Rumour Premiership Tiger star in trouble with the law - Nathan Broad named as The Photographer

Remove this Banner Ad

So we can’t rely on or expect footballers to alter their behaviour when it’s wrong... but we should expect woman to alter their behaviour as required?

No they should both alter their behaviour, he shouldn't circulate private photos without consent and she should be more careful who she allows to take private photos of her or not allow those types of photos to be taken at all.

If there is potential for embarrassment with a photo being circulated then the smartest thing to do is to not allow the photo to be taken in the first place.

You can't circulate something that doesn't exist.

Plugger: Would you be willing to accept that I know more of the specifics than you, given my position on BF?

Well I'm only going by what I've heard in the media, I'm not sure what other specifics there are but I doubt it would change my opinion that she's partly at fault for this incident by allowing the photo to be taken.

So your answer is ..No, I didn't have the same moral outrage.

In one instants you lay blame to the victim and the offender/s.

The other you throw buzz words around like 'agency'.
I implied that people respect the agency of Cloke more because they acknowledge his foolish decision which contributed to him being the victim of something and the lessons that could be learned from it.

If someone says that Cloke was foolish but takes a hard-line approach of 'don't victim blame this woman. Her actions in no way whatsoever put her at risk of a person doing a campaignerish thing and creating embarrassment' this actually shows more respect for Cloke than the woman as he is an adult who has some power over his own destiny as she is just a helpless victim etc. In fact it can show a soft sexism as they respect a mans control of his destiny in the world more than that of a woman.

I will also point out that in my view the best way to avoid people becoming victims of this is to educate people not to do it AND to educate people how to mitigate their risk.

Well I'm only going by what I've heard in the media, I'm not sure what other specifics there are but I doubt it would change my opinion that she's partly at fault for this incident by allowing the photo to be taken.

Well you aren’t actually coz multiple sources today have reiterated my point that she isn’t some “groupie tramp” and in fact they had a pre existing relationship...but you maintain that’s lip service.

If there is potential for embarrassment with a photo being circulated then the smartest thing to do is to not allow the photo to be taken in the first place.

You can't circulate something that doesn't exist.

There is no question that abstinence is always a fool proof solution I guess my question is where do we draw the line...? Does this argument also extend to photos shared between long term partners? Those that are married? If not at what point in a relationship does blame shift? Partners have shared intimate photos for decades...do we just assume now thanks to mobiles that’s never safe anymore not matter who it is?

I understand your argument and I can see we will never agree but just some things worth considering ...

Isn't this what happened: Two young people: a footy player on the best day of his life, a young woman enjoying the day too, make a stupid mistake and take a pic. He sends it on, stupidly. Drunk, but feeling like he rules the world.
Pic gets sent around by others
I mean, I've seen blokes do horrible things to women, but this one in terms of malice, falls, as the lawyers say, in the lower range.
It's not a hanging offence - he regrets it, she regrets it. - and it won't be the last time young folk get blow back from social media.

If someone says that Cloke was foolish but takes a hard-line approach of 'don't victim blame this woman. Her actions in no way whatsoever put her at risk of a person doing a campaignerish thing and creating embarrassment' this actually shows more respect for Cloke than the woman as he is an adult who has some power over his own destiny as she is just a helpless victim etc. In fact it can show a soft sexism as they respect a mans control of his destiny in the world more than that of a woman.

HAHAHHA.... This would have to be the most doublespeak logic I have ever seen.

So you are saying the difference between the two cases is that although Coke and Swan were victims too, society placed more oneness on them to not send the pictures in the first place, thus 'empowering' them.

It is a win win argument.

If you 'victim blame' a women, you are sexist against women. ( Pretty logical conclusion btw)

If you 'victim blame' a man, you are being sexist against women.

Also, saying to a women or man for that matter, 'Don't send or allow pictures of yourself to be taken by others, as there is a chance they may send them off illegally and you have limited control over that" is different to saying "I know you are in the right and the victim here, but you are also partly to blame and I say this because I believe you have control over your destiny."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHAHHA.... This would have to be the most doublespeak logic I have ever seen.

