Training Preseason 2018

Who is the recruit you are most looking forward to seeing at family day?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lukosius in Port gear.
Jack-Lukosius-Port-1200x501.jpg
It would make my decade if he made it on to our list in the 2018 draft.

Choose one, Lukosius or Rankine?
F**k... that is a tough question. I'll go Lukosius, because he looks as close to a sure thing as a KPF as possible, and a great KPF is like gold. Rankine is an absolute beauty of a mid and I'd love to have him on the list, however great mids are more common than great KPFs.

If Lukosius can replicate what he did in last year's finals a few times this year he's going top 3 at worst.

I certainly have the feeling that our trading in of picks was to spend up big on targeting a kid in the draft.

Choose one, Lukosius or Rankine?
Take Lukosius and hope Rankine is drafted by Gold Coast, both would be in our starting 18 within three years.

This would be a fantastic choice to have if it didn't mean we would have to finish stone cold last.

Another SA boy, Connor Rozee, isn't too far from this conversation.

Or we could trade our 1st and 2nd round picks for a higher 1st round.

Unlikely as we will need picks for academy players in 2018. And F/S in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's what the neighbours have in plan already, they've got Lukosius in their sights big time.

Hopefully we have a bit better reputation as the club to deal with.

Hopefully we have a bit better reputation as the club to deal with.
Yes, but they've Melbourne's first round pick, so they've a lot more currency. If results were the same as this year they'd be trying to turn 10 + 17 into something higher, us 12 + 26 (Saints second). That's a s**t load of difference. If we're serious about Lukosius (or Rankine) we'll need to get a good quality player traded out to improve our position. That's starting 18 player, not a fringe player like Broadbent. I'd go further and say to turn 12 into a top 3 picks it'd need to involve one of SPP, Ryder, R. Gray, Wines, Wingard or Dixon. I wouldn't be doing a trade of 12 + any of them for a top 3 pick. Outside of that it's hoping for that miracle trade of fringe + 26 for a better pick, then that pick + 12. Which never work outside Playstation or the delusions that propagate people's trade proposals that have their club stealing a star for 3 4th rounders and 2 spuds under quantity = quality.

Lukosius, IMO he is the best key forward prospect from this state since Stephen Kernahan.
I'm really not sure, I've seen only Rankine play and I think he can be at Gav/McLeod levels of good. If you agree with my statement, do you take Kernahan over Gav?

I doubt adding a 2nd rounder to our 1st would result in us getting an earlier first rounder.
I think it would increase our first draft pick but will it be enough to get the likes of Rankine? No, if we finish we're we finish top or close to it.

Back