Training Preseason 2019 - 2020

"Michael Hurley, Devon Smith, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Jake Stringer were among the experienced players making an early start, with Essendon's full list set to train together for the first time on November 25."

(more pics in the link)

Devon Smith back in training :hearteyes:

View attachment 780956
That is a D Clarke like ball drop

I think when it comes to guys like Hooker and Hurley it doesn't matter so much. It's an empty title. If you're a leader you'll do it anyway, whether or not you're part of the "Leadership group".
I have a friend who's captain of the Australian womens ice hockey team, she gets pissed off when people bring it up because as far as she's concerned she's just another member of the team.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Disappointed to see Langford at training early.

I was hoping that he'd spent his preseason on a bender brawling with locals in pubs.

The less time he spends at training intensity, farting around, the better.

I noticed in champion data's draft rankings they had Brodie Kemp as plays like: Kyle Langford.

Now there's a fair old torch to bear...

lol. but also, they've spliced in some questions with James Kelly in there. I wish they'd just interview him properly.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Langford is still 22 years old, he gets marked way too harshly IMO, good developing kid who is about to come into his prime years.

Will make a few people eat their words in 2020.

And to do that he'd going to need to seriously work on his intensity.

We need reptile Langford. I don't see the point if he's just another one paced accumulator and pseudo inside mid.

Last edited:
More pics for Howie. Howard Moon

McKernanNov25Training.png
RidleyNov25Training.png
StringerNov25Training.png
SnellingSmithNov25Training.png
FantasiaNov25Training.png
BegleyNov25Training.png
SmithNov25Training.png
MutchNov25Training.png
LaverdeNov25Training.png
BellchambersNov25Training.png