Training Preseason 2019 - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips, TBC, Smith and Gleeson were doing running drill together. Was c. 200 metres at around 3/4 pace and about a minute between sprints.

Phillips moves well and kept up with Smith and Gleeson. TBC trailed off badly after about the third rep. Eventually he stopped about two reps before the others - wasn’t management or anything, he was just absolutely gassed. He’s in good nick, looked really good actually, he just has no tank whatsoever.

Mutch would be my bolter for 2020 if we were taking bets.

Has always had a good tank and can find the footy from his numbers at VFL (When healthy). Didn't look too far out of place at AFL level when he has got on the park but staying fit will be the key.

Mutch would be my bolter for 2020 if we were taking bets.

Has always had a good tank and can find the footy from his numbers at VFL (When healthy). Didn't look too far out of place at AFL level when he has got on the park but staying fit will be the key.
Not sure where he breaks in. Relatively slow, not a great kick and as you say has had the injury issues this year (played 18 games apiece the previous two seasons). I think this is a make or break year for him.

Big wraps on Townsend on Blitz.

Mutch kicks on both sides... not well?
Reasons Blitz should be ignored

Doesn't have much penetration. He's just okay.

Some of those videos still look extremely light on for players. I know some are in the modified group and should be back in the next week or two.

Still no Hooker, Daniher and Merrett at all? Who else?

Reasons Blitz should be ignored

Doesn't have much penetration. He's just okay.

I assume this was in reference to his training intensity rather than his skill level.

If correct, then this is great. He’s come from the dominant team of the past 3 years, he’s showing that this is how winners train.

I assume this was in reference to his training intensity rather than his skill level.

If correct, then this is great. He’s come from the dominant team of the past 3 years, he’s showing that this is how winners train.

If he can get the team used to being smashed in tackles that would be appreciated. Maybe they'll stop hospital handballing to teammates then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jane Bunn has been axed by Channel 7.

Whoever does the threads in 2020 has to think of another attractive weathergirl.

EDIT: Only 3AW, not Channel 7. It's all good. As you were.

Last edited:
Bazza’a leadership group for this season...only one surprise

Hepp
Hooker
Hurley
Shiel
Smith
Stringer or McKernan

Smack seems popular with the group
Stringer or McKernan over Merrett.
...not sure if there's enough distance between Jakey and his teen fling yet. He's the example for the young boys.
McKernan maybe as inconsistent as Merrett these days, so maybe they break even. Walla, given the odds he's beaten to become who he is and his professionalism, deserves a leadership role. He smote Fantasia in that respect.

Reckon Parish and McGrath might be there in a year or two.

Stringer or McKernan over Merrett.
...not sure if there's enough distance between Jakey and his teen fling yet. He's the example for the young boys.
McKernan maybe as inconsistent as Merrett these days, so maybe they break even. Walla, given the odds he's beaten to become who he is and his professionalism, deserves a leadership role. He smote Fantasia in that respect.

Reckon Parish and McGrath might be there in a year or two.
Merrett’s a good call. Was thinking we need a forward and Joe and Raz are out. Was thinking Tippa, not sure if he’d be interested. Prefer Smack to Stringer, not only liked but seems some of the younger guys look up to him.

Honestly not sure why we get so caught up in the concept of a "Leadership Group". If you're a leader on field it will show, whether or not you have that tag.

Honestly not sure why we get so caught up in the concept of a "Leadership Group". If you're a leader on field it will show, whether or not you have that tag.
Because the club does? Maybe you should write a letter to the board expressing your concern.

Could apply the same rationale to jumper numbers, but you seem to like getting caught up in that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back