Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, i’ll pay that - fair point.

Papley is a great example.

Look i’d love Dunkley to stay - i reckon he’s a star inside mid.

Hope i’m wrong about him leaving us...
Yep and I agree he is still a chance to go and if not him we will probably lose one of our younger midfielder but so long as we get fair compensation it’s ok

Maybe by the end of this season the club will have lifted its standards and the culture that he found wanting will again meet with his approval ... 🤔

I would play him man on man with the source of his problems in scratch matches and he can either square up or perhaps even garner some newfound respect for the culprit.

“Riley Garcia had a knee setback pre-Christmas related to an old issue and underwent arthroscopic surgery that will limit him for six to eight weeks.”
I knew he hurt his knee but didn’t realise he’d had surgery.

“Riley Garcia had a knee setback pre-Christmas related to an old issue and underwent arthroscopic surgery that will limit him for six to eight weeks.”
I knew he hurt his knee but didn’t realise he’d had surgery.

What a spew!! Would’ve slotted nicely in to the side Rd1. Hopefully it doesn’t hold him back for too long.

Will be interesting to see how the Dunkley situation emerges.

The ‘culture’ stuff was most likely all crap built up by the manager and Essendope to put pressure on us - give us a reason to accept a bad commercial outcome. Pretty standard practice.

I have an irrational hate of traitors and will struggle to support him - not with my heart but he is really well liked and a very very good player wearing Bulldogs colours and so with my mind I want him to succeed and will be cheering him on.

The position for him is simple and understandable- at the bulldogs he is behind Bont, Macrae, Libba and share minutes with Smith and now Trelor. This means game minutes, positional and pay. With Trelor we have taken some salary cap away but also have positional protection.

At Essendon he would be the number 1 mid - and would turn a crap midfield into competitive with Heppell and Merrett - he would be a leader and hero - and get a 5 year contract on way more than he would get with us and endorsements etc etc. He still has 10 years to go and this will add up to millions in extra. His manager is all over this.

Who knows what the circumstances will be over the next two years - we may lose others or be prepared to pay him more depending on how well he continues to develop. We are not out of the game but face an uphill battle to put a competitor offer to him versus teams with less stars. We win another Granny and maybe the legacy card will hold him like it did for Geelong on the Richmond who rarely lose stars.

His contract and Wood will finish at a similar time and I expect we could move that salary and take a draft pick and be more competitive with our salary too.

We have a fine balance - we do our best to keep him and have a generational player of the Kennedy/Hayes mould or if we wait till his contract end of this year then the market for him will be crazy - every club will think he is gettable - we get more for him. We also can tell the manager - this is what we need to consider it and deal in good faith - eg get us a gun KPD and a first round draft pick etc.

He will want to play really well because this sets him up for a big pay day. We could even wait till next year and would still have restricted FA compo (is that correct).

For now there is no incentive for him to play badly and we have two year on his contract and so we still have a lot of cards in our favour.

All clubs target other clubs players, its fair game. Its a bit reminiscent of losing callan ward, left for a godfather offer - goes on to captain a rabble.

Keeping Dunks until next year makes sense in terms of us being locked in for the #1 draft pick this year anyway, while next year is supposed to be a good deep draft. Lets hope the dons continue to stink it up and have a nice low pick to give us.

All clubs target other clubs players, its fair game. Its a bit reminiscent of losing callan ward, left for a godfather offer - goes on to captain a rabble.

Keeping Dunks until next year makes sense in terms of us being locked in for the #1 draft pick this year anyway, while next year is supposed to be a good deep draft. Lets hope the dons continue to stink it up and have a nice low pick to give us.
They won’t offer it. They’ll find some convoluted way of trying to find a mid/late first rounder and offer that.

They won’t offer it. They’ll find some convoluted way of trying to find a mid/late first rounder and offer that.

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully that is when Power turns around and says that they've been talking to another club for some time... and he is going somewhere else for the required amount (whatever that is). As long as Dodo eats a bag and we get value for Dunks...

Agree, but what if Essendon again can't find a suitable deal because they have a strong hand?
If they have a top pick (ie. pick range of 1-3) that they don't want to part with, where do they find 1 or 2 first round draft picks to trade with us to get the deal done?
They may have future picks from someone else? Trade players? Bundle picks to move up? I'm not sure..

But I'm not banking on Essendon coming to us with a suitable deal again next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, but what if Essendon again can't find a suitable deal because they have a strong hand?
If they have a top pick (ie. pick range of 1-3) that they don't want to part with, where do they find 1 or 2 first round draft picks to trade with us to get the deal done?
They may have future picks from someone else? Trade players? Bundle picks to move up? I'm not sure..

But I'm not banking on Essendon coming to us with a suitable deal again next year.
A lot will hinge on Merrett. If he goes they will have a bit to work with.

Totally agree. It will depend on whether they are genuinely committed to getting their man so that he can lead them out of the wilderness ... or just fishing, hoping to get a lucky bargain like they were in 2020.

I'm tipping it'll be the latter.

The other unknown is whether the Dunkley romance with Essendon is over, given they lured him into a trade request and then left him high, dry and somewhat embarrassed last trade period.

Their is a Adam Treloar article but can’t get pass their payroll crap can anyone if they can post it up

Their is a Adam Treloar article but can’t get pass their payroll crap can anyone if they can post it up
This one?

