Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

2.5 weeks until first competitive* footy

Why isn’t anyone on here soiling their dacks with excitement yet ?

* competitive for carlton, pre-season premiers
Wrong board.
Carlton/Essendon/Norf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Garth did need more size to compete with the likes of Hawkins , Dixon etc , so good to see

but he also needs a good run with injury
and to be able to get ball to boot quicker

he will need some practice games and VFL time after having a wipe out in 2020 with covid and injury
Looks like Garth & RCD have physically matured that bit more. I think of him as Grimes replacement

Looks like Garth & RCD have physically matured that bit more. I think of him as Grimes replacement
Grimes is extremely quick for his size. Garth will never replace Grimes.
Garth would be more of a Astbury replacement of anything.

Remember Grimes can play on all types of Forwards. Small, Medium and even the Gorillas.

With the Prestia injury news, you’d think that one of RCD or Ross will be a mainstay in the early part of the season. Ross is probably more logical, but I kinda wanna see what RCD would have.

Hopefully Richmond will broadcast the Richmond vs Melbourne scratch match next week so that we can see how both of them go in the midfield. Will we have an intraclub this week like other clubs?

With the Prestia injury news, you’d think that one of RCD or Ross will be a mainstay in the early part of the season. Ross is probably more logical, but I kinda wanna see what RCD would have.

Hopefully Richmond will broadcast the Richmond vs Melbourne scratch match next week so that we can see how both of them go in the midfield. Will we have an intraclub this week like other clubs?

i wouldn't underestimate what they think of Dow and Martyn as well ....

Parden my ignorance, but what happened to Prestia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wouldn't underestimate what they think of Dow and Martyn as well ....
how many players in a team for a practice match? 26? Play lots of kids Cumberland too. Miller, Nyoun Mansell

Great photo of Jase C from the camp the other day.
Almost slotted two goals in 3Q of the Grand Final, key quarter.
Skewed the ball from right to left, out of reach of four grasping defenders on the goal line.
Brilliant skills.
Hours and hours of dedication and training for our success.

Too all you Tiger gurus who follow this club and seem to know what's happening? What chance does no 42 have of kicking 20 plus goals this 2021 season? I would love some feedback? cheers.

Looking at the photos Dow won’t be far off

Grimes is extremely quick for his size. Garth will never replace Grimes.
Garth would be more of a Astbury replacement of anything.

Remember Grimes can play on all types of Forwards. Small, Medium and even the Gorillas.
I thought Garth's biggest issue was that he couldn't handle the gorillas and was though of more as a third tall ? (Hence, I assume the Grimes comparison, not a replacement for Grimes per se but a replacement third tall).

Is he tall/big enough to ever be a key Backman ? Despite being played forward for his development I saw Miller as being more the Astbury type.

It will be interesting (if Biggie develops as hoped) which way they go, with Broad still young and Balta just starting and smashing it. This transitional phase for the next few years will be interesting.

2023/4/5 possibles

b. Mansell Balta Garth
hb. Broad Miller Vlastuin

Biggie ?

Short, Baker (&Stack) up the field.

Then there's Cumberland as well and I guess more to come...

Last edited:
I thought Garth's biggest issue was that we couldn't handle the gorillas and was though of more as a third tall ? (Hence the Grimes comparison, not a replacement for Grimes per se but a replacement third tall).

Is he tall/big enough to ever be a key Backman ? Despite being played forward for his development I saw Miller as being more the Astbury type.

It will be interesting (if Biggie develops as hoped) which way they go with Broad still young and Balta just starting and smashing it. This transitional phase for the next few years will be interesting.
That's why Garth won't make it IMO.
Too small for the Gorillas and too slow to play 3rd man up. 3rd man up sits in the whole inbetween groups. Garth is that slow he will never halve the contest.
Good depth and that's about it.
Great for injury cover but will never be a full time replacement for anyone on our list.

That's why Garth won't make it IMO.
Too small for the Gorillas and too slow to play 3rd man up. 3rd man up sits in the whole inbetween groups. Garth is that slow he will never halve the contest.
Good depth and that's about it.
Great for injury cover but will never be a full time replacement for anyone on our list.
I suspect you're right. By all reports a great clubman and team mate. Perhaps just not good enough. Let's wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back