News Pres standing down end 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations guys your president did a great job rebuilding the club from a very low base it found itself in when he took over and has put in place some really good things. My daughter is a corporate lawyer with a city firm that has a lot to do with Carlton and going by her words this is a brilliant appointment and one thats been in the making for a while now. Luke Sayers is a great appointment.

Please desist from justifying a successful rebuild the day the president who starts it exits the club after the original coach, general manager, ceo and recruiting manager have departed. If Teague is replaced and we make finals 8 or 9 seasons after the rebuild's commencement, please do not start claiming you were right all along, legitimised by hyperextended time frames

Rebuilds are about the commencements, footings, structures, no matter who takes ownership along the way. Each person plays a part.

MLG set the wheels in motion

Will Judd leave a gap though? Doesn't seem like much has been done in football dept in last 12months.
Irrespective of whether one may think Judd has or has not done enough in this role, if Judd is standing down then next appointment is crucial. Who could it be, and who should it be? I don't see anyone on current board taking this, so who would be a good candidate who would also be supportive in this role?

is that all a Football Director is supposed to do? protect the Board from criticism? thought maybe it might be ensuring good systems in place for coach selection and recruiting, list management and development. Football stuff.

How does anyone know if he hasn't ticked those boxes

Who would have the final say? Lloyd, Austin?

Judd would be there to ensure process strategies are adhered too

Love Chris Judd as a player but not convinced he was that great a Football Director. Feel like as a playing legend he was there to act as a human shield protecting the other directors from the rank and file supporters.
Seems to get a free pass , many want to call for the Pres to go , the Coach and just about everyone in the Football dept when our onfield performance is crap. Never see any pressure/calls on Judd to resign.

I'd prefer another ex player to replace Judd as director of football. Not many names spring to mind, what is Prendergast doing now? Remember he was involved with AFLPA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to get a free pass , many want to call for the Pres to go , the Coach and just about everyone in the Football dept when our onfield performance is crap. Never see any pressure/calls on Judd to resign.
Plenty going on behind the scenes, Judd going as well. Maybe we get a footy director that can hold the footy department to account

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Plenty going on behind the scenes, Judd going as well. Maybe we get a footy director that can hold the footy department to account

I am intrigued as to some possible names... I have no idea, but I am sure some here will be able to give some names of people who could work cohesively with the board, but also challenge ways of thinking...

BTW... Just a couple of other things... Is it appropriate to rename this thread to Pres and Judd standing down end 2021 (or have a separate thread re Footy Director)? I see this as a crucial position moving forward... I'd love to hear the thoughts of others and who would be good possible candidates, and I am not sure if it will get lost in other threads.
Also, not sure if I have said it before, but I am grateful to C Judd for his willingness to serve in this capacity. Being on Board such as this involves significant legal and fiduciary aspects, as also a time commitment. Thanks to C Judd and MLG

I'd prefer another ex player to replace Judd as director of football. Not many names spring to mind, what is Prendergast doing now? Remember he was involved with AFLPA.

What about Sellers or David Rhys Jones ? They seem to be experts on all things Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he is taking the path towards something like CEO or some other executive position? As I see it, due to COI he would have to resign his current position to be on the Board...
Carlton Board roles are unpaid, its highly unlikely he would resign from paid role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back