Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointing. Club is too focused on our AFLW team at the moment. Which team do the members pay up to watch?
Don’t think that’s accurate
Only updates to the website in terms of aflw are match highlights that would of been supplied by Foxtel/Seven
And a short interview post match from Fergerson and Conti

It’s fine that your not a fan of the woman’s comp but don’t try and paint a narrative that that club is too focussed of the woman’s side because it’s quite frankly a load of s**t

Only updates to the website in terms of aflw are match highlights that would of been supplied by Foxtel/Seven

It’s fine that your not a fan of the woman’s comp but don’t try and paint a narrative that that club is too focussed of the woman’s side because it’s quite frankly a load of sh*t

What is the club focused on then if its not the AFLW team? We can't even get highlights of our intraclub game, very little training footage and bugger all news. A couple of 2min clips from the Bright camp...........please.

I don't pay my membership to know how Conti and Ferg feel about their umpteenth loss in a row. In a year when most members won't get to more than a handful of games due to restrictions I'd be very careful if I was the club not to take its members for granted.

What is the club focused on then if its not the AFLW team? We can't even get highlights of our intraclub game, very little training footage and bugger all news. A couple of 2min clips from the Bright camp...........please.

I don't pay my membership to know how Conti and Ferg feel about their umpteenth loss in a row. In a year when most members won't get to more than a handful of games due to restrictions I'd be very careful if I was the club not to take its members for granted.
Probably more to do with the cuts on club staff and restrictions due to covid than anything else with a limit on staff who would be deemed un-nessecary

KiwiTiger (our man on the inside 😉) didn’t even attend the pre season camp this season when he has been a mainstay at the camps for a number of season and provided both the club website and us for a number of seasons

Like I said it’s fine your not a fan of the woman’s side/game but trying to blame them for the lack of news on the men’s side is just not an argument that stands up

Probably more to do with the cuts on club staff and restrictions due to covid than anything else with a limit on staff who would be deemed un-nessecary

KiwiTiger (our man on the inside 😉) didn’t even attend the pre season camp this season when he has been a mainstay at the camps for a number of season and provided both the club website and us for a number of seasons

Like I said it’s fine your not a fan of the woman’s side/game but trying to blame them for the lack of news on the men’s side is just not an argument that stands up

Seriously the AFLW is in full swing. So of course the club is providing them with full coverage.

We're getting plenty of the men. But I agree we should have more footage of the intra-club game. That is either just slack or some strategic decision (no idea why) because I'm sure someone took video. I look at that as a missed opportunity, which the club does quite a bit. But it's got nothing to do with the AFLW.

Seriously the AFLW is in full swing. So of course the club is providing them with full coverage.

We're getting plenty of the men. But I agree we should have more footage of the intra-club game. That is either just slack or some strategic decision (no idea why) because I'm sure someone took video. I look at that as a missed opportunity, which the club does quite a bit. But it's got nothing to do with the AFLW.
The intaclub was pretty late in the week and we might find that the media department work a typical 5 day working week especially in the pre season with no real reason to have them working on the weekend and croping and splicing footage takes time than we combine that with the fact that the club had its photo day yesterday that would of taken up basically the entire media department’s attention it could simply be that the media department haven’t had a chance to finish putting a clip together for the fans

Agree it would be nice to have a club update on the game but hopefully it’s something that’s on it’s way and just due to other circumstances it’s taking a little bit for it to come out

What pick would we have in the mid season draft, 18 ? Odds are slim we'd get a great choice with such a low pick and the good overagers would be gone you'd think. It will be interesting to see if we pick someone already training with us. When is the cut off for those kids ?
March 9th

I think it's a combination of spending cut backs and the club preferring to be secretive with its IP.

You see a lot more vision of intra-clubs etc from teams at the bottom of the ladder trying to sell hope and memberships. That's not a priority for our club or other clubs at the top end of the ladder and if they feel the money and time can be spent better elsewhere then I'm all for it.

Wouldnt be surprised if they release some footage in the next couple of days...

The cut backs in staff just means things take longer

Channel 9, owns The Age, etc, always running down the footy.
ABC paupers.
Don't have the footy media rights, can't afford them.
Best wishes to Caro and all that but she has never broken a single sports story.
Waste of space, waste of time.
Gaz and Tim would have been wetting themselves with excitement to get Dimma to give them 15 minutes of his time on SEN.
Gaz said at the end he was grateful.

Other than all the stories about Essendons drug saga for which she won a Wakely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's key midfield spots up for grabs, especially with Prestia likely to miss multiple games.

Ross, RCD, Dow are definitely the front runners and I reckon we could see 2 of those 3 play early.

Jack Ross should play every game. Been leader of his fan club since day 1.

Has natural traits and decision making you can't teach. Let's hope he's put back on the weight the club made him lose to play...HBF :drunk:

Last edited:
Jack Ross should play every game. Been leader of his fan club since day 1.

Has natural traits and decision making you can't teach. Let's hope he's put back on the weight the club made him lose to play...HBF :drunk:
100% agree. My big call at the start of the year would be he's a breakout candidate that could be top 10 BnF this year.

What's great though is it sounds like he's going to have to fight for spots with the others. I think at times through injury/form that 2/3 of them can probably play but I doubt there's a spot in the 22 for all 3 if we are fully fit (which 3 would we take out for them?).

There's going to be some good depth in the wings, but the downside to that is there's going to be another 1-2 guys at end of year who want to leave for greater opportunity which might be fair enough.

100% agree. My big call at the start of the year would be he's a breakout candidate that could be top 10 BnF this year.

What's great though is it sounds like he's going to have to fight for spots with the others. I think at times through injury/form that 2/3 of them can probably play but I doubt there's a spot in the 22 for all 3 if we are fully fit (which 3 would we take out for them?).

There's going to be some good depth in the wings, but the downside to that is there's going to be another 1-2 guys at end of year who want to leave for greater opportunity which might be fair enough.

How does ross get a go in the middle if.

Martin.
Cotchin.
Edwards.
Prestia.
Bolton.

Are available?

How does ross get a go in the middle if.

Martin.
Cotchin.
Edwards.
Prestia.
Bolton.

Are available?
Martin/Edwards/Bolton play enough forward/HF for there to be enough rotational splits.

And you've only listed 5 players, every team carries way more than that who can rotate through the middle and on ball.

Even as a bench spot, most mids rotate enough that they still spend a significant portion on the pine.

R: Nank Prestia Martin
C: Edwards Cotchin Bolton
INT: Ross X Y Z

There's easily a spot for him if he's the one to take it, I just don't think there's 3 spots to fit all of Ross, RCD, Dow every game if we are fit.

It’s fine that your not a fan of the woman’s comp but don’t try and paint a narrative that that club is too focussed of the woman’s side because it’s quite frankly a load of sh*t
Okay, then there's not enough focus on the men.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back