Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I can't wait to see what McRae changes up. It'll be interesting if players are training with different lines. Will Crisp be a midfielder? Where will Nick Daicos start his footy journey? Will De Goey be a midfielder? Where will Pendlebury and Sidebottom play?

I can't wait to see what McRae changes up. It'll be interesting if players are training with different lines. Will Crisp be a midfielder? Where will Nick Daicos start his footy journey? Will De Goey be a midfielder? Where will Pendlebury and Sidebottom play?
Same.
I'm looking forward to that aspect too.

Other than Quaynor all those boys fighting for their careers next year, good to see them fighting hard.
I don’t understand the little graphic in the Instagram post.
Are they getting an off-season loaf of bread?

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Glad to see the lads all maintaining/improving their fitness....BUT each of them has skill areas to work on and its those skill areas that hold them back.
  • Bianco needs a tank and a small increase in speed so that he can make better use of his kicking. He should go to sprint training with Pendles.
  • Brown and Murphy HAVE to be taught to stand up and to keep their feet in all their contests, they are always going to ground and finding themselves left out of contests due to their inability to keep their feet.
  • Kelly needs more core strength and to judge his marking attempts better (rather than flying in awkwardly and hurting himself) He needs to play conservatively and try to win more body contests.
  • And IQ needs to learn to kick on both sides of his body and to trust his disposal.
Lots to work on and learn for our kids...can't wait to see what our new coaching panel gets them doing.

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I’m not sure about Crispy as a mid, I feel he runs better in straight lines and he has that predators focus of what’s directly in front of him. Don’t mind him rotating through the middle though, as it adds a different dimension. He’s just not a natural midfielder for me.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I’m not sure about Crispy as a mid, I feel he runs better in straight lines and he has that predators focus of what’s directly in front of him. Don’t mind him rotating through the middle though, as it adds a different dimension. He’s just not a natural midfielder for me.

I um and ah about the idea. Crisp is fantastic at half back so it's gonna be a hard sell to move him.

I think there is a definite need to refresh our midfield and on ballers in particular. I think Crisp has a lot to offer there.

But there are different ways to approach it. Keep Pendles and Sidebottom on ball. Or play Lipinski and leave J Daicos in there, finding another solution for the wing. Or go all in on youth and back in Macrae, McInnes and N Daicos. They're all valid

I like the Crisp option because he has a good mix between offence and defence. His age is right so that we don't lose too much experience. He can win clearances and break the lines. It also creates a spot for Ruscoe to occupy at HB. He's shown he's worth investing development time into.

I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Back