Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I am so pumped to see Sampson Ryan play in the ones. I suspect that we may see him play in the early rounds (while CCJ is suspended). Have been a fan since his recruitment.

From what I have seen of him, he already has that natural ability in good decision-making. Clever with his hands and knows how to tap to advantage (doesn’t just aim to tap the ball like what some do). It’s good to see that he’s impressed others that probably know more about footy than me as well.

But I was told he was years off being ready ??

So was the ground fully open to the public - Hack Dyer stand ?
Nup. Everyone had to watch from outside the mesh fence along Punt Rd.

Thanks for the updates .
Just a couple of questions if you don't mind .
Did we use AFL umpires?

Did you notice the manning of the mark ?
Any frees ?
How we set up for it ?
I didn't really take notice of who was umpiring. They weren't wearing typical AFL umpiring uniforms from what I noticed.

The manning of the mark was hardly noticed. There were 4x 50m penalties from memory (3 for the yellows & one for the reds) but not all were due to the new rule. Someone near me mentioned that the first one must have been for the new man on the mark rule as no one could figure out what else it was for. The last one right in front of me was just dumb play by Balta not giving the ball back to Chol. I'm more concerned about that man on the mark rule in our season opener. The umps usually go overboard with what is another stupid needless new rule from S.Hocking.

Hard to tell if we had set up any different for it as the Yellows dominated and easily sliced through the Reds while the Reds lacked run through the corridor and struggled against the Yellows defensive set-up. Large patches of the game were trapped in the Yellows forward half. I didn't see any noticeable change to our gameplan as far as the yellows. The same old quick movement of the footy running, linking and supporting in waves with the footy and applying forward half pressure when without it.

Great effort
Great reporting yourself TOO :thumbsu:.

Much appreciated brother, great to hear the reports from yourself and TOO, seems this season info about the men’s pre season is hard to find so really love to hear the feedback.
Thanks
Cheers mate.

Thanks for that .Greatly appreciated .

I didn't really take notice of who was umpiring. They weren't wearing typical AFL umpiring uniforms from what I noticed.

The manning of the mark was hardly noticed. There were 4x 50m penalties from memory (3 for the yellows & one for the reds) but not all were due to the new rule. Someone near me mentioned that the first one must have been for the new man on the mark rule as no one could figure out what else it was for. The last one right in front of me was just dumb play by Balta not giving the ball back to Chol. I'm more concerned about that man on the mark rule in our season opener. The umps usually go overboard with what is another stupid needless new rule from S.Hocking.

Hard to tell if we had set up any different for it as the Yellows dominated and easily sliced through the Reds while the Reds lacked run through the corridor and struggled against the Yellows defensive set-up. Large patches of the game were trapped in the Yellows forward half. I didn't see any noticeable change to our gameplan as far as the yellows. The same old quick movement of the footy running, linking and supporting in waves with the footy and applying forward half pressure when without it.

Cheers mate.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cheers mate.
Thanks for that! I have one question, did our kicks inside 50s and kicking for goal look better? If there ever was a knock on our Premiership team then it would be accuracy in front of goal and wasting inside 50s.

Was the amount of scoring shots we got more to do with the amount of inside 50s or did you notice cleaner entries than before as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so pumped to see Sampson Ryan play in the ones. I suspect that we may see him play in the early rounds (while CCJ is suspended). Have been a fan since his recruitment.

From what I have seen of him, he already has that natural ability in good decision-making. Clever with his hands and knows how to tap to advantage (doesn’t just aim to tap the ball like what some do). It’s good to see that he’s impressed others that probably know more about footy than me as well.

more importantly...is a rabid tigers supporter...he got that from his dad

Be great if we were allowed in.
One of the Tigers AFLW games on TV, the commentators were laughing about a guy watching from outside the fence pretending to tie his shoelace up.

Basically, hang around outside the fence in your shorts and runners and pretend to be doing stretches any time a cop goes past.
And drink your beer, vodka, whatever out of a sports-drink container.
Bit like how I now drink beer out of a coffee mug while I'm in zoom meetings.

I was told he was good to go. Matured in the QAFL after missing in his draft year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’ve got some good scouts around the country. Pretty sure I’ve read that we have someone in WA that keeps an eye on the state league’s for us , Liam Baker, testament to that.

If Ryan can play some sort of role this year, that’ll be huge in keeping Nank fresh for another finals campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back