Preseason 2021

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Bevo mentioned in a previous interview that the head coach role has had to absorb the social media, website, training footage etc. work due to the Covid cuts. I don't blame the guy for having that stuff as a lower priority than coaching the side.
Well that's just not true. If Bev was running the website we'd definitely have had a Roarke Smith interview and/or skateboarding video by now.

Bevo mentioned in a previous interview that the head coach role has had to absorb the social media, website, training footage etc. work due to the Covid cuts. I don't blame the guy for having that stuff as a lower priority than coaching the side.

If that is indeed the case then Dictator Bevo sold us parvo infected pup.

When he came to the club as part of his presentation to the board his amazing man management skillz were put at the forefront, something I assume he didnt set himself apart from.

Do something Dictator Bevo. Drop the black curtain around the club, strap a potato camera to your cap, learn Windows Video Editor 1.1 and then feed the football starved Western Bulldogs supporting masses (33k at last count, but who the * knows with this club) the nutrient they so desperately need in these trying times.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Also I noticed the Sam Lloyd profile still being there too. Whoever is in charge of the website / social media really needs to have their position reviewed. It’s comical a player that has been off the list for two months still features. If that was my job I’m sure my boss would be asking some serious questions.

I think the player profiles section is run by AFL media and not the specific clubs

If there’s no bulldogs specific coverage on this I’m going to be seriously pissed
Hawks tend to stream their vfl or intra matches the last couple of years
So we might be in luck

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well that's just not true. If Bev was running the website we'd definitely have had a Roarke Smith interview and/or skateboarding video by now.
Club has kept on at least one “media advisor” with background in social media but their focus has been heavily on AFLW. VFL team details on app are now so old they include players who left at end of 2019.

Brass Dog

Senior List
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yankees
Poor guy. Not being a millennial, he may struggle with the social media side of things. Perhaps you could volunteer for the role Scrag. From the sounds of things, you and your wife are accustomed to using a camera.

Sep 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Perhaps with COVID cuts, that person has already been let go and the work has been lumped into someone else’s already full time load?

Then it’s an incredibly poor business decision.

Digital content is the only real way to engage with your membership base during the pandemic - one of those rare areas that logically requires bolstering, not tightening, to run a success enterprise during the covid-19 lockdown...

Just called the club:

Apparently they will be updating us all in the next few days about coverage for the Dogs/Hawks practice match. Guy on the phone sounded confident there would be at least one camera there to record the whole thing.

Who knows though? 🤷‍♂️
It will just be a live camera on Bevo running as the umpire

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Gotta be close to finalising our list.

Anthony Scott was a gun 2 years ago.

Unless Preston looks like he could play immediately Scott would be my preferred choice. Would be good at half forward with his speed, pressure, marking and lovely left foot. Not best 22 but out of the 3 training with us would be best suited to fill a hole when injuries hit.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Unless Preston looks like he could play immediately Scott would be my preferred choice. Would be good at half forward with his speed, pressure, marking and lovely left foot. Not best 22 but out of the 3 training with us would be best suited to fill a hole when injuries hit.
Preston would be my preferred choice

Last edited:
FC01E7BD-A7D9-4FA9-B673-6320B3AA166C.png

Back