Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Im hearing that Marra is faking it in the hope of a late trade to Essington.

"Just get me there..."

He knows he'd get his injections early there.

Except that every Premiership team has players “playing out of position“ including ours in 2016. Its simply the reality of making a great team.
Hence the "if it doesn't work" in my post.

I would argue that it's difficult to name a premiership side with as many playing out of position as we would be in that scenario, but the key point is that my post only holds if we're not winning.

Not ideal but absolute disaster is an overstatement. just for openers Dunkley would still be under contract
Totally agree. We would still have Treloar, McLean, Lipinski, West, Jong, and Wallis plus potentially Garcia as depth ready to fill the void. Others like Williams, Daniel, Dale, Hannan, Richards, and McNeil have the capacity to go through for minutes as well.

Bont, Macrae, Smith, Hunter, plus Treloar, West and McLean is still a mouth watering engine room. Great combination of speed, grunt and skill.

Totally agree. We would still have Treloar, McLean, Lipinski, West, Jong, and Wallis plus potentially Garcia as depth ready to fill the void. Others like Williams, Daniel, Dale, Hannan, Richards, and McNeil have the capacity to go through for minutes as well.

Bont, Macrae, Smith, Hunter, plus Treloar, West and McLean is still a mouth watering engine room. Great combination of speed, grunt and skill.
Libba too.

I’ve got us down for 2021 and 2022. There’s no reason we can’t go back-to-back
Bit pessimistic there Bresker, at least the next 3 to equal the Hawks, Lions and Dees and a good chance to be up there with the Collingwood 4 flags in a row I would have thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems reasonable. A lot of negative Nancies here who can’t even see us doing a threepeat.

Or the Bulldogs-haters elsewhere that would hate for us to create a new word when we win the seventeenpeat.

This bloke moves pretty well for a "cooked" 34 year-old. Can't wait to see how he contributes to the development of big Timmy and Sweet.

Interesting that he mentioned having trained a few sessions vs Sweet already, with English having trouble with state border closures. It'll be doing Sweet the world of good. I like that Martin wants to get a good working relationship with the young rucks and teach them things.

This bloke moves pretty well for a "cooked" 34 year-old. Can't wait to see how he contributes to the development of big Timmy and Sweet.

Not sure what I expected but I really didn’t expect Stef to sound like that. Very articulate/softly spoken bloke.

They’re the sort of blokes I used to envy in high school - good looking roosters , great athletes and if that wasn’t enough Lord Jebus gave them the ability to do the book learning too.

Stef’s Wikipedia page makes for interesting. He was a basketballer who didn’t play footy until he was 19 & only debuted when he was 22. He didn’t break out into a regular first team player for years after that.

Last edited:
They’re the sort of blokes I used to envy in high school - good looking roosters , great athletes and if that wasn’t enough Lord Jebus gave them the ability to do the book learning too.
Yep the complete package, makes it hard for us mere mortals

I could have been a VFL/AFL star but, unfortunately, I was struck down by a tragic lack of talent at an early age.;)

Same for me. I was the definition of a benchwarmer in highschool footy. Most games the coach literally wouldn't send me on at all unless we were winning or losing by an impossible margin. I was born with what doctors have described as "hypersensitive self-preservation instincts." I honestly would not take possession of the ball unless I had 10 metres of space in every direction. I don't think I ever laid a tackle nor received one. The worst injury I ever did was straining my quad in the pregame stretches which put me out for an entire season (didn't want to take any risks with it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back