Game Day Preseason 2024 @ Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

They just played 20min
Overall was a very weird night of footy tonight but just pleasant with the win by the boys tonight :thumbsupv1:

Hopefully now we can rest up in 8 days for our big match against Carlton on Friday to start our season off strongly.

Only watched bits and pieces as 4yo had a bit of a melt.

Interested in anyone who thinks the below is accurate or not?

Berry - looked very rusty. Takes a while doesn’t he. Maybe not a guarantee except that…

Tunstill seemed ordinary. Has had a good pre season but seemed quiet and a couple of dodgy moments

Madden looked terrible unfortunately. Couldn’t play round one on that

Ah chee seemed to come on later so out of favour? Bloke a victim of his versatility

Lohman looked a lot better.

Sharp looked decent

Swans got it way too easily through corridor in parts of 1st and 2nd quarters. I hate how we give blokes 5m.

I think if anything i am a lot less clear on our side v blues now

from gf side:

No dev and mckenna.

Payne plays.

Won’t be a second ruck cause we will already be taller with payne (even though i think crazy to risk daniher these days)

So at least one more in.

I think 3 of Sharp, Lohman, Berry, Tunstill and Ah Chee will play. No idea who - depends on positions actually free.

Lyons still very unlucky - such a class clearance player but i can’t see him being best 22 at all with rayner in there now and ashcroft coming back. He is great depth but i hope we rotate the sub a bit more and use impact players more.

Below stats from the game taken from fanfooty

No Kayo or Fox so only listened to the call, and they admitted they were calling off a TV.

No injuries so that's great.
Solid output from Berry with only 62% TOG so should play OR.
I thought Tunstill would get Dev's spot, but Lohmann looks like he had a more consistent game overall.
Tunstill got most of his disposals in the 1st half.
Cal Ah Chee only had 35% TOG so i think his spot from the GF also up for grabs.
As most have mentioned Madden was not great.
Madden may have had a lockdown role but no way to know unless you were at the ground.
Lyons TOG only 43% so i don't think gets a starting spot maybe sub.

From the GF team these players on the edge of selection: Dev, Ah Chee & the sub Lyons.
McKenna injured so he may or may not play so someone gets his spot if unavailable.
In from the GF team: Payne.

My opinion is the possible player inclusions in order will be: Lohmann, Tunstill, Sharp
I see Lyons notching up his 100th game for the Lions in the OR most likely as sub.
1709207307215.png

1709205277940.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayner is going to be an absolute weapon this year. I just wish danster168 were around to see it. Rumour has it BRAB has him captive in Nerang.

His performance was vastly improved from last week.

Hope that was the real Rayner and we see loads more of it.

His performance was vastly improved from last week.

Hope that was the real Rayner and we see loads more of it.

Tbh I think he was holding back. Will go another level during the season.

Remarkable the original expectation was for the Giants to play all their home games there.
Nah they were always looking for a proper stadium. BISP was going to be their training base but after the upgrades they couldn't prise it out of cricket's hands for enough time to be useful.

Joe is playing this game against his will #freejoe

He doesn’t need to be playing practice games
Best Joe highlight was the very loud "* Starce!" when the ball wasn't sent in quick enough for his liking. Pretty sure you could hear it the next suburb over.

Lohmann was written off by everyone on here last week so there’s no way he’ll be getting a game
The difference between playing with the seconds and the firsts really helps some players. Kai looks to be one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back