable, maybe if you try and low ball them they get pissed and maybe hike their asking price or just go to pre season draft.
Medical and Recruiting staff should probably have the possibilitiy of getting poached, like coaching staff perhaps.
Possibly rejig scouting somehow, it seems a bit easy once you have full scouting staff with 20s scouting.
Just for fun, add in goal/mark of the Year, random events like player caught drink driving, hurt doing something silly or sex scandal etc. thats probably for a later version though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back