Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested in your thoughts about Poulter ,Jen? Did he strike you as bigger/taller? I’m really hoping they preserve with him on the wing/midfield rather than moving him to the HBF. I have a weird feeling they’re going to turn him into a defender.
Well he is definitely has put on some weight. Taller? Unsure, hard to tell.

Some people find it hard to stack on weight quickly, all my family are like that something to do with a very high metabolism which just burns fat and even some excess muscle off.
\

Then they are Very Lucky Then ;)

Well we Commited to Taking Him.

I pretty sure Darcy Moore trained with us before being Officially Drafted
Not 2 days before the draft when pre-season is starting, I wouldn't think. Nick trained with us as part of the FS academy, just like Darcy. But once we get to this part of the draft, they dont train until after draft night

Cal Brown is one I'm flagging to play more midfield this season. His brother Tyler could be on the outer and will need to have a strong season to remain on the list. The other one I'm keen on is Isaac Chugg. I know some have written him off but he's got a lot of underdeveloped talent waiting to be unleashed in the big time. With a more consistent VFL roster, hopefully he can realise his potential. I flag him as a serial-pest/tagger possibility or a defensive wing.
I think Tyler has a long term future at Collingwood. He may have more upside than Cal.

WHE is a player who's going to be under the pump. His partner in whipping, JT, has left and Madge likely won't be playing best twenty two footy.

Love seeing the new coaches out there, including and especially Josh Fraser. Welcome back.

No idea what to expect for Round 1, but it will be different. That at least is an exciting prospect, even if (with our youth and inexperience) we are bottom dwellers in 22.

WHE is a player who's going to be under the pump. His partner in whipping, JT, has left and Madge likely won't be playing best twenty two footy.

I thought he was 1 of our Better Players in 2nd Half of last Year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone that has watched the press conference, can you understand what the question was, the last one? McRae answered something about someone wasn't here today but later in the week? Just want to know who its referring to.

DeGoey coming back to Melb by the end of Nov , Will have to be back in NY for his court case Dec 8

Josh Fraser looks to have finally put on some weight. Good news for the preseason.

Day 1 - season 2022.

The players that were called to duty:
IQ
Tyler B
Bianco
Noble
Pendles
Wilson
Cameron
Krueger
Poulter
Cal B
Macrae
kelly
Ruscoe
Roughy
Henry
Reef
Murphy
McMahon
McCreery
WHE
Ginnivan
Chugg
Maynard
Begg
Johnston
Mihochek
Madgen
Cox

I noticed a change in numbers:
Henry: 35->16
Madgen: 44->43
Poulter: 27->24
Krueger: 15

The new fitness guy -- Unlikely anything I have seen at pre-season before. Making them do warm ups and drills they have never done. He is authorative, assertive, but not in a bad way.

All the coaches are very vocal. Especially Bolton. More than I thought, for a little guy. There was a lot of explaining instructions and drills, as all this was new to the players. Not the kind of things they have done previously under Bucks.

Today was very skills based. McRae did say they would be going back to basics, and indeed they did. Focused on kicking, and positioning. Lot of the drills were also based around heat on the ball, park mentality.

Krueger is a big boy. But takes some guts to rock up day 1 of pre-season WITH your personal training, and spend half the session working on the program you have had with him in the off season.
He did part of the session with the boys, then did running on the AAMI park side with his trainer and a bunch of other things. Then afterward re-joined the last part of the session.

The players who mostly did a running session today: Chugg, Cal Brown, Maynard, Mihochek, Madgen, IQ

They also did a drill where the ball would be kicked to a contest, then it was more about speed on the ball and moving it out as fast as possible from defennce -> forward line.

Lastly, the big 2 hr session was capped off by a random 2km trial. Kelly came 1st. The boys were buggered, Reef was struggling, but he found something after some encouragement by a coach running with him and he got himself moving.
Cox. Begg and Johnston were the last 3. Jetta helped Johnston with his motivation in powering through it. Another coach had to help Begg too, as he was struggling toward the end. Always tough on most.

Madgen from 44 to 43 is quite odd...loved tohill that much did he?

On Jordy, he said he'll wait until the facts come out. I think there are some around here who should listen to those wise words.

That he keeps getting in Trouble and not have looked to Learn from his Mistakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back