Adam Treloar says being open about his mental health came back to bite him at Collingwood
Adam Treloar believes his honesty about his mental health struggles came back to bite him as his time at Collingwood came to an end.
Adam Treloar says being open about his mental health struggles came back to bite him during the shock trade period when he left Collingwood and joined the Western Bulldogs.
Reflecting on the tough time last year, the midfielder said revealing his issues probably worked against him when it emerged his netball star fiance Kim Ravaillion signed with the Queensland Firebirds.
The couple were planning to spend time apart while they each pursued their sporting careers, with Ravaillion taking their baby daughter Georgie with her up north.
“There was probably a little bit of a worry there from people at Collingwood,’’ Treloar tells The Byron Cooke Show podcast.
“For me I feel like when I did come out and speak about challenges I’ve had in my life and things that I’ve struggled with, I didn’t do it for myself. I did it for I guess to show that there are people who are perceived, and me being a professional athlete and playing for a big powerful club in Collingwood like I was at the time. It’s perceived that you have no issues, you got no worries, you’re going and playing out in front of 90,000 people at the MCG every week, but it was polar opposite.
Treloar and wife Kim Ravallion and daughter Georgie at the home of the Western Bulldogs

Treloar and wife Kim Ravallion and daughter Georgie at the home of the Western Bulldogs
“I clearly had a lot going on in my life and I was struggling with quite a bit.
“I feel like it did come back to I guess bite me a little bit. I think if you were to look into the nitty gritty there’s a lot more other things that went on with me leaving the Collingwood Football Club.
“I definitely think there was something that might have triggered people at Collingwood that Adam won’t be able to cope with Kim and Georgie being away.”
He added: “I feel it played a part but I guess one door opens and another door closes. It was all about Kimmy and the family and how we’re going to make it work for each other. It’s been a whirlwind but I wouldn’t change it for anything.”
Treloar, who played 94 games for the Magpies over five seasons, said he was in a good place and the decision they made as a family didn’t come lightly.
Collingwood admitted Kim’s move was the catalyst for discussion about Treloar’s future.
Treloar in action for his old club.

He also revealed to host Byron Cooke, a former member of FOX FM’s breakfast show, that basketballer Joe Ingles had reached out to offer some advice.
“For a while there (his wife) Renae was in Melbourne and Joe was living in Utah. He actually reached out and gave a lot of support to Kim and I and spoke about how it’s made them stronger and the family — the love and care they have for each other, probably wouldn’t be as strong if it wasn’t for the long distance they had. I know they are together now but it’s something that makes you stronger.”

Kim, who has played 57 games for Australia and previously played Super Netball with Collingwood, is now in Queensland with the Firebirds for training and says her career was somewhat overlooked.
“I guess I was left out of the conversation. It was all, ‘we’ll chat to Kimmy’ but I never heard from anyone. Like Adam said one doors closes, another one opens and we’re both in such a good head space at the moment.”

This one?

Adam Treloar says being open about his mental health came back to bite him at Collingwood
Adam Treloar believes his honesty about his mental health struggles came back to bite him as his time at Collingwood came to an end.
Adam Treloar says being open about his mental health struggles came back to bite him during the shock trade period when he left Collingwood and joined the Western Bulldogs.
Reflecting on the tough time last year, the midfielder said revealing his issues probably worked against him when it emerged his netball star fiance Kim Ravaillion signed with the Queensland Firebirds.
The couple were planning to spend time apart while they each pursued their sporting careers, with Ravaillion taking their baby daughter Georgie with her up north.
“There was probably a little bit of a worry there from people at Collingwood,’’ Treloar tells The Byron Cooke Show podcast.
“For me I feel like when I did come out and speak about challenges I’ve had in my life and things that I’ve struggled with, I didn’t do it for myself. I did it for I guess to show that there are people who are perceived, and me being a professional athlete and playing for a big powerful club in Collingwood like I was at the time. It’s perceived that you have no issues, you got no worries, you’re going and playing out in front of 90,000 people at the MCG every week, but it was polar opposite.

“I clearly had a lot going on in my life and I was struggling with quite a bit.
“I feel like it did come back to I guess bite me a little bit. I think if you were to look into the nitty gritty there’s a lot more other things that went on with me leaving the Collingwood Football Club.
“I definitely think there was something that might have triggered people at Collingwood that Adam won’t be able to cope with Kim and Georgie being away.”
He added: “I feel it played a part but I guess one door opens and another door closes. It was all about Kimmy and the family and how we’re going to make it work for each other. It’s been a whirlwind but I wouldn’t change it for anything.”
Treloar, who played 94 games for the Magpies over five seasons, said he was in a good place and the decision they made as a family didn’t come lightly.
Collingwood admitted Kim’s move was the catalyst for discussion about Treloar’s future.

He also revealed to host Byron Cooke, a former member of FOX FM’s breakfast show, that basketballer Joe Ingles had reached out to offer some advice.
“For a while there (his wife) Renae was in Melbourne and Joe was living in Utah. He actually reached out and gave a lot of support to Kim and I and spoke about how it’s made them stronger and the family — the love and care they have for each other, probably wouldn’t be as strong if it wasn’t for the long distance they had. I know they are together now but it’s something that makes you stronger.”

Kim, who has played 57 games for Australia and previously played Super Netball with Collingwood, is now in Queensland with the Firebirds for training and says her career was somewhat overlooked.
“I guess I was left out of the conversation. It was all, ‘we’ll chat to Kimmy’ but I never heard from anyone. Like Adam said one doors closes, another one opens and we’re both in such a good head space at the moment.”
yes that was the one thank you mate

The ultimate roast will come when we are old men and women and the Treloar's have several gun children playing for the dogs with the pies having just missed out on F/S eligibility 😆

The ultimate roast will come when we are old men and women and the Treloar's have several gun children playing for the dogs with the pies having just missed out on F/S eligibility 😆
If Treloar plays 100 games for us we will have had an incredibly successful 5 years in terms of playing finals and the medical department will be the best in the business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back