Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

There are normally one or two new players in a premiership team each year.
Would like to see Will Martyn selected for Thursday, can target the Carlton emerging talent.
He blends in well and can hit hard.
Fearless approach.
It's not a "zero sum game", do not discount the other hopeful aspiring players, just hope to see him play.
You need a little bit of unpredictability at times, no successful team is stagnant.
I only see cads and aarts as INS

I only see cads and aarts as INS
Caddy for houli: Caddy missed quite a bit last year so he'll be hungry. Which was evident in the preseason. Then if Prestia is unfit, RCD or Ross gotta be at the top of the list of replacements. Although westerburg is my top Replacement

Great press conference by Dimma.
Was asked about Dusty "improving" at training, running, fitness, so on.
Dimma had a bit of a wry smile when he was asked if Dusty could "improve" as a player.

Hugo & Riley are the 2 players i really want accelerated in their development this year
both these boys have that X factor that makes players elite and i would love to see these 2 kids make the grade
Stack for me, has proven he has the talent to be a real star. Comes down to determination and attitude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year we all witnessed what no or less training did to us early in season.
Brisbane,Geelong, richmond, saints, collingwood,all playing below ability .
Us and geelong had 5 weeks less pre season,which is the main reason most of last year's finalist are not at their best.
It's a mirror of our past seasons with a early flogging happening to us every year .
Stack,ccj come back next round and both will be considered for seniors if they play well.
It was also 33 degrees which does not favour melbourne teams who never play in these conditions.
We have won 3 of 4 flags all in changing game plans.
Wet grounds coming will change the game big time with heavier grounds.
It's A long long season boys,we were sapped which hats today.

Last year we all witnessed what no or less training did to us early in season.
Brisbane,Geelong, richmond, saints, collingwood,all playing below ability .
Us and geelong had 5 weeks less pre season,which is the main reason most of last year's finalist are not at their best.
It's a mirror of our past seasons with a early flogging happening to us every year .
Stack,ccj come back next round and both will be considered for seniors if they play well.
It was also 33 degrees which does not favour melbourne teams who never play in these conditions.
We have won 3 of 4 flags all in changing game plans.
Wet grounds coming will change the game big time with heavier grounds.
It's A long long season boys,we were sapped which hats today.
Spot on, I think the weather conditions and our lack of hard training, plus injuries killed us. And the fact that they could do no wrong didn’t help us either!!!
That said, Swans played very very good footy. Only query on them is can their young group sustain it for the entirety of the season? Doubtful but gotta say they were impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back