Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s great to hear Hine say Begg looks like he’s 200cm now.

Depends on whether Hine thinks he looks like that when standing next to a tape measure or John Noble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Brown is one I'm flagging to play more midfield this season. His brother Tyler could be on the outer and will need to have a strong season to remain on the list. The other one I'm keen on is Isaac Chugg. I know some have written him off but he's got a lot of underdeveloped talent waiting to be unleashed in the big time. With a more consistent VFL roster, hopefully he can realise his potential. I flag him as a serial-pest/tagger possibility or a defensive wing.

Cal Brown is one I'm flagging to play more midfield this season. His brother Tyler could be on the outer and will need to have a strong season to remain on the list. The other one I'm keen on is Isaac Chugg. I know some have written him off but he's got a lot of underdeveloped talent waiting to be unleashed in the big time. With a more consistent VFL roster, hopefully he can realise his potential. I flag him as a serial-pest/tagger possibility or a defensive wing.

I see Chugg playing a role as a shutdown defender if he's going to get into the side.

I would likely say unless there is some significant improvement from both, this year will be the last we see of Callum and Tyler Brown in black and white.

I wouldn’t think Hine would make the comment unless he thought that with some degree of certainty.
I think you can take it as an off the cuff remark from Hine to add a bit of positive spin.

I would virtually guarantee he hasnt grown since he was drafted. Remember he is drafted a year after his U18 year and has already turned 19. Almost all boys have reached full height by 16 year. A few with a later puberty will grow after 16 but its the exception and very rare after 18. Most obvious recent example of a player getting a few cms after drafting was Patrick Cripps. He looked like a boy when he was drafted and had a late puberty, hence the growth.

Begg on the otherhand already has a mature look in his TAC cup photos. I would guess he reached full heaight by 16 as most do. He cartainly wasnt putting on cms after we drafted him as he approached 19yo.

I think you can take it as an off the cuff remark from Hine to add a bit of positive spin.

I would virtually guarantee he hasnt grown since he was drafted. Remember he is drafted a year after his U18 year and has already turned 19. Almost all boys have reached full height by 16 year. A few with a later puberty will grow after 16 but its the exception and very rare after 18. Most obvious recent example of a player getting a few cms after drafting was Patrick Cripps. He looked like a boy when he was drafted and had a late puberty, hence the growth.

Begg on the otherhand already has a mature look in his TAC cup photos. I would guess he reached full heaight by 16 as most do. He cartainly wasnt putting on cms after we drafted him as he approached 19yo.
Written like someone who stopped growing at 13.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back