Game Day Preseason 2024 @ Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

No need for shenanigans - cancel your Kayo and it will run 'til the end of whatever you've paid for.
Sign up for Lions digital membership and they will email you a voucher code to apply to your existing Kayo account. 12 months for $240 odd.
Source: cancelled my Kayo on 1st October last year :( and signed up for digital membership a month ago, on top of my full season Gold Lions membership. Good deal.
Does the Lions Digital membership run for a full 12 months from day of purchase.

No need for shenanigans - cancel your Kayo and it will run 'til the end of whatever you've paid for.
Sign up for Lions digital membership and they will email you a voucher code to apply to your existing Kayo account. 12 months for $240 odd.
Source: cancelled my Kayo on 1st October last year :( and signed up for digital membership a month ago, on top of my full season Gold Lions membership. Good deal.
Thanks for this. Hopefully it's 12 months from the time you sign on, rather than up to some predetermined point in time. I found out my current subscription expires in mid March so might look into this at that time.

Thanks for this. Hopefully it's 12 months from the time you sign on, rather than up to some predetermined point in time. I found out my current subscription expires in mid March so might look into this at that time.
I’m wondering whether it follows the Lions membership from say Nov to the end of October.

Does the Lions Digital membership run for a full 12 months from day of purchase.

I believe so... I redeemed voucher 02/02/24 and next charge will be 02/02/25 it says.

I'd prefer we rise above the notion that what we post on an increasingly obsure/niche forum has the supernatural ability to "mozz" a player.
The simple, scientific fact of the matter is that I, from the opposite side of the world, have the ability to make a wicket fall by turning the broadcast on. That's just physics.

Tunstill I mainly saw in the middle or on the forward line.

The grandstand side was prominently Fletcher, Sharp when he was on, and occasionally McCluggage.

The far side would have been Berry. Lohmann seemed to push up a lot and wide over there so could have played the role when Berry was off - it wasn't easy to tell who was there from where I was.

Madden was another who was around the ball more than I expected, and didn't look to be starting in the backline so probably rotated there too but that's speculation.
I was at the game. Lohmann played the far side wing, especially in the first half with Berry. I think Madden only played in the back line.

I was at the game. Lohmann played the far side wing, especially in the first half with Berry. I think Madden only played in the back line.
Same here - where were you?

I was in the pocket to the right of the grandstand so didn't get a great view over to the far side on centre bounces (and was usually focused on the lineup in the middle rather than the wings TBH).

Knowing that about Lohmann pretty much makes me think Ah Chee will miss OR.

I thought Lohmann had a good quarter (4th playing wing) in the Suns practice match.
He looked suited to wing in that short period of time in my opinion.
I left after that quarter and reports here on BF were that he was not good in the game at all.
Maybe he was below average in the last 2 quarters and that stuck in peoples minds.

Should Lohmann make the side he would play that wing forward midfield relief role.

Should Ah Chee miss OR he will just soldier on and take his chance when it comes.
He has been in this situation before.

Same here - where were you?

I was in the pocket to the right of the grandstand so didn't get a great view over to the far side on centre bounces (and was usually focused on the lineup in the middle rather than the wings TBH).
I was in the grandstand, just near the race, in the middle of it and I had binoculars, so definitely sure that Lohmann lined up on the wing in the first half, can’t remember the 2nd half, didn’t focus on that. Thought Smith was useful with taps at centre bounces too and his work when it hit the ground. Lohmann the best of the fringe players for mine, Tunstill also competed well. I know Madden looked like a deer when he got caught htb, but to be fair he really didn’t have any obvious disposal options. We won easily because Sydney were starved of forward entries… not exactly sure how we managed that, but we controlled the 2nd and 3rd quarters when the game was up for grabs. Now it’s time to finally win a first round match. Or round zero? When did we last win in round 1?

Last edited:
Knowing that about Lohmann pretty much makes me think Ah Chee will miss OR.

I thought Lohmann had a good quarter (4th playing wing) in the Suns practice match.
He looked suited to wing in that short period of time in my opinion.
I left after that quarter and reports here on BF were that he was not good in the game at all.
Maybe he was below average in the last 2 quarters and that stuck in peoples minds.

Should Lohmann make the side he would play that wing forward midfield relief role.

Should Ah Chee miss OR he will just soldier on and take his chance when it comes.
He has been in this situation before.
Yeah, I think Lohmann demonstrated that he can play wing. With the versatility to go forward as well. But I would still have Ah Chee ahead of him, unless he’s injured? He only played 35% game time, did he get injured?

I was in the grandstand, just near the race, in the middle of it and I had binoculars, so definitely sure that Lohmann lined up on the wing in the first half, can’t remember the 2nd half, didn’t focus on that. Thought Smith was useful with taps at centre bounces too and his work when it hit the ground. Lohmann the best of the fringe players for mine, Tunstill also competed well. I know Madden looked like a deer when he got caught htb, but to be fair he really didn’t have any obvious disposal options. We won easily because Sydney were starved of forward entries… not exactly sure how we managed that, but we controlled the 2nd and 3rd quarters when the game was up for grabs. Now it’s time to finally win a first round match. Or round zero? When did we last win in round 1?
2022. But we played so poorly I barely think it should count. Before that we beat West Coast (reigning premiers) in 2019. A glorious night.

On the subject of binoculars, I'm thinking it might be time to get a pair. I still don't need glasses (for now), but I'm 41, not getting any younger, and as I like to sit up high behind the goals it's sometimes tricky to work out what's going on down in the opposite goal mouth. Any advice from you or anyone else?

Yeah, I think Lohmann demonstrated that he can play wing. With the versatility to go forward as well. But I would still have Ah Chee ahead of him, unless he’s injured? He only played 35% game time, did he get injured?
Ah Chee, Sharp, Lyons and Smith all played as clear 23rd-26th players. They all played roughly five minutes in the second, and then 10 in the third and fourth (which ended up half the fourth).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2022. But we played so poorly I barely think it should count. Before that we beat West Coast (reigning premiers) in 2019. A glorious night.

On the subject of binoculars, I'm thinking it might be time to get a pair. I still don't need glasses (for now), but I'm 41, not getting any younger, and as I like to sit up high behind the goals it's sometimes tricky to work out what's going on down in the opposite goal mouth. Any advice from you or anyone else?
I keep forgetting there's a big screen you can watch the play that's too far away to see clearly, on.

Did anyone notice how Dev went in the ressies? I'd be interested to know his time on ground and where he predominantly played. If he played most of the game and most of his time in the middle, and went OK, he'd still have to be in contention for the first game, wouldn't he? With Neale and Berry back in the firsts and Rayners increased time in the midfield it may have been more productive for Dev to get more gametime and responsibility in the ressies.

It’s a bit ominous for Walsh. Not good that he is still having issues with that back. Sad to see courageous players like Walsh not out there regularly.

I cancelled mine and it ran out 1st March. Added the Lions digital membership and it says the voucher isn't eligible with my current Kayo. Kayo is run through my Itunes Iphone subscription and there is some fine print that said it won't be able to be added to it.

I am fuming, but may need to create a new Kayo account with a new email address and see if that works with the voucher code!

Do we think Lohmann is fit enough for a wing role? I know he has improved a lot over the summer but its a huge workload being in the wing rotation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back