Prediction Premiership hangover is it real ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Just wanted peoples thoughts on this seems like alot of the boys have still been partying alot.. races etc i know they deserve it but they do get paid alot of money to play football not to party and i did hear hodgey say they made the mistake after 2008 for partying longer than they should have....

It's very real, we should expect a drop off but let's hope it's not a dogsesque type drop off. I think most players still enjoy this time of year I know Ellis was still training while he was away, was taking personal training over on Bali. It's good that Dimma was at the Hawks when they won as he would've seen first hand what the drop off looks like, can only assume he warned the group of it. Anyway, it gives the younger guys and guys like Lloyd, miles etc incentive to work harder and to reclaim their spots.

It's very real, we should expect a drop off but let's hope it's not a dogsesque type drop off. I think most players still enjoy this time of year I know Ellis was still training while he was away, was taking personal training over on Bali. It's good that Dimma was at the Hawks when they won as he would've seen first hand what the drop off looks like, can only assume he warned the group of it. Anyway, it gives the younger guys and guys like Lloyd, miles etc incentive to work harder and to reclaim their spots.
Why should we expect a drop off, im expecting us to finish top 4 again.

Why should we expect a drop off, im expecting us to finish top 4 again.
Agreed !! All this partying doesnt sound like they are even ready to go with pre season gonna be a major setback i think other teams will be hungrier than us now which i dont like.. seems half the team have been at every race meeting so far in spring carnival and brandos only just gone to bali whats with that ??

Harder draw, much more even competition, we'll be hunted etc etc. A drop off may be 1 game less that kicks us out of the top 4. That's what I think anyway.
Harder draw hardly, 14 MCG games, 1 less interstate game and double ups against 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 11th and 13th. Thats a draw from heaven, 4 of those double ups is what a team finishing last could be dealt.

Agreed !! All this partying doesnt sound like they are even ready to go with pre season gonna be a major setback i think other teams will be hungrier than us now which i dont like.. seems half the team have been at every race meeting so far in spring carnival and brandos only just gone to bali whats with that ??
Pre season training starts on nov 27 for 1-4 years and the rest follow one week later, its their holidays they can do whatever the hell they like and from what i read the players have been given off season programs to complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty’s off season is just business as usual.
Cotch, Rance and Jack are too professional to come back less than 100%.
Same with Grigg, Houli, Ellis.
I think the other players will respond to their leadership, especially given the heavy competition for most spots.

Harder draw hardly, 14 MCG games, 1 less interstate game and double ups against 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 11th and 13th. Thats a draw from heaven, 4 of those double ups is what a team finishing last could be dealt.
Add in not playing the 2017 Premiers at all and play every side under them at least once.

People keep saying they expect a Hawks or dogs like regression but our best players are moving into their prime.

Hawks in 08 had Rioli, Lewis, Buddy, Roughy and Birchall all 22/3 and younger

Dogs had Bont, McRae, Stringer, Libba, Hunter, Johannisen etc... in a similar age group to the Hawks. This was us in 2013-14, now our best players are in that 26-30 age group.

We should be competing for top 4 again, the problem is the competition is harder again this year for top 4, Sydney and crows will be there abouts, GAJ should make the cats better (barring injuries, a real possibility, losing some vets might hurt tho too), Port will be better and GWS will be another year older.

Plus probably another 6 sides under that have the potential with a soft draw to get on a roll and make top 4.

I rekon a lot depends on individual players hunger , as a players ultimate goal is to win a flag and they’ve all done that now . But I think this group will have more hunger and want more flags

Nah I don't think there will be a hangover. In fact, I think we may become even stronger next season (though we may not win the Premiership).

Although we do have a young side, much of our best 22 are expected to be in the 25-30 range in the 2018 season. Hence, they are not overly inexperienced nor in the "cliff" zone. Bulldogs' core players in their 2016 Premiership were either in the young and relatively inexperienced range or in the 30+ "cliff" zone. Therefore, we are probably much better equipped to defend our title.

Also, many of our senior players went through a lot of disappointments and failure in their time at Richmond. So, I don't think they'll take the position that they are in for granted.

I know Rance is still training and Astbbury has been training as well. Tigers make good click bait. It was a decent drought that got broken and it's always easier to post pics of a bloke/s kicking back having beers rather than them doing personal training.
It's a bloody hard thing to back up. Tiges are a 1 in 18 chance of winning again. That's the only relevant stat right now.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Harder draw, much more even competition, we'll be hunted etc etc. A drop off may be 1 game less that kicks us out of the top 4. That's what I think anyway.
The way we played in the final 6 weeks.We could win the flag from 18th.:D
Doggies did it in 2016,Timed their run perfectly and (even won an interstate final to boot).
The bye before the finals opens it all up so finishing 5th-8th isn't as daunting as it use to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back