Game Day Preseason 2024 @ Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing you were at the game did you notice who played wing other than Berry & Fletcher.
Was it Lohmann by any chance or maybe Tunstill.
Ah Chee and Sharp had very low TOG.
Tunstill I mainly saw in the middle or on the forward line.

The grandstand side was prominently Fletcher, Sharp when he was on, and occasionally McCluggage.

The far side would have been Berry. Lohmann seemed to push up a lot and wide over there so could have played the role when Berry was off - it wasn't easy to tell who was there from where I was.

Madden was another who was around the ball more than I expected, and didn't look to be starting in the backline so probably rotated there too but that's speculation.

Rayner is going to be an absolute weapon this year. I just wish danster168 were around to see it. Rumour has it BRAB has him captive in Nerang.
haha, it all means nothing because no-one has the confidence to predict his stats for the upcoming season other than me. Which means he'll get his 11 possessions and people will say he 'brought the ball to ground' or 'applied defensive pressure' or 'hit an amazing kick in the 17th minute mark of the 3rd quarter' to try and convince themselves that he wasn't that bad.

haha, it all means nothing because no-one has the confidence to predict his stats for the upcoming season other than me. Which means he'll get his 11 possessions and people will say he 'brought the ball to ground' or 'applied defensive pressure' or 'hit an amazing kick in the 17th minute mark of the 3rd quarter' to try and convince themselves that he wasn't that bad.

I did predict his stats :'(

Saving this for when he wins the Brownlow

I told you Danny, substitute Petracca and prime Dusty’s stats with the name Cam Rayner. It’ll be easier for you if you just let it happen.

The false hype put the kiss of death on Gunners last year and being a genuine Cam lover I would much prefer if we didn't put the mozz on him by just shutting up about how good he's going to be and wait till he does it.

Danster seems to have taken a morbid obsession in the non progression of Rayner but if I barracked for Melbourne I'd be looking for an outlet to take my mind off what was happening with my own team as well.

The false hype put the kiss of death on Gunners last year and being a genuine Cam lover I would much prefer if we didn't put the mozz on him by just shutting up about how good he's going to be and wait till he does it.

Danster seems to have taken a morbid obsession in the non progression of Rayner but if I barracked for Melbourne I'd be looking for an outlet to take my mind off what was happening with my own team as well.

My stat prediction of 20+ touches and 1.3 goals a game was conservative. Don't want to jinx him. 😎

Tunstill I mainly saw in the middle or on the forward line.

The grandstand side was prominently Fletcher, Sharp when he was on, and occasionally McCluggage.

The far side would have been Berry. Lohmann seemed to push up a lot and wide over there so could have played the role when Berry was off - it wasn't easy to tell who was there from where I was.

Madden was another who was around the ball more than I expected, and didn't look to be starting in the backline so probably rotated there too but that's speculation.
Tunstill did look to be playing the forward/mid role of Dev last year this week. Last week he looked to have played way more pure wing time. So that lines up with the less visibility this week

the only stats that matter is contested possessions - thats why the contested possession kings melbourne football club have gone out in straight sets two years running

I'd prefer we rise above the notion that what we post on an increasingly obsure/niche forum has the supernatural ability to "mozz" a player.

I'd prefer we rise above the notion that what we post on an increasingly obsure/niche forum has the supernatural ability to "mozz" a player.
I like obscure and niche, rather that than be part of the madding masses, people in massive groups all thinking the same thing are grossly overrated.... IMO.

The only reason we had no injuries last night was because I 🤞🫰.

I think I'm a sceptic and a realist but seen the old mozz take hold so often in my life it's useful to explain the otherwise inexplicable things that happen.

Put me down as one who is wary of the far reaching powers of the mozz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First to admit I didn't think Lohmann looked up to it in the games I've seen him play but in a different role last night he looked pretty decent. Good enough to make his way onto my Supercoach team anyway :p

Time will tell. Nothing will surprise me with the tribunal this year and their stated disregard of historical precedents.

Some pretty strong comments from King and Cornes this morning (IN DARCY'S DEFENCE before you lot in the cheap seats start carrying on)

Nothing in it, looked more like Hayward played for the free kick.

the only stats that matter is contested possessions - thats why the contested possession kings melbourne football club have gone out in straight sets two years running
straight sets notion doesn't mean anything. We played the premiers in the opening round of the finals, a game we weren't favourites to win. We lost by 7 points despite kicking inaccurately and having a long injury list.

So then we lost to Carlton by 2 points after kicking 9.17. So by straight sets you mean we lost 1 game we were expected to win? wow. nice analysis.

Regarding Rayner, I still don't see any stat predictions so you're avoiding putting your name next to them im guessing.

straight sets notion doesn't mean anything. We played the premiers in the opening round of the finals, a game we weren't favourites to win. We lost by 7 points despite kicking inaccurately and having a long injury list.

So then we lost to Carlton by 2 points after kicking 9.17. So by straight sets you mean we lost 1 game we were expected to win? wow. nice analysis.

Regarding Rayner, I still don't see any stat predictions so you're avoiding putting your name next to them im guessing.
love you danny always know how to make me have a chuckle

It was our last quarters. 2nd quarters were our best (157.2%).

More of the same last night:

Going the early crow here.
Last night in a pre determined 20 min quarter in the last, it seems clear to me that the heads went to thinking of Opening Round.
Understandably.
I noticed people on here making the claims of, it’s time to get our best players off the ground.
I am sure the players were thinking the same, let’s just get through.

Going the early crow here.
Last night in a pre determined 20 min quarter in the last, it seems clear to me that the heads went to thinking of Opening Round.
Understandably.
I noticed people on here making the claims of, it’s time to get our best players off the ground.
I am sure the players were thinking the same, let’s just get through.

1000%. Anyone trying to read anything into that final quarter wasn't considering the obvious part that no points were up for grabs and everyone on both teams were in preservation mode.

Buy a club membership. Comes with Kaye. Cheaper.
On this, does anyone know if you cancel Kayo at the normal (expensive) rate and then sign up for the digital membership, would you still get the 12 months of Kayo? Or would they pick up your email address marked as a pre-existing customer and not give you that access?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back