Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So now that he have recruited a Rioli, will the flag come this year or next? Fun stat is that when ever a team has drafted a Rioli they have gone on to win the flag in the first or second season at the club.
Except Maurice.

2017 prelim, 4 goals against GWS, had him earmarked for small forward greatness.

Seems to be very much a role player now.

And I’m not understating the importance of our small forwards to our game style however you rarely see the flair we saw from him back then. These days seems very much mechanical
Has never been the same since he did his ankle in the 17GF.

So now that he have recruited a Rioli, will the flag come this year or next? Fun stat is that when ever a team has drafted a Rioli they have gone on to win the flag in the first or second season at the club.
Crows bid for the wrong bloke.Bid on Hagen instead of Rioli.

They have given Chol a good run.
It will be an important year for Chol and CCJ.
Some players have done a lot worse than what CCJ did over previous years.

Has never been the same since he did his ankle in the 17GF.
That was a bad injury, maybe it’s had lasting affects

I think it was 2018 that he copped some big hits too I remember one in particular against GWS in a marking contest. He seemed to lose his confidence in contested situations after that.

I don’t know if our small forward group are a lock. George, Dan R, Aarts all did a job in 2020 but don’t reckon you could say that any of them are in the top echelon of small forwards in the competition.

I could see Shedda, Shai, playing some extra forward minutes particularly if young midfielders like Ross, Martyn, RCD force their way in.
And Junior will hopefully be putting his hand up for a permanent small forward role if not this year 22,23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was 2018 that he copped some big hits too I remember one in particular against GWS in a marking contest. He seemed to lose his confidence in contested situations after that.

I don’t know if our small forward group are a lock. George, Dan R, Aarts all did a job in 2020 but don’t reckon you could say that any of them are in the top echelon of small forwards in the competition.

I could see Shedda, Shai, playing some extra forward minutes particularly if young midfielders like Ross, Martyn, RCD force their way in.
And Junior will hopefully be putting his hand up for a permanent small forward role if not this year 22,23.
Thought Rioli got better the longer the season went. Agree regarding the hits he took, brave, but they took their toll. Keep waiting for a breakout year, maybe this year, he has the skillset to go to a higher level.

Maybe with junior coming in to play the pressure roll (if he comes in), then Dan can come up the ground further. In one of the finals 2020, his ability to push up to the wing/half back to transition the ball into our forward half was really important and he did it really well. Might be the confidence booster he needs.

As funny as it sounds I'd love to see more of George up the ground more often.Yes he's kaos but hell the oppos wouldn't have a clue either.lol.
I wouldn't underestimate our small fwd setup.Turnovers they cause has got us in part 3 flags
But can you imagine a fwd line with Bolton/Sheds/Dusty & the Rioli's.
Delicious!

As funny as it sounds I'd love to see more of George up the ground more often.Yes he's kaos but hell the oppos wouldn't have a clue either.lol.
I wouldn't underestimate our small fwd setup.Turnovers they cause has got us in part 3 flags
Delicious!
It happened in the GF two years ago, stop pushing your luck.

Delicious!
I'm a George fan...all the small fwds work the whole field. Aarts did huge pack spoil almost in the oppo goal square.

Delicious!
Our small forwards know exactly what their role is, how many times do you hear Dimma talking about getting the process right and the results will follow.

I know it does my head in some games sitting there watching George, Daniel hardly touching it but at the end of the day we win and they play their part.

Still love watching the pure forward craft of Shai and Shedda when they do venture forward

I've felt a bit weird referring to this period as a dynasty... Not that I don't think we deserve it. I can't really explain it, but if we threepeat then I won't have any issues at all.
If we 3-peat we will be on 14 flags. My issue will be that we're 1 behind Collingwood
If we 4-peat we will be on 15 flags. My issue will be that we're 1 behind Essendon and Carlton.
If we 5-peat we level top so I would like a 6-peat before I have no issues :p :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back