So you are saying the difference between the two cases is that although Coke and Swan were victims too, society placed more oneness on them to not send the pictures in the first place, thus 'empowering' them.

It is a win win argument.

If you 'victim blame' a women, you are sexist against women. ( Pretty logical conclusion btw)

If you 'victim blame' a man, you are being sexist against women.

Also, saying to a women or man for that matter, 'Don't send or allow pictures of yourself to be taken by others, as there is a chance they may send them off illegally and you have limited control over that" is different to saying "I know you are in the right and the victim here, but you are also partly to blame and I say this because I believe you have control over your destiny."
Society shows less empathy toward men.

Men are also held accountable for their actions to a greater extent.

You know who do not get held accountable for their actions to the same extent as adult men? Children. And doing so is correct.

However when people do not apply the same standards to adult women when they make mistakes as they do men then they slip into the teritory of treating women like children.

The people that do this think they are well intentioned and often throw the label of 'sexist' or 'mysogynist' toward others. There are a large amount of benevolent sexists on this site.

Seems this argument has made people all moist with excitement.

The media love it, plays into the whole 3rd wave feminism daily life columnists bang on about. Suits the popular narrative perfectly that men take advantage of poor defenseless women.

Now broad is pretty dumb for sending it on as it is actually a criminal offense, but as many have pointed out there was little outrage pointed at females who passed on pictures of naked footballers.

So while some on here go to the other extreme and think she’s some groupie whore because she had a naked picture taken, why? Do you men view women who have let you taken naked pictures of them more poorly? And if so why? Seems a weird double standard

Seems this argument has made people all moist with excitement.

The media love it, plays into the whole 3rd wave feminism daily life columnists bang on about. Suits the popular narrative perfectly that men take advantage of poor defenseless women.

Now broad is pretty dumb for sending it on as it is actually a criminal offense, but as many have pointed out there was little outrage pointed at females who passed on pictures of naked footballers.

So while some on here go to the other extreme and think she’s some groupie whore because she had a naked picture taken, why? Do you men view women who have let you taken naked pictures of them more poorly? And if so why? Seems a weird double standard
Not at all, men view women who have let them take naked pictures of them more often...

A reliable source who works in the footy department for RFC has told me that Nathan Broad is taking the fall for this nude scandal. He couldn't go into detail because he isn't in the "inner inner circle of the club" but believes a few more were involved including 1 or 2 in the leadership group. Undisclosed settlement was also paid. Should this be investigated further?

There was little outrage pointed at females who passed on pictures of naked footballers.
When Travis Cloke and Dane Swan had their photos released to the media, it didn't seem to have the same moral outrage, why ? ( Genuine question, I am asking myself that question too.)
Clementine Ford called out Woman's Day and the women involved in the treatment of Cloke/Swan.

I'm sure most people are disappointed to hear it, but there was a fair backlash for the publication of those photos.

I've got no sympathy for either of them.

Last edited:
Just to be clear this isn’t anyway a grey area. Legally.

A person sending or allowing you to take a private image does not equal consent to share that image.

The law in Victoria is now very clear that a private image of an individual shared with out prior consent is done so in contravention of the law and can result in jail time. It doesn’t matter if someone was a stripper, it doesn’t matter if the individual was someone you just met that evening and never see again, it doesn’t matter if it was texted to you from a tinder match OR is a PRIVATE image shared and/or taken between two individuals in some line of relationship.

Sharing it without consent regardless of whether you explicitly stated you didn’t want them to or requested it be deleted is not just morally abhorrent but it is illegal.

As for the distribution of said image via the media I am unclear as to the legalities surrounding that but it’s obviously a good point.

No one was ever going to jail for sending a photo! Everyone should be happy. She has got a nice little payout and Broad has got a few games off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back