Toast Premiership player; Nathan Brown retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on a wonderful career Browny. One of my absolute favourites for the way he played his role and was absolutely crucial to our premiership success. I remember the excitement I felt in his debut against Freo, holding Pav to a goal, only to back it up against big Jono Brown. I remember feeling such disappointment hearing about his acl tear in 2011, knowing that he was hitting his stride and could be the difference between ultimate success and failure that year.

I'll always have a soft spot for Browny, a true premiership hero. Best of luck for the future.

Highlights? Difficult to go past game 49 and game 50.

d85cb1e2bc54f6774a7fe6d1f8d264c7

r0_176_3000_1871_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Good on ya Browny, you redeemed yourself after a childhood barracking for the tankers. If only we could all elevate ourselves in such legendary fashion.

Always felt that this little clip summed him up perfectly, it's forever etched in my memory;

Omitted Collingwood defenders Tyson Goldsack and Nathan Brown philosophical after being dropped ahead of the biggest game of the season - the 2010 Grand Final.

"Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a massive team man and team player. I always have [been], always will be ... so it's not about me and it never has been," Brown said.

"It's about the team and it's about Collingwood and it's about the 22 other blokes out there on the park. That's all that matters to me."

Brown Reid and Dawes, three quarters of our premiership key position spine, all drafted in the same year with our first three picks.

It’s a shame for various reasons their careers didn’t pan out perfectly but they were there at the right place at the right time and are now part of Collingwoods proud history.

Without that knee injury Brown could have been a career Magpie.

A true great re..

Reiwoldt probably shat himself thinking they were Browny's footsteps only to find it was Shawry's.

Browny deserves some of the credit for the smother of the millennium re.

Thanks for the memories Brown.

Love ya.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His two 2010 Grand Finals where no question the best games of his career - key reason why we didn't lose the first time round, and he again blanketed Riewoldt a week later.

Think playing 180 games for a guy who was a real trier, albeit with limited ability, is a great achievement.

Enjoy retirement, Nathan.

They were also the last two games he played before doing his ACL.

Congratulations on a wonderful career Browny. One of my absolute favourites for the way he played his role and was absolutely crucial to our premiership success. I remember the excitement I felt in his debut against Freo, holding Pav to a goal, only to back it up against big Jono Brown. I remember feeling such disappointment hearing about his acl tear in 2011, knowing that he was hitting his stride and could be the difference between ultimate success and failure that year.

I'll always have a soft spot for Browny, a true premiership hero. Best of luck for the future.
Yep, what a first year. A real no frills old school defender. Dependable and a good team man. Did well to recover from his ACL and to still contribute at a high level.

Gee kind of just drifted out of afl..

Dont think anyone but Collingwood and st kilda fans would notice his gone

Forgot he did his knee 2011 .
.maybe with him and beams we win that GF

All the best in retirement Browny, and congratulations on a great career. The jobs he did on Riewoldt in 2010 will long be remembered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back