Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Most boys reach their full height in their 16th year, while they are 16. This isnt really in question. There are some who will still grow post draft but not many. Finn Callaghan based on the same story as Cripps of a late puberty may still have a cm or a few to grow. Thats the story you need, the late growth spurt and getting those last few cms post draft time.

I spend my professional life measuring growth. Its an area I understand. There will always be explanations as to why different measurement will be obtained in checking someones height even when there has been no real change in height and they should be considered. A 2cm variance in somone 200cm is only being 1% out. I dont know how good the techniques are the AFL uses in doing these measures but I would expect there is always a margin or error.
Agree. The plural of anecdote is not data.

Most boys reach their full height in their 16th year, while they are 16. This isnt really in question. There are some who will still grow post draft but not many. Finn Callaghan based on the same story as Cripps of a late puberty may still have a cm or a few to grow. Thats the story you need, the late growth spurt and getting those last few cms post draft time.

I spend my professional life measuring growth. Its an area I understand. There will always be explanations as to why different measurement will be obtained in checking someones height even when there has been no real change in height and they should be considered. A 2cm variance in somone 200cm is only being 1% out. I dont know how good the techniques are the AFL uses in doing these measures but I would expect there is always a margin or error.

It won’t get any bigger no matter how many times you measure it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair warning -- This may or may not be Lipinski focused...

What? He can be very distracting.. :oops: Oh and yes, he has donned the #1 guernsey.

Friday - November 26th. Preseason training week 1.

So pretty organised session this morning. Lots of running and drills. Some match play.

1-4 years.

3. IQ
8. Bianco
9. Noble
11. Keane
12. Wilson
16. Henry
18. Macrae
20. Kelly
21. Ruscoe
24. Poulter
26. Reef
28. Murphy
29. McMahon
31. McCreery
33. Ginnivan
34. Chugg
39. Begg
40. Johnson

Seniors:

1. Lipinski
6. Tyler B (I find it wierd to think of him as a senior, looks like a kid lol)
7. Daicos
10. Pendles
13. Adams
14. Cameron
22. Sidebottom
23. Roughy
32. WHE
37. Maynard
41. Mihochek
43. Madgen

This was Lipinski, Daicos and Sidebottom's first session back. I admit, it was nice to see Lippa.. My eyes went travelling..
Also good to see Josh out there for his birthday today. Sidebottom looked good.

It was bloody windy, so would have been challenging to train, but they worked through it. There was the warm up exercises organised by Mr Guru, which the boys are still learning.
The drills did seem to be again kicking focused that I suppose was meant to F50 entries.

Lipinski did some of the drills, then he did some running with a few of the seniors (Madgen, Maynard, Mihochek, Adams) around the boundary line on the other side of the ground. Then they all went on the bikes that were stationed near the glasshouse entrance. So probably they thought he should start slow, and then get in a full session from Monday.

Initially they all did a lot of sprints/running in the middle of the ground. It was almost like a shuttle run. Must have been about 10 or so sprints. Felt like it went on for ages.

Later on, there was more running, split into different sections of the ground, like a square they would have to run, fall to the ground, get up and run, and then sprint to the other side.

There was also a match sim type with majority of the players apart from the group I mentioned with the senior players, who were at the other side of the ground near the goals just doing some ball handling and goal kicking with one another.

What I liked was how Fly participated in the match sim with the boys.

Last edited:
I greatly appreciate the effort and consideration Jen brings to this, not to mention the humour that she has in her approach. I would like it if someone old school could add the kind of descriptive report that Apples used to contribute to the thread if it is at all possible. I know that this is asking for quite a contribution from someone (or several someones), so please don't see it as a demand, only a rather wistful request.

What? He can be very distracting.. :oops: Oh and yes, he has donned the #1 guernsey.

So pretty organised session this morning. Lots of running and drills. Some match play.

1-4 years.

3. IQ
8. Bianco
9. Noble
11. Keane
12. Wilson
16. Henry
18. Macrae
20. Kelly
21. Ruscoe
24. Poulter
26. Reef
28. Murphy
29. McMahon
31. McCreery
33. Ginnivan
34. Chugg
39. Begg
40. Johnson

Seniors:

1. Lipinski
7. Daicos
10. Pendles
13. Adams
14. Cameron
22. Sidebottom
23. Roughy
32. WHE
37. Maynard
41. Mihochek
43. Madgen

This was Lipinski, Daicos and Sidebottom's first session back. I admit, it was nice to see Lippa.. My eyes went travelling..

It was bloody windy, so would have been challenging to train, but they worked through it. There was the warm up exercises organised by Mr Guru, which the boys are still learning.
The drills did seem to be again kicking focused that I suppose was meant to F50 entries.

Lipinski did some of the drills, then he did some running with a few of the seniors (Madgen, Maynard, Mihochek, Adams) around the boundary line on the other side of the ground. Then they all went on the bikes that were stationed near the glasshouse entrance. So probably they thought he should start slow, and then get in a full session from Monday.

Initially they all did a lot of sprints/running in the middle of the ground. It was almost like a shuttle run. Must have been about 10 or so sprints. Felt like it went on for ages.

Later on, there was more running, split into different sections of the ground, like a square they would have to run, fall to the ground, get up and run, and then sprint to the other side.

There was also a match sim type with majority of the players apart from the group I mentioned with the senior players, who were at the other side of the ground near the goals just doing some ball handling and goal kicking with one another.

Anyone in particular look good in the match sim? Thanks again Jen!

Good to see most of the guys from the Lipinski Football Club already back in training at the Lipinski Centre. :D

(Sorry Jen)
The eclipse centre does have a ring to it. Heh

I missed one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol blokes do grow post 16
Statistically most males grow after 16 years old but only marginally, 1-2 cm, generally plateauing at 20 years old

For the love of Pendles, please don’t start talking about the likelihood of men growing after 16 again.

Aside from the other problems, it distracts from talking about Lipinski.

1-4 years.

3. IQ
8. Bianco
9. Noble
11. Keane
12. Wilson
16. Henry
18. Macrae
20. Kelly
21. Ruscoe
24. Poulter
26. Reef
28. Murphy
29. McMahon
31. McCreery
33. Ginnivan
34. Chugg
39. Begg
40. Johnson

Seniors:

1. Lipinski
7. Daicos
10. Pendles
13. Adams
14. Cameron
22. Sidebottom
23. Roughy
32. WHE
37. Maynard
41. Mihochek
43. Madgen

Thanks for posting that Jen. You said Sidebottom looked good. , good as in, is he still an automatic selection in the 22 ? As the last 2 seasons he has fallen off a bit of a cliff

I am waiting on an answer
To this question?

“So why then are players listed as taller when they are measured as adults than 16 year olds if they don’t grow?”

Perhaps you could rewrite it with words that make sense?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back