Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We rarely play great footy early in the season and after quite a disruptive preseason compared to Carlton who will be playing a final in week 1, this game is a lot closer than some think. Carlton are a chance this time around.
I'm in the boat that if Carlton can't beat us in Round 1 then they won't make finals, things are set up perfectly for them to beat us
Since 2018 we have tried to time our run of best form until later in the year and aren't that worried about playing our best from Round 1
This will be amplified by the much shorter preseason this year, especially compared to the Blues getting an extra 5 weeks break

In Round 1 2018 & 2019 they got the jump on us early and then we overran them, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens but we can't quite reel them in this time

I'm in the boat that if Carlton can't beat us in Round 1 then they won't make finals, things are set up perfectly for them to beat us
Since 2018 we have tried to time our run of best form until later in the year and aren't that worried about playing our best from Round 1
This will be amplified by the much shorter preseason this year, especially compared to the Blues getting an extra 5 weeks break

In Round 1 2018 & 2019 they got the jump on us early and then we overran them, I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens but we can't quite reel them in this time
I genuinely think it's a 50/50 or maybe 55/45 game our way, which still gives them a big chance regardless, for all the reasons you mentioned but also because mentally, this game is bigger for them than us. It's a chance they'd be primed to announce themselves as a finals contender for 2021, big stage against the best team since 2017, whereas for us, I doubt we will have the same hunger week 1 as they would.

I wouldn't say it rules them out for finals if they lose, but they would damn well want to be at least ultra competitive and push us all the way at least.

Be wary of Weits, Jacob Weitering.
On fire ATM.
Won the Nicholls award.
AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The elephant in the room is how early Carlton have gone with their nicest and dearest awards. Before a ball has even been bounced ! Wtf ?

That must be some kind of record ?

What if Waterling gets suspended or misses a chunk of the season ? Is he still the Trent Nicholls medalist ?

Sits back in my rockin chair on the porch and scratches head. Maybe I'm too old to keep up with the pace of change in this game...sigh.

Jack Ross should play every game. Been leader of his fan club since day 1.

Has natural traits and decision making you can't teach. Let's hope he's put back on the weight the club made him lose to play...HBF :drunk:

giphy.gif
giphy 4.gif
giphy 5.gif

giphy 6.gif

giphy 7.gif

Attachments

• giphy (1)2.gif
    giphy (1)2.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Extensively. With previously unseen footage covering every angle of the insertion enhanced in 4k, remastered THX certified audio and commentary from Nick and Mabior.
Awesome! Lucasfilm audio.
The audience is listening!

Last edited:
We rarely play great footy early in the season and after quite a disruptive preseason compared to Carlton who will be playing a final in week 1, this game is a lot closer than some think. Carlton are a chance this time around.

To be honest, I thought the first half of Rd 1 2021 was just about the best-looking football we played all year.

It was obviously a bit weird because it was the first Covid game with no crowd, and the Carlton players were still introducing themselves to each other - ''What? You used to play at GWS? Small world, eh? No, I couldn't get a game in their firsts either" - and after half-time we fell asleep, but those frst 2 quarters are absolutely great to watch.

In a way it resembled practise drills because
a) there was no crowd or cheering
b) there was no opposition (well, it was Carlton, so ..... yeah)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back