Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can someone pls tell Ben Brown never to ever ever ever ever ever ever try that shake and bake but actually just stand still move again.
Almost threw a tv out the window last year when he got caught holding the ball trying it when he could've handballed to Spargo.
Now MFC tweeting video of him trying it at training to even less effect.

Stop it or I'm going full Danster on him.
I'll actually feel physically ill if he lines up Round 1. He's completely cooked. Crazy Goody came back for a bit last year as well. If we have Brown and Melk lining up early rounds then we know Crazy Goody is well and truly back and we are completely f****d!

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll actually feel physically ill if he lines up Round 1. He's completely cooked. Crazy Goody came back for a bit last year as well. If we have Brown and Melk lining up early rounds then we know Crazy Goody is well and truly back and we are completely f****d!

Agree, the only proviso is I reckon it would be good to let JVR get a few games under his belt playing on the 3rd or 4th best defender. Don't want us to go in too light on and JVR gets his confidence dented earlier getting blanketed by gun defenders.

If Brown has a role to play this year its keeping a decent defender occupied until JVR finds his feet.

Saab NLAW

All Australian
Aug 27, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne
My memory can be rather sporadic these days , but i think we fessed up to salary cap breaches , got fined $1 million , but at the end of the year got the Million back as a equalization payment . Was one of the conditions that saved us from getting punished like the Blues .

When Gutnick found out about the payments outside of the salary cap he went to the AFL, we still got hit hard and lost multiple picks

I have no idea if the AFL would have found out without Gutnick coming clean or not but regardless, you have to admire his honesty. Now if only he operated his mining businesses with the same principles...

Agree, the only proviso is I reckon it would be good to let JVR get a few games under his belt playing on the 3rd or 4th best defender. Don't want us to go in too light on and JVR gets his confidence dented earlier getting blanketed by gun defenders.

If Brown has a role to play this year its keeping a decent defender occupied until JVR finds his feet.
Agree that Brown would be handy to keep a defender distracted for JVR. That said, we'll have one of Gawn or Grundy forward, TMc, Fritsch, maybe Schache who'll all take a tall(ish) defender. He should be getting the 3rd or 4th defender anyway.

Big Benny Brown shaving his hair off for an important cause

Say what you want about his footballing ability but he's clearly a legend of a bloke

Langdon and Brown with shaved heads is gonna take some getting used to

'we have Schache now, so Brown can retire'

Who said that? Or are you just making stuff up again? Seems like something you'd read on the 'land not here.

Who said that? Or are you just making stuff up again? Seems like something you'd read on the 'land not here.
Sweet as, you and TK think I make stuff up. I've always wanted to be known for something. Read the last 10 comments, the gist of them essentially being that we're covered at KPF and don't need Brown and that Schache could be a bolter for us this season.

He won't be.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Sweet as, you and TK think I make stuff up. I've always wanted to be known for something. Read the last 10 comments, the gist of them essentially being that we're covered at KPF and don't need Brown and that Schache could be a bolter for us this season.

He won't be.
I read the last 10 comments and you've made that up lol
Too early to be this miserable already

He won't be.

Not a single comment said that, as close as I can find is Dory suggesting maybe Schache could contribute. Nice dramatic reach.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

He won't be.

Wtf.gif

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.

omg omg, I just remembered I got one of those jumpers from that era (the Home one with the s**t letterhead logo!) signed by all the players at the time.
Basically for the work I did at my local footy club running the water for the 1's for the year, one of the players got in touch with his mate a then Hawthorn forward (Roughy) to get the Melb boys to sigh a jumper and get it back to him and give it to me as a present. Again, didn't ask for it.

just on this years jumpers, This year is probably the best year in terms of jumpers, I bought an own the ANZAC edition (always love getting that one, from the one with the 1 soldier on it, to the one with the gradient blue light blue to dark blue iirc), the Premiership edition jumper (derrr, how could I not!), the indigenous jumper (first indigenous on I've ever owned)

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
actually Melbourne alumni James McDonald gave me a 90's warm up zip up players jacket that the players would wear (when your sitting on the pine), paired with the pants.
Still got them, there fantastic used to wear them to training when I played as a warm up for pre game Garm.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
actually Melbourne alumni James McDonald gave me a 90's warm up zip up players jacket that the players would wear (when your sitting on the pine), paired with the pants.
Still got them, there fantastic used to wear them to training when I played as a warm up for pre game Garm.
Always wanted one of those jackets, my parents did get me a jacket, not what I wanted but for practical reasons was probably a better choice. Interestingly enough I could get the replica ones they have available now but probably won't.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The thing about Brown is that he is playing a role that he is unsuited for. But it is a team role he is doing so I cut him some slack. Unless there are some stats to say otherwise I did not see him being beaten in marking contests a great deal but always competed well. So he is doing the team thing.

He has zero pace BUT at the same time he sucks up that best defender. No matter what if you kick the ball high enough in the air into a pocket of your choice as a pass nobody is going to mark it sadly that is what this club does a lot of.

If you really want to get upset at something then Viney kicking a 15 metre pass under little pressure into the forward line, late last year, AND missing the target is more of a problem.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lol he lost s**t loads of marking contests or just didn't even compete in them. Your eyes can tell you that

You know I just don't remember that. I will pay special attention this year.

What really concerns me is the Dr liked my post and your post which was the opposite. This is the bigger question and makes no sense.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Ben Brown has the arms of a 7 footer that is being controlled by a toddler. This makes sense to me, fight me.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You know I just don't remember that. I will pay special attention this year.

What really concerns me is the Dr liked my post and your post which was the opposite. This is the bigger question and makes no sense.

Ha, fair enough.

I liked your post cos I agreed about a few things, including Brown being asked to play a role that doesn't suit him, plus our game plan going forward being so poor. Plus Viney's foot skills being a concern!

But I agree with Tk that Brown does get out marked far too often, so I gave him a like too 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back