News Pres standing down end 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So the club's constitution only allows the President to serve for 8 years ?

Why isnt the new President voted in rather than just appointed by the outgoing ?
I think the board will have appointed Ace.

I could be wrong but wasn't there talk last week or sometime recently about him potentially being able to extend longer? If the board voted to allow him to or some such loophole.
I suppose in that sense there's always a way to cause problems in the transition of people in powerful positions. I hadn't heard talk of him wanting to create problems and extend himself beyond the rules.

Love that we're getting on the front foot with this.

No Tom Browne special exclusive, no 3 week process to find a replacement with the media breathing down our necks.

Just a simple announcement to say he's seeing out the year, has a few major priorities to make sure he wraps up, and this is the bloke who is taking the reins.

Good timing as well, will probably give a few people in the footy department a kick up the arse, wanting to make sure that they're seen to be pulling their weight.

In some ways it would have been nice to get some fresh eyes in the role, rather than someone who is already part of the program. Probably downsides to that as well though, and either way there's now a spot on the board that opens up for us to bring in someone new.

I suppose in that sense there's always a way to cause problems in the transition of people in powerful positions. I hadn't heard talk of him wanting to create problems and extend himself beyond the rules.
I don't think it was about causing a problem or breaking rules. It's within the rules, though the decision wouldn't have been up to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Sayers background is perfect for what we need. His background in accounting and more importantly change management. Goes into businesses, identifies problems and implements procedures to fix them.

Sounds perfect
Agree with you, exactly what’s needed for board & administration enhancement, and good maintance. Go Blues

Would you like to give some examples?
Communication lines of email goes missing and hear about important info after the fact.
Voting rights adjusted without any communication.
Closed shop on how board positions are manipulated.
Changing list management for bullshit communicated reasons.
Keeping the coaching set up virtually the same after seriously falling behind where we should be.
Questionable marketing membership tactics that does not look on sound footing long term.
Not passing on barcode for VFL matches wanted to attend.

Love that we're getting on the front foot with this.

No Tom Browne special exclusive, no 3 week process to find a replacement with the media breathing down our necks.

Just a simple announcement to say he's seeing out the year, has a few major priorities to make sure he wraps up, and this is the bloke who is taking the reins.

Good timing as well, will probably give a few people in the footy department a kick up the arse, wanting to make sure that they're seen to be pulling their weight.

In some ways it would have been nice to get some fresh eyes in the role, rather than someone who is already part of the program. Probably downsides to that as well though, and either way there's now a spot on the board that opens up for us to bring in someone new.

Yes Mark Lo Giudice has served the club competently and is leaving us in a healthy, respectable position.
The professionalism in which it was executed is so refreshing far from the mayhem when Lo Giudice took up his position back in the day.
We appreciate the due diligence and hard work through this tenure, will be remembered as one of the important CFC Presidents.

Well done to Mark on a fantastic presidency.

Had his doubters (and I didn't particularly like some of the conduct early on) but we're flying off-field and he leaves the club in a much better place than he was when he started.

And that's all he can be judged on.

And lastly a huge thank you to Mark in particular for having the balls to start and oversee the rebuild. It won't result in on-field success during his tenure, but it was necessary and I believe it will be fruitful.

The most defining moment of his tenure, one that others never had the courage to call

Only knock on that three seasons isn't long enough to rebuild and challenge. But the rebuild had to happen, no question.

Only knock on that three seasons isn't long enough to rebuild and challenge. But the rebuild had to happen, no question.

Since the inception of the draft, 1981, 7 presidents ignored the most important aspect/department of a footy club, talent ID and list management

Some of them, should have called the rebuild earlier, especially after of salary breaches, but they didn't, too arrogant to acknowledge we had to bottom out properly, rather than the constant yoyo finishes

Anyone knocking MLG, I raise you some of our most recent presidents;

Elliot, Collins, Smorgon, Kernahan

MLG has done a fine job and no one can begrudge the effort in particular in eradicating debt, AFLW license, facilities, and pushing for Princes Park to be home of AFLW. Obviously would be nice if the off-field successes would have brought about more on-field but his job is not to just focus or be involved with the on-field side of things, president there to ensure we don't get to the stage where we need to hand back the keys to AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back