Premiership Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I developed and distributed this game, what seems like a lifetime ago.

I'm always amazed that there is still a community updating and continuing to play the game, some 6 years later. I dont have the time to develop it myself these days, but would be willing to give the source code to the community and assist in developing a new version if there is enough skill and motivation to revive it as a collaborative, freeware project.

Does anyone want to lead this?

Yes please. Love that idea. More than happy to help in anyway possible to update this game.

Wouldn't like to lead this though, don't know what I would be doing.

I developed and distributed this game, what seems like a lifetime ago.

I'm always amazed that there is still a community updating and continuing to play the game, some 6 years later. I dont have the time to develop it myself these days, but would be willing to give the source code to the community and assist in developing a new version if there is enough skill and motivation to revive it as a collaborative, freeware project.

Does anyone want to lead this?
Hey bud

haydo here, I have been updating the Premiership coach lists for the last 4 seasons. Very interested to lead this project. I have been a big fan of PC ever since 2011. Feel free to inbox me

Hey bud

haydo here, I have been updating the Premiership coach lists for the last 4 seasons. Very interested to lead this project. I have been a big fan of PC ever since 2011. Feel free to inbox me

You've done a sensational job, mate & think you should lead it for sure. Will happily give PC source code, let you coordinate everything and do a little dev work on the side to help get it all rolling.

Have you visited that site since? Last post was in 2015 from memory

I checked it at the beginning of this year to see if I had missed anything and I hadn't so figured there was no need to check again haha

You've done a sensational job, mate & think you should lead it for sure. Will happily give PC source code, let you coordinate everything and do a little dev work on the side to help get it all rolling.
Yeah perfect. Let's get this rolling. I have always wanted to get a new version of this out

I checked it at the beginning of this year to see if I had missed anything and I hadn't so figured there was no need to check again haha
Yep I basically did the same a few months back. Went through old PM's to get the forum website but nothing had changed. Pretty sure you were the last to comment in 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any graphic artists interested in making a few images for this?
Yeah I'll have a crack. I'm a regular on the Footy Jumpers & Graphic Design forum on here. At the moment I'm helping out with some graphics for Australian Football Coach which probably has the edge over this game at the moment as there's no bugs and regular updates.

I would love to assist with this. I have had some coding experience in the past but haven't moved on with any recent programming languages. What language was the game coded in?

I would love to assist with this. I have had some coding experience in the past but haven't moved on with any recent programming languages. What language was the game coded in?

It was all done in VB.Net, with XAML for the front end. Keep in mind this was a long while ago now so for anyone familiar with .net that wants to mess around with it theres a lot of custom stuff in there that you'd do differently now days (no Linq).
You'll need a copy of Visual Studio

It was all done in VB.Net, with XAML for the front end. Keep in mind this was a long while ago now so for anyone familiar with .net that wants to mess around with it theres a lot of custom stuff in there that you'd do differently now days (no Linq).
You'll need a copy of Visual Studio

Open source project is created, haydo is admin - here you go bigfooty communitiy, have at it.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/open-premiership-coach/

If it gathers any momentum from here I'll be interested in working on it a little also - I'm working in Operations as a manager these days, so there is a little dev itch there to scratch.

Good luck!

I'm not seeing any files.

(I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong - I have logged in to sf and can't find anything in the repository or files sections.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back